PDA

View Full Version : Makeda

Redsy333
09-10-2004, 06:20 AM
Here is a bit of my playtime from yesterday...
Her name is Makeda (Ma-kee-da) which is Ethiopian for."the beautiful"!
Pastel
15x12 inches
I hope this image works..lol if not...bare with me;)
thanks for looking as always...
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Sep-2004/12381-wovenwrap_Small.jpg

Kathryn Wilson
09-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Redsey, if this is playtime, I can't imagine what you would come up with if you were really working at it. It's wonderful and it works for me, but I wouldn't expect anything less from you anyway - your portraits always speak to me. :clap:

ElfeUra
09-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Just incredible good!!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
6 claps of 5
that is overdone! :angel:

Rita

Please, do a WIP, wanna see, how you do those playing!!!

decoratorgirl
09-10-2004, 08:18 AM
WOW- unbelievable. This is gorgeous!!

meowmeow
09-10-2004, 09:00 AM
Amazing! I love how you handled the background. Her hair is incredible!
Play! Play! Play!

Sandy

Redsy333
09-10-2004, 09:04 AM
Kyle:D you are so kind , thank you for your thoughts;)

Rita;) thank you x 6 hehe...Ive been asked to do WIP before but I am lousy at explaining things..lol and I work very fast..sometimes too fast..and I have to slow myself down. If I can will take pics of next one;)

decoratorgirl:D Thank you heaps!!

Sandy:D Cheers, a huge thank you and I wondered if I needed to do more to background or not;)

Artistammy
09-10-2004, 09:21 AM
Magic!! :clap: :clap:

dragonlady
09-10-2004, 09:51 AM
Just beautiful, I love the way the background blends into her scarf. :clap: :clap:

MollyUnlimited
09-10-2004, 10:00 AM
YAHOO! This is fabulous!

I particularly love the way you hinted at the pattern in the fabric and the way the edge of the cloth draws the viewer into her face. Wonderful mood!

What type/color of paper did you use? Is this from a photo reference?

Have you thought about posting in the portrait forum? I'm sure they'd LOVE to see this!

Brava!

khourianya
09-10-2004, 10:04 AM
This is incredibly beautiful. Excellent work!

Redsy333
09-10-2004, 10:54 AM
Thanks Tammy;)

Dragonlady:D TY (cool name btw)

Molly:) Thanks, I generally always work on suede or artspectrum paper, this one is on suede:D The color you see is the actual color of the suede (beige brown)!!

khourianya:D:D:D Thank you

Terry Wynn
09-10-2004, 10:57 AM
This is a stunning portrait. :clap: :clap: I love the play of light across the fabric ... very well done.

Terry

Kathryn Day
09-10-2004, 11:12 AM
Beautiful portrait! Colors are enchanting.

CanOBeans
09-10-2004, 11:50 AM
Ahhh, gorgeous. I'm always so happy to see portrait work in pastels, can't get enough! Any chance you could post a closeup of her face?

Jill

Dark_Shades
09-10-2004, 12:38 PM
Hiya Redsy .....

this is a lovely image..... that shawl and its colours..... is exquiste... love it, along with the pronounciation of the name hee heee

.... sorry, I just feel the right eyelid is a tad small (viewers)

god.... I love that shawl ..... lolol

binkie
09-10-2004, 02:45 PM
I'd love to be able to "play" like you do! It is such striking!!!!!

gwen

Khadres
09-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Fabulous! I've already saved this to my Favorite WC Artists folder! I can certainly admire, even tho I can't DO! Beautifully done!

Pinecone Conniff
09-10-2004, 04:39 PM
This painting is truly beautiful!! Awesome work!...very inspiring! :clap:
Annette

Redsy333
09-10-2004, 09:09 PM
Terry,Katy,Jill,Gwen,Annette...I thank you with much appreciation, I am honored by your words...;)

DS you smirkin brat..lmao you are not sorry in the least on that eye comment:P lol As if ...:D And noooo you cant have her shawl or her eyelid..lol thanks kiddo!

Khadres:D the feeling is mutual, I am a big fan of your work..thank you for your wonderful compliments!!

t-sue
09-10-2004, 09:21 PM
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!! PLEASE do a wip!!!! Especially for us newbies who want to learn to work at playing like you do!!!! This is so extremely well done... so very beautiful and so very soulful!

Arnold Lowrey
09-11-2004, 01:51 AM
You are a natural for both portraits and pastels. This has emotion which is what it is all about.
A portait pastellist in UK is worth looking up. He is too old to bother with websites but you wil see some of work through google - put his name in and click images at the top the page before entering
He also exhibits in the Linda Blackstone gallery
His name is Ken Paine
Arnold

Redsy333
09-11-2004, 06:50 AM
Thank you Sue:D You are far too kind, but I will try , but do not hold your breath..lol! For me painting is something that just happens, I have no ryhmn or reason...so to explain it takes some doing.lol Mind you, I consider myself still learning, so to teach or explain...lol well thats a challenge!

Arnold;) Thank you for your compliment and your lead, I did find the gentleman you speak of, excellent work, full of passion. Here is that link I followed....
http://www.jackbeck.co.uk/course03_portrait_painting.htm

thanks again for all!!