PDA

View Full Version : Show & Tell Saturday, Sept. 11

Lori-O
09-11-2004, 02:08 AM
I just pulled some of these out of the kiln for a show tomorrow. Our ISLAGA challenge was to be leaves, but I decided to try pinecone pendants instead!

beclectic
09-11-2004, 06:57 AM
I think I need to see some other angles. Is it flat? I don't get the feeling of angled symetry that I get from a pinecone. It looks pretty none the less.

toozygoot
09-11-2004, 09:09 AM
Lori - I bet that bead catches the light really nicely! I should try doing some like that myself!

pat

carebear
09-11-2004, 09:46 AM
morning all!

lori-o....beautiful colored pendant...reminds me of root beer for some reason...lol

the bracelet I made yesterday...had to finish it in time to wear to work last night, so it isn't one of those carefully thought out pieces! but it makes me smile to wear it :)

the necklace was made for one of the girls at work...she calls it "dramatic" :confused:

ah well...always fun to make!

carrie

TheBlueBetween
09-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Happy Saturday everyone :)

Lori - I like it - what color brown did you use? I need to learn how to make pendants like that off mandrel - it's one of the things I've been craving to do... and PMC... and glass cabs.... and and and .... LOL :)

Carrie - I like the donut necklace and how you layered the donut with the coin - I have a red donut and an old chinese coin that would look so great together - why did I never think of that?!

Here is my little fun ring I made last night - I love it - I've made a couple, but never in these colors - I am going to have to make some more :)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/11-Sep-2004/27814-1ring.jpg

Andee
09-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Lori - pretty bead! :)

Carrie - I don't see dramatic in that necklace, it's got a pretty ethnic look! I like it a lot! Lovely bracelet, too!

Pam - what a cute ring! :)

Nothing from me today - after yesterday's long sit-in at the work bench I ran out of ideas for the moment...

McDuck
09-11-2004, 06:28 PM
Lori that's nice, can we see more pics of it palease?

Carrie, i like that bracelet alot. quite sweet!

Pam - oh dont like it at all, maybe you should just ship it on over here so noone else has to see it either. :rolleyes: ... :evil: :D

nothing from me buit bisque.
-mary the drive by mcduck

DonnaBee
09-11-2004, 08:03 PM
Lori, Carrie and Pam! All extra nice pieces.

Pam, send the ring to me first please, and I will be sure and give it to Mary next time I see her. :evil: :cat:

hlynn1975
09-11-2004, 09:55 PM
This is a piece I am going to post on ebay. I just have to decide if I should post it now or wait till valentines day.

http://images.aaquaria.com/albums/userpics/10012/normal_bracelet1.jpg

What do you think?

Heather

hlynn1975
09-11-2004, 09:59 PM
I don't know why the picture won't show, I have the html tags on the link, I even remembered to close the tags this time! lol. Ah well, the link works anyway.

Heather

Lori-O
09-11-2004, 10:44 PM
Hi.. I've been at a sale all day. Made $45. Not bad for my first one.

Here's another view of the pinecone..

beclectic
09-12-2004, 11:06 AM
Hi.. I've been at a sale all day. Made $45. Not bad for my first one.

Here's another view of the pinecone..

Thanks for the second picture. I see the pinecone now. Very nice and stylized.

Pam, I like your ring, those colors are very neutral and should go with everything. It's a ring for all seasons.

Heather - welcome to Wearable Art if I haven't welcomed you already and I don't think I have. Your bracelet is very femine, hearts seem to do well all year but might bring higher prices around valentines. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Carrie - your necklace is very nice, I agree with Pam the coin and donut are a great idea. That would work on a bracelet as well. Your bracelet is so colorful and interesting with the different sized beads. I bet it looked great when you went out and you probably glowed because you were so happy with it.

Lori-O
09-12-2004, 03:26 PM
Yes, the pinecone needs a little work in the technique area, but I think it's a groovy Christmas idea!

dananichols
09-12-2004, 03:58 PM
I posted this in glass art yesterday and forget to share over here!! I've been in love with the Sersich bracelets since I saw them, almost bought one! Then someone mentioned and older Bead and Button article, so I purchased it off their site and modified it a little. I'm sure this is still not her technique exactly, but I was pretty happy with how it came out - thought I may have put a little TOO much stuff on it!

My lampwork beads, other lucite beads, glass beads and such.