PDA

View Full Version : Tyger.....

Dark_Shades
09-11-2004, 12:24 PM
Ive only managed to paint for a little bit here and there this week, and hoping to complete this, this weekend..... having said that, its now 5.30 Saturday evening ... hmmmm ....... Im currently concentrating on the hair..... then work back on the face and neck, but want to leave the clothing much as is..... IF it all finishes up well, then I may have it framed and give it to my sister for Christmas, as its of her grandson ....... Tyger, my Great Nephew :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/12116-tygerd.jpg

Kathryn Day
09-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Dawn,
Love his curls! Maybe his right ear is too low. Check that as that is how it appears, but you probably have already spotted it. I like the background too.

khourianya
09-11-2004, 02:13 PM
This is such a sweet portrait. Those eyes just melt my heart..what a little darling!

Paula Ford
09-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Oh Dawn, I just want to pinch those sweet little cheeks!! He's gorgeous!!

Paula

Khadres
09-11-2004, 03:11 PM
This is great! But it does prove a theory I have that all little boys have GORGEOUS thick, curly hair and foot long eyelashes, while most little girls have stick straight, thin wispy hair and oh...three, four eyelashes max! Very well done!

binkie
09-11-2004, 03:57 PM
What a cutie! What do you mean "if" it finishes well? It's beautiful already!! I love the way the colors in the background just enhance the colors in his face.

gwen

meowmeow
09-11-2004, 04:09 PM
GOrgeous little boy! He looks super...just that right ear is sort of wonky but I'm sure you'll get it.

Sandy

MollyUnlimited
09-11-2004, 04:47 PM
Oh my GOSH! He is just GORGEOUS!!!!!

Your portrait is phenomenal, too. Love the colors and how you did his eyes. It really tugs at my heart strings. You did a FANTASTIC job with the curls, too. They can really be a challenge, and dark hair to boot!

Just precious. I just want to grab him and hug him! Your sister is just going to burst into tears of joy when she sees this. How can you WAIT till Christmas????? :D

K Taylor-Green
09-11-2004, 04:52 PM
LOL Dawn, I expected to see a big "kitty"! And here it is a little boy of heart stopping beauty. Very, very well done! Your sister will be very happy.

Dark_Shades
09-11-2004, 06:53 PM
Thank you Katy, Sandy....... I saw it, but it wasnt registering, that I needed to change it... so thanks for bringing me up on that.... thank you khourianya, binkie, Paula, Molly...... he's is a sweetie, isnt he.... I painted him when he was two days old, and Barb (bnoonan) gave the painting the wonderful title of 'Sleeping Angels Wing' ..... how lovely is that!!

... lol Sooz, this abundance of curly hair is giving me grief ... :p ..... Im getting there, but its a struggle....

ha ha Kate, I wondered if anyone would think of a Tiger..... lol we sure did when we first heard he's name :) .... I wanted to rush out and buy all the Winnie the Pooh and Tigger things ..... but the look my niece gave me, decided me not to :eek: :) ..... now Im rather found of the name Tyger

.... well its now coming up to midnight, and this is how far Ive got, still need to work more on the hair on the right, and including the ear..... dont think Ive done curly hair before..... not sure I want to again either hee hee

... thanks for looking

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/12116-tygere.jpg

SweetBabyJ
09-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Check the size of the irises, Dawn, I think one is larger than the other- something is giving the impression the left (viewer's) eye is smaller than the right.

Gorgeous colour use- you make it look so easy to put all those glorious colours into skin- beautiful.

Redsy333
09-12-2004, 09:27 PM
Beautiful colors..love those big curls!

bnoonan
09-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Dawn, i saw the painting before i read who posted it and knew it was your fine artsmanship even without seeing the name posted. They are going to love it.

Barb

ElfeUra
09-13-2004, 05:04 AM
Dark-Shades,
this is a beautiful portrait. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Gives me a smile, seeing it! Kids are so wonderful.

Thanks for sharing. Your sister sure will love it!!!

Rita

Dark_Shades
09-14-2004, 03:08 AM
Hi y'all....... thank you :)

My sister happened a surprise visit on Sunday, and saw it...... Ive never seen her so emotional, all her eyes welled up....... one thing I forgot to say was that it was worked from a night time photo, when he was out playing in the garden, so I couldnt see much of anything..... AND, lol, he had this huge yellow toy right across he's chin....... so I had to make that up..... of course, what didnt I do.... didnt even notice, but my sis did :p ...... he has a dimple in he's chin....... so I got to add that ....lol

Thanks my friends

Kathryn Wilson
09-14-2004, 07:05 AM
Aww, Dawn - he's a cutie! You always know just the right touch for skin tone and those curls are gorgeous! :clap:

judwal
09-14-2004, 07:21 AM
Beautiful portrait. He's a doll with those big eyes.

dragonlady
09-14-2004, 07:57 AM
Beautiful painting, Dawn - so expressive. I can see why your sister would love it.

Einharjar
09-14-2004, 08:32 AM
this is beautiful...his skin looks so soft and glowing...i love his luminous eyes.
Sam

k9artist
09-19-2004, 10:46 PM
Hi Dawn!! Looks like this little guy has a lot of character!! What a wonderful painting!! Sorry it took me soooo long to catch up..you know..busy busy busy!
Dana :wave: :wave: :clap: :clap:

prestonsega
09-20-2004, 05:51 AM
No one has mentioned the background and that's a good sign that it's working,,,,I like the texture in contrast to the smooth skin and the fact that it has the same tones as used in the face and hair. Not sure how I missed this earlier so I'm glad it got brought to the front of the line. :clap:

Dark_Shades
09-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Sorry, for taking so long to thank you all ...... just sort of got lost with everything :) ..... still have have to put the dimple in .....

thank you Kat..... Judwal..... Dragon..... thank you Sam...... Dana..... Preston....... your comments mean alot to me

christmascarolnz
09-27-2004, 04:39 PM
I love the colours you use in your portraits. You sure have a unique style which I admire.
This is really great and your sister is very lucky.
Cheers,
Carol :clap:

dexonsbabe
09-27-2004, 04:46 PM
very nice Dark Shades looking great :clap: :clap:

Mikki Petersen
09-28-2004, 01:54 PM
Oh ho! What an innocent expression on what is obviously an handful of little boy. You hit a real winner with this one Dawn. Everything about it is exceptional. How great it must have been to see your sister's reaction. I did a portrait of my niece for my sister. My niece was sitting with a dog and all my sister did was try to figure out where the dog came from :eek:

Dark_Shades
09-29-2004, 05:28 PM
Thank you Carol...... Lori, Mikki,....... you are soooo right ha ha, he IS a realllllll handful :evil: :D ........ dont see him that often, next time will be Christmas..... last year was fun, my nephew popped him into one of those BIG Christmas bags and gave him to my sister as a pressie hee hee.... she jumped out of her skin when the bag began to move..... and we all roared with laughter when she peered inside ...... there he was at the bottom looking up at her, all wide eyed and angelic .... grinning from ear to ear