PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Show & Tell

KellyD
09-11-2004, 09:29 AM
Okay, everyone must be sleeping in this morning ;)
I worked on this idea yesterday, I call it Fairy Princess Party. I wanted to make something that had kind of a watercolor look to it, kind of dreamy and pale. I coated most of the things here in clear and used alot of clear pastels over white. I made a Fairy Princess(this took what seemed like forever!), a mushroom w/frog, mushroom w/ladybug, a big ladybug, princess hat, cupcakes and flowers.
Have a great day today everyone.
Kelly

crsann
09-11-2004, 09:41 AM
Kelly you absolutely met your goal. Those are splendiforously beautiful beads.
chrisann

Foofaraw
09-11-2004, 09:53 AM
Kelly those are just magical!!!!!!!

Here is a set of cubes in three different ways made with the new zoozii cube press! I love the regular old fashioned cubes, but the other two ways with the hole going from side to side and corner to corner are fabulous!!!!!
Oh black with my failed attempt at raku and etched.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/19877-rakucubed.jpg

jbriz
09-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Jenn...those are just too cool! Love the shapes! Another thing to put on my Christmas wish list! My DH will have no trouble finding something for me this year! :clap:

dananichols
09-11-2004, 10:37 AM
Kelly - I so enjoy seeing your sculpture beads (love the halloween ones) and these are precious.

Foofaraw - awesome cubes - that looks like a great press to have!

Here's mine - not really from Saturday - two days old, I'm just getting around to posting them.

double S
09-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Kelly-- incredible detail
Jenn- I like the failed Raku, looks like beautiful stonework
Here are mine
Fog lamp- stiking yellow, blue tansparent, not happy with my stringer work :(
Poirot- black, copper green, goldstone, EDP etched
Solstice-- various transparents, ivory stringer etched
Tigger-- umm- amber, golstone and a lot of other stuff I don't remember
Lisa S

amy fgb
09-11-2004, 10:52 AM
Wow!

Kelly, those are awesome. I love that look.

Jenn, the cubes are very cool. I need to lok into getting one of those presses. Is thhat enamel I see? Something else I've been dying to try!

Dana, your beads are lovely. I really love the red you used - perfect for fall.

Here's a set I just listed last night. The colors are so beautiful, but you just can't see it in the pic. This is a set I really kind of wanted to keep, but I could use the money. Winter's coming and we're looking into a fireplace insert (ka-ching)!

Amy

amy fgb
09-11-2004, 10:54 AM
Lisa,

Oooops - don't know how I missed yours - very nice! I can't decide which one I like best, but if pressed to say, I might lean to the second one. :D

Great work!

Take care,
Amy

bikersatlarge
09-11-2004, 11:54 AM
here is a little something i did last nite these are in side out hollow beads thanks Jeff

koregon
09-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Kelly...Your set is wonderful!!!!
I clicked to see if it was available...that wonderful!

here is a little bit of different twist for me...maybe its the changing seasons...both sets didn't have stringer scrolling but instead multi mixed colors....here is one of them....will show the other tomorrow......

Streaky Pink Play

Nicole Carlson
09-11-2004, 12:01 PM
Wow Jenn, Love the cool cube shape.

Show:
These are my favorite beads du jour. Autumn Leaves. Inspired by frost tinted leaves falling from the trees at night.

Tell:
Basic Square flat Tabular beads. Black base, heavy copper foil leaves, clear encasement.
The leaves were punched from heavy foil with a craft store ‘Oak Leaf’ punch. The Red colour is just the cool effect of clear glass over copper. The beads shape is very easy to make. I just squish a bead with my mashers and square it up. No press needed.

KellyD
09-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Kelly...Your set is wonderful!!!!
I clicked to see if it was available...that wonderful!
Thanks so much Kaye and everyone!
I am going to list the set but I was hoping to get some better photos first as these just doesn't do it justice, there's so much detail you just can't see.
Anyway, hopefully I list them tonight
Kelly

theonlyduda
09-11-2004, 01:51 PM
:clap: :clap:

Beautiful stuff today, but I have to say to Nicole that I love those copper shapes! Those are fabulous! :D They inspire me to go play with my copper.... I just love how it looks under the glass!

Just a few leaves from me today....

acbeads_com
09-11-2004, 02:16 PM
Nicole--I LOVE those beads! great job!

boobiebeads
09-11-2004, 02:27 PM
WOW, what a fabulous S&T. I am in love with the fairy set, so soft and beautiful.

I think I have to have the cube press. I have never made a cube before, they look so uniform.

Now I am pouting that I decided to go to bed last night and not stay up and torch. pout, pout, pout.

GinaJ
09-11-2004, 03:02 PM
Beautiful S&T today, EVERYONE!!! I love them all! :clap:

beachbeads
09-11-2004, 04:30 PM
Wow Jenn, Love the cool cube shape.

Show:
These are my favorite beads du jour. Autumn Leaves. Inspired by frost tinted leaves falling from the trees at night.

Tell:
Basic Square flat Tabular beads. Black base, heavy copper foil leaves, clear encasement.
The leaves were punched from heavy foil with a craft store ‘Oak Leaf’ punch. The Red colour is just the cool effect of clear glass over copper. The beads shape is very easy to make. I just squish a bead with my mashers and square it up. No press needed.
Tell us more about the copper, after you put design on bead so you reintroduce the bead to the flame or encase??? They are beautiful. Sheila

Nicole Carlson
09-11-2004, 05:11 PM
Tell us more about the copper, after you put design on bead so you reintroduce the bead to the flame or encase??? They are beautiful. Sheila

Thank you all for your kind words. :D I'm really happy with the way these beads turned out. I have been planning them since last winter when I found the leaf punch in a craft store.

To get the cool red colour you have to encase the copper in clear glass.

I punched plenty of leaf shapes out of the copper foil. Built my bead, applied the copper leaf, encased with clear and then shaped the bead.

The tricky bit is to have the bead hot enough to pick up the copper. The glass has to be red hot for the copper to stick to it.

I rolled the bead against the marver to push down the leaves after I applied them. They want to stick up all over the place. Then I encased them very quickly. You have to be careful not to over heat the copper or your little details will melt off.

The copper is a very uninspiring charcoal colour during the process. It will not change to red until after the bead has cooled.

I saw this cool technique in Cindy Jenkins “Making Glass Beads’ book several years ago. I love the beautiful shade of Red the copper turns.

Hope you guys will show me what you do with it too.

JayneM
09-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Here are some more of my raku beads made with the uroboros sys 96 glass.
Will work on my photo, and take it again in the full sun before I list these on the bay.