PDA

View Full Version : another knife landscape

edzstudios
09-08-2004, 11:17 PM
another knife landscape - 9x12, acrylics on masonite. Sorry about the glare - the colors look better IRL :-) comments/critiques?

mooz49
09-09-2004, 02:25 AM
This is great :clap: :clap: ........... I am definately getting my knives out next!!

Bioartist
09-09-2004, 09:08 AM
This is fantastic, and as a "knife" lover myself I have just one little question - did you use any mediums in the painting????
OK, two little questions (sorry :D ) what acrylics did you use?? as these look luscious (sorry pathetic at spelling :rolleyes: ).
Stacey

sassybird
09-09-2004, 03:49 PM
I love knife work. The work has a lot of tension in it. The only little thing that bothers me a bit is that you got a little muddy in the sky on the left. Other than that I really like this painting.

edzstudios
09-11-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks all!
Sassybird: I see what you mean about the sky - actually IRL it is a rich, deep purple/blackish color - it just looks washed out and muddy in the photo <grin> I gots to get me a better digicam...

Bioartist: I use mostly Golden and Utrecht brand acrylics with a couple of liquitex colors thrown in... I always use a medium with acrylics, for knife painting my medium is a combination of Golden's "high solid gel medium (gloss)" mixed with a bit of Utrecht gel extender, and a drop of Golden "Glazing Liquid". gives the paint a nice buttery consistency, and increases the open time long enough to work alla prima...

joa
09-11-2004, 10:00 PM
Very nice! But I don't think we are seeing it at its best--too much reflection back at the camera. Want to see enough to indicate the texture, though. Maybe you are too close? Or your flash is turned up too high? Can you stand farther away, then use your zoom?

I would love to see this in a better photo that would really bring out its best. You've done a great job! :clap:

Hillie
09-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Wow, Lazarus - this is a fantastic painting :) - I love the thickness of it. Luscious is the right word :clap:

When you take a pic with your digicam, try leaning the painting forward a bit to get rid of glare. Plus, you don't need a flash for indoors in the daytime - digicams let in tons of light. I even photograph without the flash at night. I'm sure you can get a real good picture without the glare this way.

Eileenjm
09-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Have to agree with Charissa on this one. Great work. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eileen

edzstudios
09-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Thanks all! I'll try getting a better pic. tonight and re-post it!