PDA

View Full Version : Show and Tell Sep 10, 2004 Friday

McDuck
09-10-2004, 07:59 AM
Monring everyone! Here is set of ceramic beads I call "Monsoon Season", Teal with olive bursts small black dots with MOP luster. I hope by saturday to have soem finished jewelry to share. MOP is exceptionally hard to photograph.

So now show me your pretties!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

LLane
09-10-2004, 08:24 AM
OOOH Ms. Mary those are FAB!!!! Can I have them??? :D :evil:

I tend to cruise this thread and enjoy but don't usually post any of my stuff... seems like I'm always making something for it to go out the door.... which is good.... so here are a few pieces of my lampwork into bracelets. The red/black/yellow incorporated some furnace glass beads my friend made as "floaties." The other two are made in a "galaxy style," using some Swarovski Crystals and Bali. Glass colors are Lausha olive and ivory, and copper green with teal and purple, both have goldstone which doesn't show up much in the pic... but really kicks butt in the beads! :D (yeah... I like these!) :wink2:
Peace,
Lois

GardensOnGlass
09-10-2004, 08:54 AM
Mary, those are LOVELY! I've got to peruse your site again & place an order soon!

Lois, so glad you posted. The bracelets are terrific. I have some furnace glass, but, honestly, I never think to mix it with lampwork. I'm going to have to re-examine a few projects I have going. (P.S.-Are you REALLY sure you want to head to the Keys? I'm half joking, I'd love the climate, but sheesh this hurricaine season is horrid.)

Andee
09-10-2004, 11:08 AM
Mary - lovely beads, great luster!!

Lois - one bracelet more beautiful than the other! I especially love the last one, great colours, and great lampwork!!

I'm gonna be a threadhog today - sorry! ;) But I HAVE been busy, made three sets... The black/white ring and earrings have buttons (inlaid with MOP) set in 'em.

Andee
09-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Here are the matching earrings:

toozygoot
09-10-2004, 11:29 AM
Mary - those are gorgeous! You must love opening your kiln when you find something like this! Reminds me of the oil slicks on puddles that we used to ride our bikes through. Not a romantic thought but they were so pretty to me.

Lois - no wonder they fly out the door! Love them all! But if someone made me pick a fav, it would be the last one.

Andee - I love the simplicity of your pieces and I never was really drawn to that particular Hilltribe bead. But now that I've seen you use it, I think I will have to get some. I like the way you squared off the earring posts to enhance your design too.

pat

GardensOnGlass
09-10-2004, 11:35 AM
Stunning, stunning, stunning, Andee! I'm especially drawn to the frosted aqua of the chunky square set!

TheBlueBetween
09-10-2004, 12:34 PM
Beautiful color on those beads Mary!

Lois - I'm so happy to see you post! Great beads and bracelets! Do those yellow beads float over the silver bars???!!! Can't pick a favorite :)

Andee you have been busy! Great sets - all of them!

DonnaBee
09-10-2004, 12:59 PM
Oh Mary they are show-stoppers! :clap:

Lois, I also am really glad you got some pics for us before your latest beauties flew off to their new owners! Thank you for posting them for us!

Hi Lori! :wave:

Andee..... sigh.... I love your style.... did you know that??? ;)

Pat! :wave:

Pam! :wave:

(edited..... sorry for all the wavy, jumpy icons! I just looked at my post and it almost gave me a seizure! I might be back later with some pics, and no animated icons! :wink2: )

toozygoot
09-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Hey Donna! Waving back at you!!! :wave:

pat :)

BlueBuddha
09-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Wow, great stuff, everyone!

Lois & Mary: Niiiice beads! It's people like you who are gonna eventually get me to start using more beads in my work!

Andee: Cool designs; I especially like the mother of pearl set. Also, I have been looking for a way to photograph my earrings better, and I love what you did. I'm gonna have to find a clear tube and steal your set-up, if you don't mind.

Here's some of the stuff I worked on over the weekend. First are a couple of sterling earrings (see, I *do* need a new set-up!). Then a sterling necklace, a sterling bracelet and finally a steel & aluminum bracelet. Enjoy!

Andee
09-10-2004, 01:36 PM
You all are so nice to me, thank you! :) :)

Donna - not sure if I knew that, but I do now! Thanks! ;)

Rebeca - nah, of course I don't mind you "stealing" my set up! :) And wow, you have been busy! How long are those earrings? I'm sure if I put them on they would dangle somewhere in the area of my belly button! ;) I love every piece, but especially the necklace and the first bracelet! Wow!

BlueBuddha
09-10-2004, 02:15 PM
How long are those earrings? I'm sure if I put them on they would dangle somewhere in the area of my belly button! ;)
hee, hee! The green ones are about 2 3/4" long and the 2nd ones are about 2 inches long. So they're not incredibly long, but the first ones definitely have some weight to them! I want to put them on some lever backs, if my order from Rio would ever arrive... :(

McDuck
09-10-2004, 02:39 PM
Lois - I love that green bracelet. Been thinking about your new house too. I hope it fairs well wiht the hurricane.

Andee - the blue is so cooling feeling, very easy ont he eyes! I really like what you did with them!

Rebeca - the second pair of earrings are calling my name, too bad I dont have a beautiful neck to show them off with!

And thank you guys for liking the new beadies. Back to the garage sale and work!

-mary

lizo
09-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Rebeca- wonderful wirework! I love the chain-maille!!!

Andee- I'm in awe as usual over your great pieces!

Okay. I finally finished some stuff. I'm going to sell these at the local art association's gallery downtown. Let's see how they do!

