PDA

View Full Version : Windy day Xposted in paintout project

DFGray
09-11-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi
Blustery Day
Pic 1: the start I had my pastels on ground as they seemed precarious
in the wind
Pic 2: It was too much for this old guy to bend over for pastels so put up TV tray and added rock for ballast
pic 3: the result on this International paint out day
19 x 28" on colourfix the Little Qualicum River Estuary
regards
Dan
http://www.members.shaw.ca/dfgray/
ps easle blew over twice but pastels held

Khadres
09-11-2004, 10:30 PM
Gorgeous as usual! This must not have been Hurricane winds, tho! Still, the thought of all those pastels blowing over and smashing on the rocks is enough to give one the heebeejeebies!

Terry Wynn
09-12-2004, 12:05 AM
I think your painting is stunning. As someone new to pastels, it is interesting to see how you set up for painting outside.

Thank you for sharing.

Terry

Pinecone Conniff
09-12-2004, 09:17 AM
I love how you captured the clouds & their energy has captured the wind as well!! :clap:
Sure glad you survived the knockdowns! :D
Annette

pjo
09-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Love the photos of your set up. Windy days can play havoc with pastel, but...I think it inspired you and can see the vibrancy and energy in your painting. Wonderful feeling of movement, the colors are very strong. It looks as though your paint out was a huge success.

meowmeow
09-12-2004, 07:18 PM
Smart move to keep those pastels on the ground!
Gorgeous, as usual. I love the colors and the clouds are terrific!

Sandy

khourianya
09-12-2004, 07:50 PM
Sounds like an adventure, painting in the wind. I love to see peoples plein aire set-ups...it's a big help for the day (next summer at the earliest) when I will attempt it :D

This piece is stunning!

Mikki Petersen
09-12-2004, 08:35 PM
I've just begun painting outdoors and it is an adventure in logistics, isn't it? Especially with pastels. With watercolors, I can keep my supplies in my pocket!

The painting is lovely...so much energy!