PDA

View Full Version : pleinairpaintout

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I had hoped so much to join thr PleinAireGeorgia group at Callawayy Gardens in Columbus, GA......Scheduling and other things like the rain for 24 hours straight canceled that, but I decided to do it on my own knowing that someone else in the world would be doing the same thing. As you know, Ii am not a landscapest much less a plein aire person.......It was great fun in the park,,,,,,lots of folks stopped and stared...they must have thought I was French tourist!!! lol....Here is my one hour effort...no sun, hence no shadows....I guess I'll try to perk it up in the studio. I gained a lot of respect for you guys that haul all that stuff around and put up with the elements just for the joy of painting... I think I'll just stay inside :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/29946-h-villecityparl-canal.jpg

Pinecone Conniff
09-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Are you sure you want to stay inside?? :confused: ...I like painting in the studio too but the plein air experience is such fun and at the same time very demanding. The more you do it the better it gets!!
I think the colors you used in this piece are excellent & I really like it a lot!!
I wouldn't mess with it back in the studio...you may lose the moment...just get back out there & paint again! :D
Annette

binkie
09-11-2004, 07:02 PM
Preston, you did an excellent job on this. I especially like the water and reflections and the colors you used. And this in only an hour!!!! :clap: :clap:

gwen

meowmeow
09-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Wow Preston! Having done plein air I know how difficult it can be....this is terrific. Good colors, nice composition. YOu have lots of great things going on here with the water and the bridge there. Excellent.
Keep doing it...you learn so much from working outdoors...even if what you do on any day doesn't seem that great you will get so much from it.

Sandy

SweetBabyJ
09-11-2004, 08:58 PM
HA! You can SO do landscapes!!

Well done- look at you go!

Nice colours starting to sing here, Preston- you're getting much cleaner work this way. Tiresome painting on location, isn't it? But what a sense of accomplishment! Congrats!

Kathryn Wilson
09-11-2004, 09:09 PM
Yay Preston! Plein air can be fun - you just hafta do a lot of planning ahead of time.

Love the colors and the freshness of this painting - I would hate to see you fool with it, but you are the artist and know best - :clap:

Khadres
09-11-2004, 10:16 PM
I'd say you're a natural at plein air if this is what you can do first time out and in an HOUR, no less! Very fresh and vibrant! Don't mess with it if you can resist the temptation...keep it in a special portfolio just for plein air work and watch how they get better and better and better, the more you go out! Altho I find it hard to think you could get TOO much better! Would have to kill ya in that case.... :evil:

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 10:29 PM
First off let me say you guys are way too kind..thanks bunches,,,,I started not to post it.

ps..I'm not going to find it difficult to leave alone in the least,,,,If it had not tbeen the for thepaint out...I wouldn't have bothered with the clouds and humitidy,....so I'm sure I'll venture out agiain,,,,probably in the fall.