PDA

View Full Version : Rough Seas Llangranog - Arnold lowrey

Arnold Lowrey
09-11-2004, 05:02 PM
This is a soft pastel on grey Canson Mi Tientes paper - full sheet.
Llangranog is a small cove on the west coadt of Wales and I am always fascinated by the large rock at one end
Arnold

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/47691-Rough_seas,_Llangranog_copy.jpg

Dark_Shades
09-11-2004, 05:12 PM
another Beauty Arnold, can really feel/sense the force of the crashing water......love your work.... when are you bringing out a video in Pastels ? ..... are Landscapes and Trees on the menu .... if not, strongly hinting :)

khourianya
09-11-2004, 06:09 PM
Through your many paintings of this place, I feel as though I know it intimately. Another beauty, Arnold!

I, too, would be quite interested in a pastel video by you....consider it another hint :D

binkie
09-11-2004, 07:06 PM
Your work is just so incredible!!! Continue to take care of yourself so you have a speedy recovery after surgery.

gwen

Arnold Lowrey
09-12-2004, 01:27 AM
Through your many paintings of this place, I feel as though I know it intimately. Another beauty, Arnold!

I, too, would be quite interested in a pastel video by you....consider it another hint :D

Arnold Lowrey
09-12-2004, 01:35 AM

The UK artists who influenced me in pastels are
First -Aubrey Phillips He made a video years ago and used to be called "the master of simplicity" That guy could paint in any medium and often did. I was very much influenced by his work
Also other artists who have pastel videos and who have influenced me
Barry Watkin
Both of thes have videos fon pastels from www.apvfilms.com in UK

Other pastelists with videos are
Jackie Simmons - she is on this site and is super
see www.saa.co.uk
Other great pastellists who I greatly admire in UK are
Ken Paine
Christopher Ashton-Stone (now died)
There are probably many fine pastlists in other parts of the world but my knowledge of them is poor

Arnold

Paula Ford
09-12-2004, 12:43 PM
Your paintings are absolutely gorgeous!!

Paula

Arnold Lowrey
09-13-2004, 05:35 AM
Many thanks for your kind comments
Arnold

decoratorgirl
09-13-2004, 07:49 AM
Wow!! this is gorgeous!

JamieWG
09-13-2004, 09:30 PM
Wonderful sky and splashing water. I love the reflective quality of the water too. Achieving this result on Canson is no easy feat!

We have almost the same quote in our sigs!

Jamie