PDA

View Full Version : Waterfall

SweetBabyJ
09-09-2004, 09:34 PM
From a photo by ElGeeko, "Peaceful Waters, Colorado"

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/9169-ColoH2OFall2foregrgoundex.jpg

Right side rock is ticking me off- supposed to be one very large rock there with one in front- it keeps trying to be three smaller ones, because of the hue-shifts due to the rock's composition. Have to make it all plain limestone-y stuff without the mineral deposits and lichen. (Also posted to DeeArtist's ESP thread)

prestonsega
09-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Now this I like a lot,,your back into your orange/ blue complimentary element. I would like to see you use your liscence and make some of the the rock surfaces wet and reflective. In an active fall such as this that would not be out of place,,,,just a sugggestion. NICE! :clap:

ps..glad to see the asymetry working so well to produce a balanced composition.

SweetBabyJ
09-09-2004, 10:44 PM
Blue and orange complements, eh? Must be kinda like purple and peach...?

I tried making 'em look wet- they just looked splotchy. I'll wait till tomorrow when my hands aren't so tired and add a few more strokes. Thanks, Preston.

khourianya
09-09-2004, 11:17 PM
Simply beautiful!

Mikki Petersen
09-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Julie, I really like the style you are developing here...can't name it but it is very streaight-forward and clean, also unique from your style with other subjects. As for the right hand rock...remember you do not have to copy the reference. If it wants to be three rocks, either give in, or, better yet, remove the little ledge that keeps wanting to become another rock.

I love this one!

SweetBabyJ
09-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Thanks, Cori- I'm okay pleased with it- for a landscape... lol

I know Mikki- after I posted, I snuck up on it and looked at it sidelong and said "Oh- so just do that!" and fixed it into one without too much angst. Can't be three or there'd be a ping-pong thing going on between the two columns of rock- turned out to be just a matter of redefining the cut edges to better shapes.

khourianya
09-10-2004, 12:12 AM
Thanks, Cori- I'm okay pleased with it- for a landscape... lol

Lol..I am just waiting for the day you actually announce that you LOVE one of your landscapes.

I'd love to see an update of this, if you have a moment sometime to post one!

SweetBabyJ
09-10-2004, 12:55 AM
I'll try to get one tomorrow when I set up still lifes and get ref pics- it's not much different, really, just "fixed". I like 'em okay, Cori, I'm just never stunned by 'em yet- it'll come, though.

Tomorrow is ref pics, clean house again, and take a long, long bath. I'm a hedonist that way. Bring on the Calgon!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: