PDA

View Full Version : WIP-Daisies

Flopka
09-11-2004, 07:20 PM
I've gotten off my pansy obsession and have moved on to a new one. :-)

This project is just in the blocking-in stage as far as the flowers and greenery are concerned. About the only thing that is "done" is the cat's face (more or less).

As you can see, there is a mismatch in contrasts between the values, and between the intensity of color in the cat's face and her surroundings. I find it easier to lighten things than to darken them, so right now I am just making sure to have my colors right and then I plan to bring the foliage into lighter values by glazing.

The plane the cat is sitting on is supposed to be brown earth, hopefully this will become more apparent as I continue... There also needs to be more blue or purple in the upper left and lower right corners, I think?

ExpressiveAngie
09-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Kitty cats and daisies, two of my favorite things :clap:

Eileenjm
09-12-2004, 03:32 AM
:) This is looking good already, can't wait to see the next stage will be following with great interest. :clap:

Eileen

SummerSun
09-12-2004, 08:24 AM
This is a really fantastic start! The cat looks so realistic and natural, that I can almost see her (or him) jumping out of the painting after a mouse. Please post the second stage soon, I can't wait to see this finished :).

kdkbrown
09-12-2004, 10:50 AM
Your off to a good start! I just love cats!

Donna

Sonia
09-12-2004, 05:24 PM
This is definitely worth watching!

John H
09-12-2004, 07:12 PM
Now THAT'S a cat! Looks fantastic.

Just Crystal
09-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Can't wait to see this one progress...it is looking good already!