PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At ~ Thursday 9.9.04

MadameKali
09-09-2004, 09:05 AM
I'm going to take a risk and start the WIA thread, even though someone else could already be typing as I type!

Today, I get to start moving. YAY! The apartment looks slightly less impressive when the sun is not shining--but the clencher for me is that I don't need artificial lights even when it's gloomy, whereas in our basement apartment, I do! This whole apartment is full of light. My roomie was a gloomy gus today and just kept complaining about stuff--no screens in the windows (we have cats), weirdo space by the toilet that you have to squeeze by to use it, etc etc, whatever--I am happy as a lark, looking on the upswing of things. For the first time, I can get the computer OUT of my room and into its own lil office.

I have no jewelry plans on the horizon, but maybe I can squeeze in some beach glass earrings tonight. What's everyone else up to?

Edit: Wow, I wasn't entirely sure it would post--I got that "servers busy" thing!

McDuck
09-09-2004, 09:26 AM
:wave: Morning Susie, dont you hate the busy server thingy? Hope your moving goes well and without a flaw and that you enjoy the SUN! :D

:wave: :wave: :wave: to all who follow too

I am up,sinus headache, *ack* but havent had one for a while so i will suffer through it. already took my meds just waiting it out. Today is my Dan's bday, his Mom and Dad are in town and they are coming around 1-2 today :( to take him to dinner, well I will go too but 1-2??? geesh we have a lot to do today without the rest of our day going in the toilet. I have to clean greenware and ready it to fire so i can glaze tomorow night. Round two of our garage sale at my Mom's this time. Then maybe i can make some jewelry whilst sitting at it. Luckily I dont have to be there friday much as I am sitting there sat. myself.

Hope you all have a great day today and Barrie congrats on the customer loving her pearl!

-mary

SuzyQ
09-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Susie, I know what you are talking about. Isn't it amazing what real light can do for the soul? Enjoy!

Mary I hope that sinus headache clears up and you can enjoy your day.

I'm getting use to such a long stretch of time to do things..... it is wierd to eat lunch alone. It is so quiet and I don't even get up?!

Anyone else watching the DIY channel for jewelry making today? Thanks for the link Lori. I just may become a daytime tv watcher now that I am a big kids Mommy :)

Barrie
09-09-2004, 11:47 AM
Good morning sunshines!! It's a beautiful rainy day here. The sun might peak out later, but who cares! Susie, I hear you on the sunshine thing. So much easier to see the bright side of life in a bright home. Mary, hope the sinus headache is very temporary. (Gorgeous beadies in the S&T btw!) Have fun at the garage sale! Suzy, enjoy that quiet time! It's hard to get used to though, maybe that's why I have so many pets! :evil: (never a quiet moment here! LOL!)
Today I'm working on more custom stuff. Sigh! Good stuff though, so I won't complain. My Mom called last night, she's home from hospital, no oxygen yet. They don't want to start that prematurely. She's as happy as a clam, her first treatment went fine, she'll be a bit nauseous today, then back to normal tomorrow (can you tell we've done this before?). Oh, and my show partner goes in for her mastectomy today, I'll know in a few days how she's doing.
Everyone have a great day, enjoy yourselves, and make something creative!! I'm off ot the bench to get the day started!!! :clap:

LLane
09-09-2004, 12:04 PM
WOW.. lots going on today ..... moves, headaches, treatments, etc etc. We are all very present and engaged in the business of living aren't we!!! Please everyone take time to smile during your move or headache etc..... it really does do a body good!!! (I have this smile therapy thing... I take time and smile at myself in the mirror.... besides feeling goofy at first.... I usually feel better afterwards!!):D (ok.... now you can go laugh at me .... but it's ok cause you will feel better!!! :D)

Waiting to hear from the vet as to T-bone's condition... anxious to hear as I have a show this weekend and will need to be away from her quite a bit.. and have to determine if I need to get someone to stay here or just check in... etc. What I really need to be doing is get back in the studio and put some more jewelry together. I need to string up some fan pulls and do some additional earrings ..... etc etc etc.!!! I never feel like I have the right stuff!

Have a great day all.....
Peace,
Lois ..... who is also trying not to watch the hurricane channel every 3 minutes!!! :eek:

Barrie
09-09-2004, 12:38 PM
Quick side bar! Mary are these your beads?

McDuck
09-09-2004, 12:47 PM
Quick side bar! Mary are these your beads?

Nope Barrie but they resemble mine LOL I htink they belong to Marsha Neal!

-Mary

TheBlueBetween
09-09-2004, 12:56 PM
Hi everyone! just a quick hello - I have so much to do and actually have energy to do (some of) it - but don't know where to start - the list is just tooooo long!

I had a fun day yesterday going to see an energy intuitive I guess you could call her - she balanced my chakras and "read" my energies... one of the things she said was that I need to raise my prices and get my work out in the world where people can see it and they will just buy it all up - that I'll be able to make a good living doing what I'm doing (!) everyone else has been saying that to me already so it's nothing new really... and I still have to figure out how to "get it out into the world". At least I feel good again - even went for a walk this morning - dogs were happy :)

I'm sure I'll check back in later - hope everyone has a nice day :)
Pam

MadameKali
09-09-2004, 01:32 PM
Lois, your smile therapy sounds wonderful. I am actually having a good day scrubbing down our new apartment--it's very peaceful. I tackled the kitchen first, so the worst of it will be all done as soon as I get the bathrooms taken care of. Then I just need to vacuum and sweep. (At the moment, I am taking a well-deserved mini-break. :D )

Pam, I think everyone is right---your work is stunning, and moreover, it is very "Pam." You have your own style and it seeps out of every piece you do. I hope you figure it out--but more likely, it'll hit you over the head out of nowhere, lol.

Barrie
09-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Nope Barrie but they resemble mine LOL I htink they belong to Marsha Neal!

-Mary

Thanks, just curious. I love your new stuff more than these style - fyi (like my opinion counts! ROFL!). Yummy links and shells - yummmmmmmmmmmmm!!

Pam - as the saying goes, just do it!!! The hardest thing in the world is walking through the front door of a store/gallery/boutique and presenting your stuff. But you just hvae to suck it up and go for it! Your stuff is fabulous, and you should be getting it out there! (I know you've heard it ll before! LOL!)

Susie - when you're done cleaning your new apartment, you want to come do my studio? It's in sad and sorry shape! LOL! Guess not, huh? Oh well, enjoy that new space!!!

Okay, decided to work on my website, and an article on displays and shows instead of custom work! It's still procrastination, but at least it's productive procrastination!! :clap:

Andee
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
Hi everybody!

Susie - congrats on your new appartment!

Mary - hope you'll soon feel better, sinus headaches are mean! And have fun with your garage sale!

Pam - your energy intuitive is totally right concerning your jewelry! And I'm sure you'll find a way to get it out into the world! :)

I'm beat! I went on a short trip today, spent 4 hours on the train and countless more sightseeing, found four shops selling beads and buttons and spent way too much money! Now I glare at my treasures, have my head full of ideas - but it's just TOO much, if you know what I mean! ;)

Have a lovely day, y'all! :wave:

TheBlueBetween
09-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Thank you everyone for the encouragement :) I've spent the day uploading my newest work and pricing (yuck). So now for a little marketing effort and see where it takes me... still looking into shows and thinking about what stores might like to cary my stuff.... ! I know it will work out if I want it to - there hasn't been a thing in my life that I havent been able to make happen if I didn't try hard enough (of course there are those little detours that just make you cringe when they are happening, but after you can see why it had to go that way). I just need a plan :D

Hope you are all having productive days too!

Pam

Beads-Me!
09-09-2004, 07:07 PM
Hi everyone - an early evening :wave: to all! Talked to the guy fixing my computer and he thinks it will be ready tomorrow! :D Pam - go woman! What an interesting thing to do. I've never heard of such a thing! Enjoy your new apartment Suzie! Barrie - how are plans going for your bead show? Ours is one month from today!! YIKES! So many things to think about! Hi Duckie - see you then! Lois - I'm doing the go away Ivan dance as fast as I can... Also thinking good thoughts for T-Bone... Have fun with your treasures Andee! Did I miss anyone - I hope not!

I'm off to make a few beads - have a great evening!

Tutti-frutti
09-10-2004, 12:45 AM
Hallo again. Thanks for the welcome . Danke! :clap:
Tonight I received my Burgard Pendant/Pinbead holders. in silver. I got them in the swapshop. Of course now I haave to make bigger beads to hang them from. I expect alot from the interchangable for myself. Making jewellery with my beads is not for me. My nimble fingers are not so nimble anymore. :( I tried to put some earrings with silverwire together but put it away for now. :mad: Have a good night all . Gruesse aus Port Orchard :wave: Andee
Katja