PDA

View Full Version : Show off what you made at GLASS STOCK

beachbeads
09-08-2004, 04:12 PM
I though I would start a new thread so everyone can show off what they made at Glass stock. These are 3 of the fused plates BEFORE they were fused. I don't know who made the first one but Paula Dow made the fish plate and I made the purple flower plate. I don't have alot to show as I am going to complete my etching and pmc at home, and my paper weight broke. But I live close to the Glass Hive and Mike invited me out to make another one, he is so sweet. I am so amazed at how much we learned, one class alone would have cost as much as what the price of Glass stock was. Thanks Mike, Deb, Sherri and Bob!!

CalmWaterStudio
09-08-2004, 04:22 PM
OH MY GOODNESS. I'm so jealous.

Those are gorgeous.... really and truly gorgeous. Congratulations! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sassyglassgal
09-09-2004, 02:04 AM
Just got home to michigan, had a good time at glass stock, everyone made such beautiful stuff..it was awesome, here are a few things I made...

jujeebeads
09-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Hi Sheila,
What a great time we had!! And thanks again for dinner! :)
My first pic is the beautiful Oregon coastline (Devil's Boiler Beach), a view I never get tired of looking at!
I didn't make a lot of beads, but after watching so many pros make large beads, I have been working on my bicone/tube bead shape. The second pic is my paper weight which I have to say was the highlight of Glass Stock for me. Thanks Mike! And thanks to everyone involved (staff and participants) for making Glass Stock a fun and memorable weekend!
Judy :cat:
ps: Sheila, I am so glad you are getting another opportunity to make a paper weight!!

CosmicGW
09-10-2004, 12:14 PM
Keep posting.... the pieces so far are pretty fabulous! The plates are very cool.

beachbeads
09-10-2004, 03:39 PM
That paper weight ROCKS!!!If anyone's paper weight was to break I am glad it was mine as I can go out anytime to make another, someone must of had Moretti in hand and accidently left some on table with other glass. Oh well, so where are the other photo's???? I am still in awe of all I learned. I think we should start a Glass stock who is post as there were so many people who I can't put a name to a face sometimes, what do you think? Sheila

Kimberly Affleck
09-10-2004, 04:13 PM
Wow! Lovely stuff! I wish I had some photos to post, but, alas, no. I gave my blowing slot to Adrian as it was looking as though he might not get a spot, and I gave my plate components away to those who didn't make enough or had trouble working off mandrel. I made a ton of beads, but they were all sold or traded. I do have a hummingbird I made in Deb's class, a marble I made in Pam Pitt's class, a sandblasted crab that I LOVE and a beautiful start to a copper Byzantine bracelet that I started in Shirley's class. And, of course, three hearts that Shirley C and I collaborated on (they are YUMMY!!!!!!). I will get photos as soon as I have a day off (I have been working straight through since I got back and don't get home early enough to take photos.
Wonderful work everyone!!!!!

fromtheflame
09-10-2004, 05:07 PM
Hey Sheila!

Thanks for showing off my fused plate.

Yes, that first one is MINE! :D

Heidi,
Fromtheflame
Omaha,NE

glassfreek
09-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Wow! Lovely stuff! I wish I had some photos to post, but, alas, no. I gave my blowing slot to Adrian as it was looking as though he might not get a spot, and I gave my plate components away to those who didn't make enough or had trouble working off mandrel. I made a ton of beads, but they were all sold or traded. I do have a hummingbird I made in Deb's class, a marble I made in Pam Pitt's class, a sandblasted crab that I LOVE and a beautiful start to a copper Byzantine bracelet that I started in Shirley's class. And, of course, three hearts that Shirley C and I collaborated on (they are YUMMY!!!!!!). I will get photos as soon as I have a day off (I have been working straight through since I got back and don't get home early enough to take photos.

O kim I thought we got you in there for a paper weight darnit. well you come down anytime you want girl and we will make them all day.

mike

beachbeads
09-10-2004, 06:27 PM
Heidi, I thought it was yours but wasn't sure. Kimberly, wish I had gotten up the guts to trade beads with you, perhaps sometime in teh future, I was a little shy to ask. Silly me. OK GUYS, where are your photo's???? Sheila

Hey Sheila!

Thanks for showing off my fused plate.

Yes, that first one is MINE! :D

Heidi,
Fromtheflame
Omaha,NE

AMR GlassWorks
09-10-2004, 07:13 PM
Well here are mine. I just got home last night and I've pretty much on the couch all day from this d*mn cold I got! My paperweight didn't turn out like I hoped but I can now say I've made a paperweight! :D I really like my little dichro tiles and my sandblast lily! I should have made more components for the tile but at that time I started feeling yucky soooo that's all I got done! I had such a blast with everyone and leaning this new stuff!! Can't wait to try some of it here at home! :D

DeberLee
09-11-2004, 02:57 PM
I have to ask, for DH, about the fused tiles. Sharpie? Nailpolish? Before or after kiln? Those are really cool, and he was totally taken with them.