The first 2 are a set- sterling silver wire, and chain with fiber-optic beads, glass beads, freshwater pearls and furnace beads. I hope that I made the bracelet small enough, but not too small. I'm 6'2", so I have really big wrists- if I try making something that fits my wrists, it's going to be too big for most people.

The third picture is a micro-fiber suede necklace with a PMC pendant with a furnace bead and a handmade clasp. I used this old Indian wooden stamp that I got in Holland to make the pendant. And, I discovered that I can burnish my PMC pieces with a steel spoon- that adds a lot of depth to my them.

Thanks for taking a look, everyone!

Liz

Tutti-frutti
09-10-2004, 03:37 PM
boy those earrings take the cake. Did you do all the wirework? I cant even seem to make a simple loop :crying: . good work
katja

DonnaBee
09-10-2004, 03:47 PM
BlueBuddha and Liz, these are all fabulous pieces! What a great show n tell we are having today.

Hi katja! :wave:

framerak
09-10-2004, 04:45 PM
Great S & T! Such beautiful work.

Mary, I love your work and these beads are no exception! Browsed your site yesterday and enjoyed looking at all the goodies!

Lois, the purple and green bracelet is a stunner. I'm a sucker for that color combo; always talks to me.

Andee, all I can say is WOW! Your designs continue to inspire me. Love the blue sqaurish earrings.

Rebecca, chain must behave differently in your world than in mine! My chain work tends to look like a two year old did it. I love the long dangly earrings (although the short fat neck I inherited from my Mother never does such things justice).

Liz, if that bracelet is too small for folks, just send it on to me! I have small wrists and would be more than happy to "display" it for you. :wink2:

Did I forget anyone? I hope not! Still new to this and learning who everyone is.

Nothing new from me yet. I'm off to the LBS to get some beads for a spiral necklace and then back to my framing room to finish some mats and frames for a customer. Sigh--I'd rather be beading!

Angela

SuzyQ
09-10-2004, 04:57 PM
Wow Ladies! Great work.

Mary Riggs
09-10-2004, 05:02 PM
All of your jewelry is simply drop-dead gorgeous today! Can't pick a favorite :wink2:

Rebecca, I PM'd you about the all silver bracelet you posted today. Just what I have been looking for!

Kerensamere
09-10-2004, 05:35 PM
Monring everyone! Here is set of ceramic beads I call "Monsoon Season", Teal with olive bursts small black dots with MOP luster. I hope by saturday to have soem finished jewelry to share. MOP is exceptionally hard to photograph.

So now show me your pretties!

-Mary...errrr...McDuck

Mary those are just lovely! I'd love to play with a few of those and mix them with my glass! Didn't find them on your web site (obviously! you just made them! :rolleyes: ) Please pm me with the details. By the way I really liked the pearlescent ones you posted the other day with the flower too. -Jen

DonnaBee
09-10-2004, 06:21 PM
Here is the goddess necklace I restrung this week. It's owner rarely removes it, so about once a year I redo it for her because the softflex begins to fray from the excessive wear. She just really loves this piece!

I got the silver lunar goddess and 6mm blue tigereye rounds from ebay (for the life of me, I can't remember the sellers, it was a couple years ago). For sterling crimps, I only buy them from Rio Grande, and Softflex .019 is the cable.

The beads look black at first glance, but in sun or strong light, you can see they're dark blue translucent. Blue tigereye is supposed to represent intuition I read somewhere, so I thought it went well with the moon goddess.

McDuck
09-10-2004, 07:00 PM
OOh Donna, i can see why she has it restrung. VERY nice piece!

Angela - I need to update my pics on my site in a bad way. I am wiating for the webmistress to show me how to add pics myself.

And it seems I have been in a teal mood lately. LOL I justed looked on Justbeads and a good deal of it is teal rofl i guess teal is the new pink.

-mary

beclectic
09-10-2004, 09:02 PM
Hi Everyone. Beautiful show as usual.

I'll try to get here earlier tomorrow so I can comment on things as they are posted. All this loveliness is overwhelming and I can't address each piece. All I can do is say thank you for letting me feast my eyes tonight. :)

BlueBuddha
09-10-2004, 11:20 PM
*whistles* Donna, that necklace is somethin'! I like the simple lines & shapes...very elegant.

framerak
09-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Donna, that necklace is drop-dead gorgeous! Quite elegant. What's the word I want...? Sensuous!!

Angela

toozygoot
09-11-2004, 09:07 AM
Rebeca - Wow! I am loving all of these! You amaze me with your talent! I especially love the look of the second pair of earrings even tho they aren't the most complicated of the group. I need to order rings when I get home!

Liz - gorgeous job with that bracelet! I love pieces like this!

Donna - what an elegant way to wear that sleek goddess! I would never take that piece off!

pat

Andee
09-11-2004, 09:14 AM
Rebeca - sounds pretty long to me, but they ARE gorgeous! :) And I think they would look even better (especially the first ones) on leverbacks!

Liz - nice pieces, I especially like the necklace - that pendant is yummy! :)

Donna - that necklace is simply beautiful! Very elegant, I love it! :clap:

MadameKali
09-11-2004, 02:41 PM
What a great show and tell, everyone!!!!

DonnaBee
09-11-2004, 07:56 PM
Thank you *SO* much for those comments! I am smiling so big my cheeks hurt! I will be sure to tell the owner that I posted her necklace and you all loved it, she will like that! :)

Iona
09-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Does anyone know how to make a chain cube? I would love to make one if someone would share dirrections, I would really appreciate it. Iona