PDA

View Full Version : Cranes at a watery dusk

Bioartist
09-09-2004, 08:42 AM
Hi all, been a very long time since I have posted any works. Mostly due to not having the courage to paint (just in case it doesn't work :( ) and because I am just a bit too lazy :o .

Anyway here is a very little quicky - an attempt to get me back into the painting mode again.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/43543-Cranes_at_a_Watery_Dusk.jpg

It is acrylic on gessoed watercolour paper, 21x29 cm

I am going to do this again, but this time try using layers to achieve the mist, instead at all at once (in a bit of a hurry this time round :rolleyes: ).

Any and all comments and critques welcomed and very much appreciated.

Stacey

piper2
09-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I, for one, like the unified palette. Doesn't matter if it's a quickie . . . it's a nice, introverted mood piece.

mooz49
09-09-2004, 09:19 AM
I love your colours in this piece ....... isn't it strange how a quickie can quite often turn out so well. I hope you have the courage to keep on painting.

Bioartist
09-09-2004, 09:52 AM
I, for one, like the unified palette. Doesn't matter if it's a quickie . . . it's a nice, introverted mood piece.

Thankyou piper2, actually the palette was based on titanium's suggestion (from oil forum), of white, black, red and yellow oxides.

I love your colours in this piece ....... isn't it strange how a quickie can quite often turn out so well. I hope you have the courage to keep on painting.

Thankyou mooz49, and yes I am going to paint again - actually today I went back to a canvas that has been sitting around for a few months with only the underpainting done and almost finished it (despite the fact the composition's out a bit :rolleyes: ), anyway I can't give up yet - I havn't used the paints up :evil:

Stacey

sassybird
09-09-2004, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't change anything about this. You captured an early dusk with the mist rising from the water beautifully. The color is great.

ExpressiveAngie
09-09-2004, 07:16 PM
I agree with the others, I like this. Go ahead and try another if that is what you want, a series of them could only be a good thing.

HRH Goldie
09-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Your painting evokes a peaceful quiet solitude of dusk save for the sounds of the birds.
Lovely and atmospheric :clap: Glad to see you back with us and I hope this has wetted your appetite to do lots more.

Christine

Bioartist
09-12-2004, 02:33 AM
I wouldn't change anything about this. You captured an early dusk with the mist rising from the water beautifully. The color is great.

thankyou for your kind words ( a VERY big help :D ).

I agree with the others, I like this. Go ahead and try another if that is what you want, a series of them could only be a good thing.

Again, thankyou for your kind words - the only reason that I wish to try again is to see if glazing will make the haze look more "real" (or more a part of the overall piece). Anyway, maybe a series could get me moving forward again :D :wink2: .

Your painting evokes a peaceful quiet solitude of dusk save for the sounds of the birds.
Lovely and atmospheric :clap: Glad to see you back with us and I hope this has wetted your appetite to do lots more. Christine

Thankyou so much, I am glad that you liked it and thanks for the kind words.

Oh and YES it has wetted the appetite (quite a bit actually :p :evil: ). But until a get the film developed (don't own a digital yet :o :rolleyes: ), I can show my lastest efforts - but lets just say -- I have a LONg way to go! (king of a good thing actually, as this makes me determined to get better! :D

Thankyou everybody for your great support and encouragement (can a bottle everybody, and open when feeling down :p :D ).

Stacey

Vicki_Oz
09-12-2004, 02:46 AM
I really like this......its got a kind of understated drama to it.....if that makes sense.

I understand the feelings you have about 'fear of failure' .....that kept me doing only what I was comfortable with for a very long time.....but I'm out there now!.....go for it I say...and don't let procrastination take over! :clap:

Just one comment about the mist......I doubt I could paint mist on paper... have you tried canvas?

Kind regards
Vicki

Eileenjm
09-12-2004, 02:47 AM
For a quicky painting this is lovely, hurry and do some more. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eileen

Bioartist
09-12-2004, 07:48 AM
Just one comment about the mist... have you tried canvas? Kind regards Vicki

Actually no, I havn't, but I might now that you have made the suggestion, maybe that's why it didn't turn out quite right. :rolleyes:
Thankyou all for your comments,
Stacey