PDA

View Full Version : 'Mom the Muse' needs your suggestions

chroma
09-09-2004, 09:13 AM
Hey, y'all take a look at one of my daughter's first e-bay attempts. I'm the 'Mom' who is the Muse~! Any comments or suggestions on the page layout? I think her BIN amount is way too low. . . do you agree? Please let me know!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34050&item=4924758264

We will appreciate your input. . .Thanks!
bj

GinaJ
09-09-2004, 11:01 AM
Hmmmm... the pictures aren't coming up for me?

Virginia L.
09-09-2004, 11:14 AM
hmmmmmmmmm, no pics here either, sorry

rosiescreations
09-09-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi,
I got the pics.
Very nice bracelet.
The logo is not showing for me, or what ever it is at the top with the sparkles.
I think the beautiful bracelet fights with the star fish, as in it is distracting.
Nice job.

blochow2001
09-09-2004, 12:06 PM
The piece is nice. I don't agree tho'-the BIN is a decent value for the item in my humble opinion. I can't remember who said it first, but they were right...the starfish has to go. :clap:

sharonL
09-09-2004, 12:48 PM
I think the beads and the bracelet are really very nicely done. I do agree though that they fight with the starfish. I really had to look hard to make out each bead.

Good luck to her though!!!

chroma
09-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Thanks for your comments! I found out she raised the BIN# from $45.00 to whatever it is now. Sorry - I didn't know that when I first posted. Is $45.00 too low?

Everything is coming up for me so I don't know what could be the problems with the pictures and other stuff.

Thank you!
bj

!Karen
09-09-2004, 02:42 PM
No pictures for me either, except the gallery shot and the very bottom one.

Whatever is in the template design is not showing up on IE for me.

Very pretty piece, and I would stick with the current BIN price.

PatNewMex
09-09-2004, 02:51 PM
No pics show up. I am a graphic artsit and have 16 years experience. Here is my suggestion. Only use upper case letters where they belong. They seem to be sprinkled about with no rhyme or reason.

Because the size of the capital letters are so much larger than the lower case letters, it is distracting to see so many caps stuck in. The font is nice, just watch use of upper case letters. I also find it hard to read centered text. Just my two cents.

Would love to see it with pics in tact!

Pat

MegannsMom
09-09-2004, 03:22 PM
Can't see the pics here either, except the gallery...
~Cindy

Orca
09-09-2004, 03:35 PM
Problems in both auctions listed, no pictures, although the logo is visible in one.

(Gallery pix are there)

Geneva
09-09-2004, 05:36 PM
No Pics for me either. The beads and wirework are beautiful. But it is hard to see on the starfish.
Geneva

Becky Mason
09-10-2004, 11:26 PM
BJ,

I agree with several of the previous observations. The focus of the auction needs to be the gorgeous bracelet, so next time leave out the starfish. A simple white or light colored background will bring focus to the bracelet. Also, the font was distracting to me with upper case letters where they don't belong and text too large and busy.

The bracelet is gorgeous and I think the BIN price of $59 seems fair. However, I can tell you that my experience with selling finished jewelry on eBay has been lousy; while at private shows I do GREAT with my jewelry. On eBay I can sell a strand of beads for more than they would sell for in finished jewelry. Can't figure that one out.

Tell your daughter that she has some real talent and a great eye for composition and texture.

Becky

!Karen
09-10-2004, 11:36 PM
Great! The pics are up and working for me anyhow!

If I was still working I would own that green starfish necklace! Really unique!

Elena
09-11-2004, 12:02 AM
I too agree with all above! My only comment is the bracelet being 9 1/2 inches is really large. I seem to average around 7 1/2 inches! Just my thoughts..
The work is really beautiful!

littlecrow1
09-11-2004, 12:09 PM
That is a beautiful bracelet! :clap:

I agree with the others.... simple background would be better..its taking away from her work. maybe keep the starfish picture but dont use it as your *feature* pic...make the largest one a plain white background to really show off her gorgeous work! I have found this to work best for me.

Tell you daughter to keep up the good work! Shes very talented! :)

Jinx.Garza
09-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Cool bracelet. :D

I like the layout, the black background, and the sparkly logo.

I'm not a fan of the starfish in these pix. At first, I thought it was someone's pitifully wart-riddled hand.

And speaking of hands, I'd love to see at least one shot of the bracelet on a wrist. I'd also like to see close-up shots of the lampworked beads.

And I completely agree with PatNewMex:
Only use upper case letters where they belong. They seem to be sprinkled about with no rhyme or reason.

Good luck,

Jinx

Edited to add that I checked her other auctions and noticed that all the pictures need sharpening.