PDA

View Full Version : First Pastel Cross Post.

ajlec2000
09-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Finally getting around to trying pastels. This is cross posted from the September Figure Challenge in the Figure Forum(thx Jal).
Nupastel and Goldfaber Studio Soft Pastels on Canson 120lb rough watercolor paper. I used the greys in the background to help make her stand out and have regreted it. She looks like she's floating in space. None-the-less I'm happy with it as it is a 3 hour first try.

khourianya
09-10-2004, 08:41 PM
This is looking really good. You've done a great job on the figure and the shadows are impecable on her skin. I'm not a fan of all of the grey, to be completely honest. I think that if you added in a bit of blue and green to better define the water and some lighter grey and light brown into the sand, it would define the scene better. Just my thought anyway..maybe I am way off, but thought I'd let you know.

billiam
09-11-2004, 06:19 AM
her and the comp. are great. can you add a little blue and green? bill

ajlec2000
09-11-2004, 01:59 PM
How about blue, blue and tan? Ran thru PSP for some tint. I don't think I'm going to do anything else with the original. Time to take the lessons learned and move on.

Khadres
09-11-2004, 03:14 PM
Very nice! Hoping I learn to do figures this well if I study the rest of my life!