PDA

View Full Version : Rodeo picture finished

Dea
09-10-2004, 06:21 AM
Hi again,
I had an unexpected day off today so I got in and worked on this, I think it is finished (I hope!). What do you all think? I am quite happy with it now even if I was ready to tear it up there for awhile. Thank you for saving rodeo man from a horrible death.
Do I need to spray with fixative? It is on colourfix paper.
Thanks again for the help :)
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Sep-2004/40985-rodeo.JPG

karenlee
09-10-2004, 08:17 AM
Wow! He's really jumping out now! Good work!

DominicM
09-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Deanna,

Its wonderful, hope you are going to frame it and hang it on the wall

khourianya
09-10-2004, 10:11 AM
This has come a long way from the first version you posted of it...and it looks absolutely wonderful. Good work!

K Taylor-Green
09-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Very well done!

Dark_Shades
09-10-2004, 12:07 PM
well done indeed, the colours you've added really bring this out now

... believe there is no need to spray Artspectrum colourfix

Khadres
09-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Neat the way you've "dusted up" the background! Looks much better and really leaves the focus on the rider and horse. Good job!

Pinecone Conniff
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
No I would not spray this with a fixative! :eek: ...I love the way you handled the background!...Great action & excitement & flying dirt in the foreground!! :clap:
Glad you kept going on this painting...this certainly was a difficult perspective & position! Excellent job!! :cool:
Annette

Dea
09-11-2004, 02:10 AM
Thankyou for the compliments, yes I am going to frame it and hang it on the wall, it will be the first pastel I have done to get that honour :)

Arnold Lowrey
09-11-2004, 02:52 AM
First of a lovely painting - congrats.
Fixative should never, never be used unless it absolutely necessary, and certainly not on the top coat of pastels as it will darken and dull them.
Instead, give the paper a good rattle vertically to shake of any loose dust and then frame in with a double mount (matt) board. I usually tape it to the top of the matt only so that it hangs like a curtain. Sometimes I put a little packer in the bottom to keep it away frm the bottom edge. Any subseuent dust will fall through and not land on the bevel edge of the matt.
Hope this has helped. It is only the way I do it
Arnold

dexonsbabe
09-11-2004, 03:56 AM
This is lovely well done :clap: