PDA

View Full Version : diynet.com - Jewelry Making 9/9

GardensOnGlass
09-08-2004, 05:34 PM
Evening all! I was just perusing www.diynet.com (diy network). They have a show called Jewelry Making with Jackie Guerra as its host. I've seen the show before, but kind of forgot about it. Tomorrow at 10 am EST (you'll have to check your local listings - it's channel 124 on my digital cable) is a show on sterling silver jewelry making. They're going to show hammered ss wire earrings, wax casting, a soldered pendant & caring for ss. Here's the link to the show page on their website:

http://www.diynet.com/diy/shows_djmk/episode/0,2046,DIY_16161_31202,00.html

SuzyQ
09-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I keep checking the clock....... it is on channel 121 her in PA. Thanks.

McDuck
09-09-2004, 09:43 AM
Hmm, I dont think I have diy but thank you for telling me about it!

mary

GardensOnGlass
09-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Well, I thought the show was o.k., not spectacular. The instructions were fairly simplified, especially regarding bezel making and was carving, but it was interesting. I really want to take a PMC class and a metalsmithing class. On my list of things to do. You guys who are going to take Barrie's class are lucky. Can't wait to see what's made!

Barrie
09-09-2004, 11:31 AM
Boy, I sure wish we got the diy channel! (I'm nosey, love to see how others teach!) Too bad the show wasn't more 'exciting' for you, Lori. Doesn't sound like it inspired you too much. We'll be sure to post lots of pictures after the class!!

SuzyQ
09-09-2004, 02:26 PM
I expected more too Lori. Very quick directions, but it did make me want to pound on some silver. I just need to buy some more supplies...... :)

Carole A
09-09-2004, 09:31 PM
Lori -
Today was my first look at this forum. Your thread was very timely: just yesterday, I registered for metalsmithing at Community College. Classes start last week of September, and I'm so excited about it. I have my book, The Complete Metalsmith which I've been reading and I was able to catch the show today on DIY.

Looking forward to getting involved in this art form.

Carole A

GardensOnGlass
09-09-2004, 09:46 PM
Well, welcome to the Wearable Art Forum Carole! This is a great place to hang out. I've met Tim McCreight, he's a great guy. He lives the next town over from me. I've known his wife quite well for a long time, she's a social worker at my kids' middle school & I'm on the school board too. He also teaches at MECA (Maine College of Art) here in Portland, ME. Some day I'm going to sign up for their beginning metalsmithing class. Hope you post about your class in some of the future dailies

Carole A
09-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Thanks, Lori for the warm welcome. I'll be posting again as soon as I've learned something in class.

Carole A