PDA

View Full Version : John Kerry Caricature (2nd attempt)

Art_man
09-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Hi Everyone,

It's me, your friendly neighborhood teenage ninja caricaturist. I've been working on some caricatures for a series that I'd like to dedicate to the presidential election - though I'm not old enough to vote, I can't wait until I can because I've been learning a whole bunch about democracy and this great country we live in. Here's my attempt at John Kerry. It's still a wip. I thought I'd post it for some feedback because I'm about to start the all important hair and I want to make sure I have a good likeness. So, any feedback, suggestions, critiques, and comments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ricky :)

designbyjen
09-10-2004, 11:05 PM
good shtyl'in shtuff. easier if ya post the ref. pict. for everybody to compare :)
~~~jen

Art_man
09-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Hi Jen,

sorry, I keep forgeting about the reference pic. Here's the link.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/rcorbett/JKreference.bmp

AFM159
09-11-2004, 12:17 AM
I think you've got a good likeness going.

Art_man
09-11-2004, 10:00 AM
thanks....though I'm a little afraid to do the hair. I think it's one of the important features on John Kerry, I don't want to mess up the likeness. But, I have to do it. I'm just going to jump right in. I'll post my update.

Thanks,
Ricky :)

CoriaIsDaBest
09-11-2004, 02:19 PM
Ha! You've got the likeness perfect! At least I think so. :clap:

coolray
09-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Ricky!!!!

I am impressed! This is really got the caricature style to it! What was your inspiration?

Don't fret the hair, just let yourself go. It will be okay. Remember, you can always do another if you goof up, cause you are the artist! :)

Can't wait to see it finished!

Best to you,

Terry