PDA

View Full Version : S&T Thursday - 9 September

Jacinthe
09-09-2004, 03:50 AM
Well I showed you all the necklace before it was completed, but here it is, just finished putting it together this morning, and will deliver it to Margriet this afternoon.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/20424-margriet_sm.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

swamperfolk
09-09-2004, 06:44 AM
Oh Sarah, VERY professional. She will love it.

dogmaw
09-09-2004, 08:09 AM
Sarah, how super! How long did the beading take?

Jo

GardensOnGlass
09-09-2004, 08:44 AM
Beautiful, Sarah! I'm presuming you made the barrel shaped flower beads too?

carebear
09-09-2004, 09:17 AM
fantastic Sarah! I love the gorgeous blue color...

For me, just finished a bracelet..I apologise for the horrid picture, but until I get my camera back from my son, I'm stuck with putting things on the scanner..

carrie

MadameKali
09-09-2004, 09:20 AM
Sarah, I am super impressed! How long is the necklace? it looks longer than 18" or so, but then, you can never tell by the pictures.

Carebear, that looks like a pretty bracelet, if a bit blurry ;)

Edit: Carrie, have you tried putting a piece of white or grey paper "behind" your piece and then messing with your settings to get the best scan possible? Usually the scan quality will default to a mid-range.

McDuck
09-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Sarah, it is wonderful! I know your friend will so enjoy wearing.

Carrie a little blurry yes, but pretty from what i can see. And squinting does not help the matter LOL i tried :rolleyes:

As for me, nothing finished just beads. A set of lt green and ltgreen/green sea urchins with a lustrer MOP finish. then a flower setting that I posted on Justbeads last night. hope they sell. A small flower with accent beads and MOP on all in light and dark teal.

-Mary

Jacinthe
09-09-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh Sarah, VERY professional. She will love it.

She does! She is going to wear it this weekend at the Glass Fair in Leerdam, where she will be selling some of my beads.

Sarah, how super! How long did the beading take?

The beadweaving took a little over 4 hours in total, 2 and a little one evening and 2 and a little to finish it. Thank you!

Beautiful, Sarah! I'm presuming you made the barrel shaped flower beads too?

Yes I made the barrel, the directions called for ceramic beads, but I knew I could make them. :) Thank you!

fantastic Sarah! I love the gorgeous blue color...

Thank you, I love the brightness of the blue as well. And the peach and purples that are in the spiral work perfectly together.

Sarah, I am super impressed! How long is the necklace? it looks longer than 18" or so, but then, you can never tell by the pictures.

Yes its longer than 18 inches, I think its prolly close to 20-25. I forgot to measure it.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone! It makes me smile and makes my day brighter!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

toozygoot
09-09-2004, 10:32 AM
Sarah - that is a beautiful necklace! Your friend is going to get lots of compliments on it I'm sure!

Carrie - a really sweet bracelet! I love the bead and loop closure you used!

Mary - I love the urchins in green and the flower set is gorgeous! I saw you got a bid on it!

I have been a real slug lately and haven't made any jewelry pieces. I need someone nearby to play with I think!

pat

McDuck
09-09-2004, 10:44 AM
Mary - I love the urchins in green and the flower set is gorgeous! I saw you got a bid on it!

I have been a real slug lately and haven't made any jewelry pieces. I need someone nearby to play with I think!

pat

you are kidding me Pat? really? guess I should go looksy! woohoo!

Come play with me Pat, I miss you!!!!

-Mary

Oskadis
09-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Beautiful jewelry all :)

Sarah, I already commented on that necklace - it's just bombastic... and so *blue* :wink2:

Carebear it looks nice - but it would indeed look better if less blurred :)

Mary ... what shall I say: gorgeous :) Love the green ones best.

Here again a choker ... but this time it is chains and not textile :evil:
Actually it is shaped after the traditional chain chokers of Bavaria. With the upcoming main popular event there I wonder how my little preciousss will do ;)

All vintage materials. Silverplate and gunplate with 4 sweet little peridot AB Swarovskis in the centerpiece corners.

Have a nice day!

TheBlueBetween
09-09-2004, 11:46 AM
Ooooh Mary.... you just got another bid on that flower and beads set :D

Sarah - great necklace!!! She is going to love it :)

Carrie - I though the bracelet went with Sarah's necklace! No advice for scanning in pictures - not sure why it's so blury?

Karen - your piece is GREAT! looks like something my grandmother might have owned.

Nothing from me today - not yet anyway...

McDuck
09-09-2004, 12:39 PM
karen- that is very nice! i just love how you use the vintage materials!

and thank you guys!

-Mary

McDuck
09-09-2004, 12:53 PM
Ooooh Mary.... you just got another bid on that flower and beads set :D

Nothing from me today - not yet anyway...

Hmmm..i think i might know who that last bidder is! lol no wonder the ear2eartoothygrin! Wait till you see the pink set! and thank you!!!

-mary

MadameKali
09-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Pink set?? oooh.

McDuck
09-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Pink set?? oooh.

yes very similar to the teal set, but light pink and MOP, just having a devil of a time getting it to photo!

