PDA

View Full Version : Thursday Evening Sept 9 S&T

quill
09-09-2004, 08:40 PM
Wanted to share my first beads made with the Raku frit. (Actually with the powder.)

I am finding it really hard to get the colors to show. Does anyone have tips? (I took this photo in full sun.)

Oh.. I used Spectrum by the way.

MegannsMom
09-09-2004, 08:57 PM
Well, HI!! Soon you will have some #2 frit to play with.... :D ! As for tips, Shawn and many others had some great tips....unfortunately, they didn't work for me! I have convinced myself that I need something made out of BRASS to get the job done. (thats so I won't feel so bad, lol!) Good luck with it....I'm sure that you will have spectacular beads, as you are already getting more color than I ever could! So, I'm frit challenged....
~Cindy

Helen Simon
09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Well, Quilly-girl, they look gorgeous to me, and like real raku pottery, so I'd say you certainly succeeded!! Love, Helen

GinaJ
09-09-2004, 09:54 PM
I think they look great! Plenty of color. :clap:

quill
09-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks all!
Actually, I was having a problem getting the colors to show in pictures., I should be a little more clear on what I am talking about, sorry.

Does anyone have tips on photographing beads made with this frit?

ms-priss
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
I yike 'em!!! :clap: :clap:

Foofaraw
09-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Oh yummy!!!! Try a darker backround maybe.

xoticbead
09-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Something that came out of the kiln on Tuesday, Just now getting around to getting the bead gunk out of them and scanned. Moretti Avacodo ( sp??) "old" coral ( it;s about 5 years old now) and Silvered Ivory on an Ivory base. I never make focals this large but for some reason two of may sets that day had "huge" focals

mackro
09-11-2004, 01:33 AM
Quil,

I love your beads. I could make one suggestion. Try putting a white translucent material between the beads and the sun. It will diffuse the light and may help to improve the colors.

Hope it helps,
Mack

CorriDawn
09-11-2004, 03:42 AM
Wow! I love the look of the powdered frit!