PDA

View Full Version : Fire Storm - Arnold Lowrey

Arnold Lowrey
09-10-2004, 04:55 AM
This is a soft pastel on canson mi Tientes paper (grey) full sheet
The subject is imaginary and concerned with colour so I deliberately eliminated any whites to achieve this effect.
Hope you like it
Arnold

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Sep-2004/47691-Fire_storm_copy.jpg

ElfeUra
09-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Arnold,
this painting is amazing - you captured the fire storm real well!
The colors are GREAT!

Rita

MollyUnlimited
09-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Oh Arnold!

You have SOME imagination! I'm glad it isn't a depiction of a real fire, my heart skipped a beat when I thought of people and critters who might be in the way of that terrible beauty. This painting evokes a very strong reaction and I feel like the proverbial moth drawn to the flame. The colors are spectacular and I am particularly moved by the suggestion that behind this firestorm is a perfectly radient crystal blue sky. WOW!

Glad we can't smell it . . . ;)

meowmeow
09-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Gorgeous colors! IT is just so lovely...kind of scary to think what it represents though!

SAndy

khourianya
09-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Glad to see you back at the pastels again, Arnold. I've been thinking about you a lot since your heart attack and have been following your watercolour work over on that forum just waiting for the day you came back to us over here!

This piece is stunning and definitely evokes a very strong reaction, as MollyUnlimited said. I love the colours and the emotion that fill this piece.

Arnold Lowrey
09-10-2004, 11:24 AM
Glad to see you back at the pastels again, Arnold. I've been thinking about you a lot since your heart attack and have been following your watercolour work over on that forum just waiting for the day you came back to us over here!

This piece is stunning and definitely evokes a very strong reaction, as MollyUnlimited said. I love the colours and the emotion that fill this piece.
Hi Cori,
I have settled down a bit now and awaiting the angigram - it takes 4 - 6 weeks waiting in UK
- dreadful!
However, although I have had to cancell all my courses till the end of the year, I have been given the OK to so my beloved weekly class. You couldn't buy the peple who come to me very week. it is a labour of love.
Thank all for your kind comments. i am most honoured.
Arnold
p.s. i guess I must have posted about 40paintings over the last couple of months in watercolour, pastels ,oils and acrylics. and in marine, still life and portaits.
Perhaps that is why I was ill - Ha!
You can find them in the search for my name

CanOBeans
09-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I gasped out loud! Gorgeous use of color and space! Sorry to hear you've been ill, but darn glad you made it back to pastels. :)

Dark_Shades
09-10-2004, 11:58 AM
Glorious blaze of colour...... wonderful...... and to hear you are making a good recovery

Arnold Lowrey
09-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Glorious blaze of colour...... wonderful...... and to hear you are making a good recovery
Many thanks for your kind words
Arnold

binkie
09-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Arnold, living in southern California as I do with all the terrible fires we have, I have to say your painting is unsettling. But it is also magnificent!

gwen

Dyin
09-10-2004, 03:04 PM
perfect...emotion through color. Glad to hear you are recovering :)

Arnold Lowrey
09-11-2004, 01:20 AM
perfect...emotion through color. Glad to hear you are recovering :)
Thank you for your concern about my health
Arnold