PDA

View Full Version : Thursday 9/9 Show 'em how it's done!!! S&T

Foofaraw
09-08-2004, 11:59 PM
The show and tell is always such an inspiration, I can't wait to see what goodies will be shared today!!!!!!

These are rubino oro with chocolate brown, squeezed beads!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/19877-Chocolate-Covered-Raspberri.jpg

Juls
09-09-2004, 12:04 AM
OOOH JENN! Those are EDIBLE!!! :clap:

~Juls

Zooziis
09-09-2004, 12:20 AM
Wow Jenn! I love the color combo. I'm big on brown with brights. It's very cool. So is "brown the new black" this season?

I'm so glad to be on the torch again! 9 weeks off makes it hard to get back in the swing. I did a little enamel painting on the right set and the left set is my testing of the new ZooziiCube Duo...more info on my forum.

kybeadmaker
09-09-2004, 01:34 AM
Ohh Jenn..your beads are beautiful..and Amy yours have an oriental flair. I like it !!!
I'm still mashing beads into a variety of shapes. Yesterday was pillows, today is pill shaped.
Harriet

Josie
09-09-2004, 02:32 AM
Here's my contribution for the day. Silver violet (I LOVE this color!) with experiments of raku frit.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/13004-MVC-002F.JPG

Tracey

Turtlebeader
09-09-2004, 02:33 AM
Hi everyone - stunning beads so far today - yummylicious!

And here's my little offering for the day - a custom order in black and white: one very large clear hollow, decorated with raised white scrollwork with a pair of tiny matching beads for earrings...

saucy
09-09-2004, 02:44 AM
Another beautiful round of beads today. Jenn - Wow! I just love that color and you make it pop!

Here is a little set I made yesterday. It's opal yellow, light blue, rootbeer, and mica powder.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/26398-Tropicana.jpg

Virginia L.
09-09-2004, 03:16 AM
Nice work so far tonight :D
Jenn, those are sooooooooo pretty - I just bought some of that glass - I hope I can get that beautiful color out of it
Amy - LOVE the new shapes, the enamel painting on those beads is very classy
oooooooooooo, Harriet - I always love what you do, these are even neater, if that is possible
Tracy - what a great combo, the new violets with the raku - really wonderful
Ania - how beautiful - very crisp and pretty
Saucy - great color combo, I am really drawn to that mica powder, I should try some more of that
I am in a star rut, and might not get out, cause I am having a good time - they seem to have gone to another level - the first one is some of the new purples and then aqua's and blues, and the little one is yellows and purples and blue - then a dichro tab bead with pure silver on it - have to work on that silver application I see - but it is kind pretty anyway - hope your day goes well - God Bless - Virginia L.

dawnann
09-09-2004, 06:58 AM
Good Morning, Here is my newest...Ink Blue and white and Transparent ambers and white.

Foofaraw
09-09-2004, 07:25 AM
Beautiful beads everyone, but AMY....another tool, girlfriend I'm going to go broke! I gotta have one, especially because my cubes always end up as diamonds because I over squish, lol!!! Gotta go check the forum, MUST HAVE!!!

David E Ricketts
09-09-2004, 08:19 AM
Nice work so far tonight :D
Jenn, those are sooooooooo pretty - I just bought some of that glass - I hope I can get that beautiful color out of it
Amy - LOVE the new shapes, the enamel painting on those beads is very classy
oooooooooooo, Harriet - I always love what you do, these are even neater, if that is possible
Tracy - what a great combo, the new violets with the raku - really wonderful
Ania - how beautiful - very crisp and pretty
Saucy - great color combo, I am really drawn to that mica powder, I should try some more of that
I am in a star rut, and might not get out, cause I am having a good time - they seem to have gone to another level - the first one is some of the new purples and then aqua's and blues, and the little one is yellows and purples and blue - then a dichro tab bead with pure silver on it - have to work on that silver application I see - but it is kind pretty anyway - hope your day goes well - God Bless - Virginia L.

Virginia, I just love your stars... I don't know what else to call them, or what you call them, but they are always great. Lot's of other great beads here this morning!

KellyD
09-09-2004, 08:49 AM
Beautiful colors today everyone!
Here's what I have today, a new set called Christmas Cookies

GardensOnGlass
09-09-2004, 08:50 AM
Great beads everyone.

Jenn, gorgeous color. Love 'em!

Harriet, those beads just pop. Love that they're etched, I think it probably makes the colors pop off the black just that much more.

jms
09-09-2004, 10:38 AM
Okay...I'm trying to be brave. I've been drooling over your beads for a year & making my own for about 3 months. Don't ask me why I've been chicken to show my beads...you are ALL so encouraging toward each other. I made these last month & just need to dive in and post. So here I go....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/31673-aqua1.jpg

Jenn...I want to eat those beads...they look incredibly yummy...
Harriet...Fabulous beads...as usual.
Amy...The ZooziiCube will be a hot item! The bead shape is perfect.
Tracey...Silver Violet...wonderful color...great beads...
Ania...Ooooohhh....love the hollow bead...
Saucy...Love the mica powder....
Virginia....Two more in a long line of wonderful stars....
DawnAnn...Great colors...I especially love the ink blue...lovely...
Kelly...Great Christmas set! Love the gingerbread men

As usual....delightful beads everyone....

jbriz
09-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Welcome, JMS. I, too, just got up the nerve to post my first beads recently (although I must confess I haven't posted any pics since....). It's kinda hard to post those first ones, but this group of people is sooo great! They've all been so encouraging and helpful to each other and me! Can't go wrong with a bunch of folks like these!

You have very nice beads. I like 'em a lot! You and I started roughly the same time and I think you are progressing very well! Hope to see more from you soon. And I'll get out the ol' camera myself! LOL

GinaJ
09-09-2004, 10:51 AM
Oh, my, what a great S&T today!!!!!
Here's mine!

Lara
09-09-2004, 11:20 AM
JMS - Welcome and great beads. I really like the dark blue/aqua color, very nice color.

Today I have a bead I'm calling Fire Bicone. It was made for the fire challenge earlier this year over on ISGB. Sent off another, kept this one to sell.

Lara

CharleneN
09-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Everyone's beads are so beautiful...as usual!

Here are some I made yesterday practicing with Raku on different bases. Sorry the scan is so bad...I really gotta get the camera set up right.

The first is opal yellow tab with silver pink ends no raku. Second is small lentil opal yellow raku. Third big lentil dark ivory tonque pink and raku and lastly the bullet shaped is tongue pink and raku...it's my favorite...too bad you really can't see it

tulips
09-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Harriet- are you using a press to get the "pill" shapes? If so which one? I am still "press-less", can't seem to make up my mind. Silly since I'll probably end up with them all! I really like that shape!

margaretz
09-09-2004, 11:53 AM
Hi everyone! Great stuff today!

Zoozii: The enamel painted beads are fantastic. I like the delicate decoration you did on it... gonna take an emamel painting class in a few months, and I'm sooooo excited...
Harriet: I love your beads... always with such vivid color. These are no exception!!!
Virginia- It's been fun to watch your stars become more and more complex- fantastic job! The dichro and silver piece is pretty, too!

Here's a recent piece of mine, a twisty... trans straw yellow base, silver, and iris gold frit, then twistified... Have a wonderful day!

jeffwelsh23462
09-09-2004, 12:00 PM
here's mine for the day... love everyone's work today! :cool: :wave: :p

Beth Myers
09-09-2004, 12:05 PM
Okay...I'm trying to be brave. I've been drooling over your beads for a year & making my own for about 3 months. Don't ask me why I've been chicken to show my beads...you are ALL so encouraging toward each other. I made these last month & just need to dive in and post. So here I go....
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/31673-aqua1.jpg

Jenn...I want to eat those beads...they look incredibly yummy...
Harriet...Fabulous beads...as usual.
Amy...The ZooziiCube will be a hot item! The bead shape is perfect.
Tracey...Silver Violet...wonderful color...great beads...
Ania...Ooooohhh....love the hollow bead...
Saucy...Love the mica powder....
Virginia....Two more in a long line of wonderful stars....
DawnAnn...Great colors...I especially love the ink blue...lovely...
Kelly...Great Christmas set! Love the gingerbread men

As usual....delightful beads everyone....

Good for you Janie,
No it is not easy to expose yourself, as it were, to the masses.
Great job on the glass!
Beth

mtbarr
09-09-2004, 12:19 PM
Gorgeous Ruby Gold Squeezes
Some really good glass art here today..
Jeff.. I have been playing with the boro as of this week. Am really getting hooked. Love looking at your art and the bracelets are intriguing. Thanks for the inspiration...

Here's my little treasures:
First is boro with blue caramel and butterscotch frits
Second is I Plum Forgot! (I hate it when that happens!)
And the others are ruby gold and silver experiments..
The fourth one is black, silvered, dots of white covered with dk topaz and reduced. Someone did something similiar this week and I thought it a beautiful effect. Thought I might give it a try...
The last one turned out interesting.. I think the silver over the rubino got hot and gave the golden hue to the glass. Really pretty bead.

lepoppet
09-09-2004, 12:21 PM
Very Awesome S&T Today. Here's some from me.

Maria

jeffwelsh23462
09-09-2004, 12:29 PM
Gorgeous Ruby Gold Squeezes
Some really good glass art here today..
Jeff.. I have been playing with the boro as of this week. Am really getting hooked. Love looking at your art and the bracelets are intriguing. Thanks for the inspiration...
thanks mtbarr... i have been busy the last couple days have more pics but will save for tomorrow... i am using my father's camera due to mine the usb connector broke off so it's being fixed by olympus. the beads look great!

wildwire
09-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Ohh Jenn..your beads are beautiful..and Amy yours have an oriental flair. I like it !!!
I'm still mashing beads into a variety of shapes. Yesterday was pillows, today is pill shaped.
Harriet

I always admire your brightly colored beads - but I am in love with these! Very awesome....

Everyone's show and tell is awesome! I check in every day to drool!

Shauna

koregon
09-09-2004, 01:20 PM
more raku jitterbug stringer squeezed...can't help myself...I love them...so when you like something...you make it...until I move on to something else...here are a couple new color variations

and a end of day focal.

sandree
09-09-2004, 01:44 PM
Wow! You guys are really good with the presses. I haven't really mastered them yet but haven't spent much time playing with mine yet. Here is some boro to add to the mix. Oh, and Gina those flowers are gorgeous!

Sandy

WiredWomanDesign
09-09-2004, 02:39 PM
Wow - a treat for my eyes, all this lovely colour. We woke up to snow on the ground this am. Gulp - I'm not ready for it to be winter yet! Here's my contribution - lauscha lavender, inkblue, amethyst, dotted with pink, violet, coral and orange:

David E Ricketts
09-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Great looking beads everyone........ Oh...Kaye WOW! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Adriana_S
09-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Harriet I HAD to run right out and bid on those!! Soooo adorable!

Jenn I'm STILL in awe of that set. . since I first peeked this morning. Couldn't comment then. . I'm sick but feeling decent enough to piddle around right now (fever and tonsils, BLECHH!)

Kaye, your beads always amaze me. . . they "reek" of inspiration and I mean that in the absolute best way.

Brilliant work everybody. . .

Here's a late contribution . . . .

yeepers
09-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Adriana,

Those are lovely! Do you mind sharing what colors/frits you used?

Simply lovely :clap:

gwacie
09-09-2004, 07:00 PM
Lovely lovelies! So glad everyone shared :).

Adriana_S
09-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Howdy Yee :wave:

I don't mind at all. . . pale grey transparent base (moretti. . lightest grey there is. . can't remember which one specifically)

Size 0 Raku frit

Size 1 Opaque Gold Ruby frit on one side only and slightly raked.

I can't picture my work without frit ever again. . . . :rolleyes: :D

yeepers
09-09-2004, 08:06 PM
Hi right back atcha! :wave:

I just love your frit combos. I have tons of frit but have a hard time figuring out what base colors to use and what frit combos to use. Let's just say I'm easing into the frit :D

I took a peek at your auctions and they're just all totally luscious!

Thanks for sharing your "recipes" :clap:

Cheers,