Andee
09-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Sarah - that necklace is stunning, I'm sure Margriet will love it!

Carrie - lovely bracelet!

Mary - the sea urchins are great, but the flower set just does it work me! Beautiful!!!

Karen - I don't usually like Edelweiß, but your choker is gorgeous!

Nothing from me today, I was too busy buying beads and stuff! ;)

somk
09-09-2004, 03:13 PM
Sarah> I dig the elegance and the bead work. The barrel beads are great too !
Mary> I will have to buy some of your urchin beads, they are so playful !

Karen > ARGH ! I love that ! Old style with a "marcasite" feeling, much love ! :clap:

Nothing really new, I'm trying to finish the new enamel for the ladybug challenge. I also cast 2 gold necklaces for the Cthulhu collection, to match those scrumptious opals (first one is a Boulder 21mm round and the second one is a 15mm Satin Flash opal - my absolute love)

~So

dogmaw
09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
I love the one with the boulder opal!!! Here is my contribution o' the day. Lampwork beads (mine), bali silver, and seed beads.

Jo

tamisgem
09-09-2004, 06:10 PM
Ok Can I say that I want the ALL?? I love all the pieces shown! The opals are ones that would have to be sent here first though, opals are one of my faves! I am still working on "That Darn Necklace" for my sister in laws wedding. Thanks to all the help here though I think I may be finished tonight! Talk about pressure!

Here is a couple of sets my hubby made! He has been dubbed "Big Glass Daddy" by a super special friend of ours. ;) Thanks Sassy Glass Mama!

swamperfolk
09-09-2004, 06:35 PM
The first beads ar my attempt at Donna Felkner's technique. I love it. When I was done I crushed up the EDP/turq twistie into frit and applied it over avocado dotted with opal yellow......ersatz Raku....can't wait to get the real thing.

TheBlueBetween
09-09-2004, 06:37 PM
wow So! Very impressive! I really like the first one - it looks like the (creature? sorry I'm not aware of these things) is holding the earth - that stone is gorgeous and you did such great work with the casting!

Beautiful lampwork jewelry too Jo and tamisgem :)

TheBlueBetween
09-09-2004, 06:40 PM
oh you snuck in on me Linda! Beautiful beads! I love that color combination she came up with - and your second set it nice too - soft but colorful!

Beads-Me!
09-09-2004, 07:14 PM
Very nice everyone!! Linda - love the color combinations.. I just may have to head out to the studio and try them! ;)

carebear
09-09-2004, 07:50 PM
playing with the scanner settings..lol..still not looking good...
it's amazing all the work everyone has done today...great great job!

carrie

framerak
09-09-2004, 08:12 PM
Gorgeous work everyone! I haven't been able to get back to my beads; framing pictures for a customer that has to have them tomorrow. Lots of ideas floating around though!

Does anyone have a link for a good tutorial on the spiral technique? I'm anxious to try it.

Back to the matcutter~
Angela

TheBlueBetween
09-09-2004, 09:26 PM
Does anyone have a link for a good tutorial on the spiral technique? I'm anxious to try it.

Angela

See if this one works for you:

http://rogue.northwest.com/~ahawley/spiralrope.htm

:) Pam

dogmaw
09-09-2004, 09:52 PM
See if this one works for you:

http://rogue.northwest.com/~ahawley/spiralrope.htm

:) Pam

Thanks for the link, I have been wanting to try that!

Jo

McDuck
09-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Somk - I just love your work one day maybe i too can lost wax cast. did you lap the opals too? just beautiful!

Jo- very pretty ! i love the beads!

Linda. that second set just rocks for me! :clap:

Sassy Glass Momma, your big glass daddy did GREAT ! i love it!

-mary

framerak
09-10-2004, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the link to the spiral rope tutorial. I hate to appear dumb as the proverbial rock but Sarah's necklace is really "loopy" but the tutorials don't produce such a loose spiral. Am I missing something (well, duh! I'm obviously missing something :rolleyes: ).

Confused in Oregon,
Angela

Jacinthe
09-10-2004, 05:08 AM
OKi, you all wanted the address for the pattern I used. Its a free pattern, and since I got it from Retta, I don't mind sharing! :)

http://beadwork.about.com/library/weekly/aa021698.htm

There are tons of other patterns there.

Have fun!

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

framerak
09-10-2004, 05:41 AM
Thanks so much for the link Sarah! Looks like I'll be going to my LBS later today for a few hanks so I can try my hand at this technique. I don't know whether to blame you for posting such a beautiful necklace that's going to make me spend money, or thank you for it! :wink2:

Thanks again,
Angela

Lori-O
09-10-2004, 06:08 AM
Angela

I've been meaning to ask about that same thing for weeks!

Thanks Angela and Pam!

swamperfolk
09-10-2004, 06:39 AM
Very nice everyone!! Linda - love the color combinations.. I just may have to head out to the studio and try them! ;)

Thanks, Nancy. That means so much to have you want to try it. I love the way the turq make the avocado split up