PDA

View Full Version : Belgian Market Couple

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 03:39 AM
It took getting a show to get me off my duff and finish these paintings after ? months.......I worked with them side by side so as to have continuity between the partner paintings. C&C are welcome even though I aint touching these again,...but I can use the info for future paintings.

ps ..to the newbies these were cropped from a larger picture from the Wet Canvas reference image library ....a good resource for us to use!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/29946-belgiunmale-femalefinish.jpg

dexonsbabe
09-11-2004, 03:50 AM
they are great as usual Preston........I'm no expert as you know (lol) but the 2nd one looks as if it could have done with a bit more purple in the shadows on the floor and on the boxes. :D

Arnold Lowrey
09-11-2004, 04:04 AM
Superb pastels
Superb composition
You are to be congratulated
Arnold

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 04:45 AM
It is so nice to stay up all night painting in the quiet hours and then be able to talk to my friends across the ocean.

Lori....I love the fact that you are now looking at the darks.. :) ....I added a lots of purple tonight,,,,this photo was taken under incandescent lights so I could get it posted right away. They are going to the framers tomorrow,,,,,,so they are a little washed out,,,but you are right ,,,I still have not found a purple I like!!!!

Arnold..thanks for your comments and graciously accept your congratulations!

Pinecone Conniff
09-11-2004, 09:20 AM
Excellent paintings!! :clap:
And very nice duffs you got off your duff to finish!! :D :wink2:
Annette

meowmeow
09-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Arnold has it right, Preston...these are wonderful. I love them both!

Sandy

K Taylor-Green
09-11-2004, 10:22 AM
Great stuff, Preston. Colors, comp, everything.

Khadres
09-11-2004, 10:34 AM
How big are these? They would make a great pair for my house, but I don't have much in the way of wall space! :rolleyes: These are neat and you get the benefit of two at the same time! I like the sense of morning light in these! How many paintings are you aiming for for your show? Will you have a variety of sizes and prices so everybody can afford 'em? This is too cool...I have a zillion questions to pick your brain over! What kind of frames? You gonna show us the whole line-up when you get it all together? Can't wait to see it! Your work is fab! You'll be rich! Famous! (infamous?)

khourianya
09-11-2004, 11:29 AM
These are excellent, preston! I love how you can take something as simple as shopping at the market and turn it into art! Bravo!

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 11:53 AM
Cori, Sooz, Kate, and Annette..thanks for the looking and viewing...is sort of like refueling my tank to hear the kind words.

Sooz..I forgot to say these are 11.5"x 14.5" on wallis.....I don't know how mayny paintings I am going to show ...haven't counted....and yes there will be different prices on some of the same size piece...I don't know about rich,,but it would be nice to at least know a few more nice folks like ya'll :D

Terry Wynn
09-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Thank you for posting these. They are wonderful. Love the light and shadows.

Terry

Dyin
09-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Preston, was wondering if these were done for the show yet. You know I think they're great :) Am sure you will be a huge hit and sure to make some sales! :clap: When does the show start?

Tom Christopher
09-11-2004, 01:26 PM
Great Work Preston!! The details are spectacular..Thank you for posting... Tom

Paula Ford
09-11-2004, 02:53 PM
These are wonderful Preston!! BRAVO!!

Paula

judwal
09-11-2004, 03:50 PM
I like them just the way they "is." Well done!

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 05:12 PM
You know..I was going to quit procrastinating, but decided to wait till tomorrow!!! lol I have looked at these 2 paintings in their unfinished state for months and thought I would never get them finished...this upcoming show was the jump start I needed...I stayed up late painting and then was too excited to go to sleep.

Sue, Terry Paula,Tom Judwal....thank you so much for the day to day help you give me....without you guys,,I doubt I would be painting,,and know without you I would not be painting as much...you guys are great!

SweetBabyJ
09-11-2004, 08:50 PM
These will be definate showcasers for you- wonderful work- GREAT catch!

PS: Please match the "red doors" in hue, eh?