Wonderful work ALL!!!! :clap: :clap:

AMR GlassWorks
09-11-2004, 03:07 PM
Hey Deb! On the dichro peices, you use nail polish or a sharpie marker on top of the dichro, let dry and then put them in liquid etch. I don't remember for how long though! Doh! Whatever you covered with the sharpie and the nailpolish is protected from the etch and you are left with that design. On the clear one, I used the dremel to etch out the plaid design. You don't put that one in the etch or you will etch out the dichro! Does that make sense? If you want the designs to really stand out, you can fuse on a peice of clear over the design. :D

glassfreek
09-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks for explaining Anne, you have a great memory! Deb, if you use sharpie you etch only 60 seconds...no more! If you use nailpolish you can dip 5 minutes without worry. The dremel one is the easiest...no resist and no acid, works great on clear and black backed dichroic. You can them use them in the torch or fuse them...a clear glass fused over really stands out! Maybe we can get Pam to post the dragon example I did with sharpie and then fused...a lot of detail and it just glows. Try it, make sure to use dip etch, not cream!

PSSSSSSSSSSSSS...We have 3 fused tiles and 2 clothing items still unclaimed...let us know if they are yours!
Hugs Deb

Jewelia
09-12-2004, 09:12 PM
AHHHH Kimberly....Mari Johnson couldn't make hers so I did it....I should have had you do it.....coulda woulda shoulda......
And Sheila..LOL....I am always shy about trading with Kimberly too..... :o

cronepaula
09-15-2004, 02:40 PM
I will get something up here soon, gotta get film developed, and I want to fuse my etched dichro. I made a heart in silver pmc. with the word imagine across the top and a purple stone inset in a heart below.

wow, toooooo much funn,,,,

Don't be afraid of Kim, I have never met anyone as giving and warm and open (unless Deb Crowley can tie her for that...) They seem to appreciate even my meger attempts to give them stuff. Deb even put my fish on sdisplay at her house! I was so touched I cried...

Kimberly Affleck
09-15-2004, 03:36 PM
I will get something up here soon, gotta get film developed, and I want to fuse my etched dichro. I made a heart in silver pmc. with the word imagine across the top and a purple stone inset in a heart below.

wow, toooooo much funn,,,,

Don't be afraid of Kim, I have never met anyone as giving and warm and open (unless Deb Crowley can tie her for that...) They seem to appreciate even my meger attempts to give them stuff. Deb even put my fish on sdisplay at her house! I was so touched I cried...

I don't know........I'm pretty scary! Especially in those lepoard spotted Pj's! And just wait until I wear my flame boots with the 5 inch heels!!! Terrifying!!!!

Really, guys, I do love to trade, so next time, I'll just march right up and demand to see your beads!!!!

KTO
09-15-2004, 11:27 PM
Really, guys, I do love to trade, so next time, I'll just march right up and demand to see your beads!!!!
Thats what I did Kim. Just wish I started doing it earlier...I missed trading beads with a lot of people and that is my only regret from GS.

I miss EVERYONE way to much :crying: :crying:
but
I know I'll see you all next year :clap: :clap: :) :clap: (maybe sooner)

Hugs to you all ~ Kati

PamTwist
09-16-2004, 05:22 AM
As a happy :D staff member I chose to sit out of some of the electives I can do at home, so I only focused on trading like a mad woman, the paperweights, debs boro sculpture, and snooped in on most of the other electives. With as hard as I tried to catch everyone, I only managed about 1/4 of the folks. I just have to get faster. Vicky had enough cork and PMC paste that she was able to sell me a take home kit. I will post those experiments as they come. I got my sandblasting in with Kati when we made the demo tiles for the sandblast class. That was a lot of fun. I will sign up for staff anytime!

The first pics are the humming bird I sclupted in Deb's class(the clear one on the shelf), along with the flock that were inspired when I got home. I guess I am only suited to sculpting things that fly :) My fish look like they come from 5000 feet down.

The second pics are the paperweights from this year. Chuck has not done any furnace or torch work before. I got to do one at last years event, and have taken glass casting classes. I am real proud of them both. They still need to be ground, I am stuck at the torch for now, so grinding has taken a back seat.

Now bring on more glass stock goodies. If the glass keeps comming my inspiration will last till next year! Thank you all for sharing, and thanks for making GS so great! I am not a great starter, but I follow well :p I am starting to get punchy, so I am off to bed!

Pam

jujeebeads
09-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Hey Pam,

Nice hummers! Glad you had some time to play! And very cool paper weights too! I'm also glad Chuck had a chance to play too. Has he played with glass since you've been home?? just wondering if he'll ever get hooked! I'll see you soon!

PamTwist
09-17-2004, 03:36 AM
Hey Pam,

Nice hummers! Glad you had some time to play! And very cool paper weights too! I'm also glad Chuck had a chance to play too. Has he played with glass since you've been home?? just wondering if he'll ever get hooked! I'll see you soon!

Thanks, Deb sure makes things click! Chuck is still pondering the experiance. The new studio we are setting up down here has a hot shop in the back. He hopes to start helping out and work his way up. It is so cool to see something glass interest him. He is good about lookning at beads with me, but you can tell he's not totally entralled. Now he looks a bit closer :)

Pam

beachbeads
09-17-2004, 01:50 PM
Those hummers are beautiful!!!! It was so hard to choose classes at GS as I wanted to take them all!!! And I did win Shirley Cook's demo bead and I keep looking at in in awe.

Kimberly Affleck
09-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Pam!!!! Hi!!! Those hummingbirds are great! I haven't had the nerve to try one on my own at home yet, but I will this weekend! I'm glad Chuck had a good time, but how did Riley like the shindig? Give him a hug for me!

Shirley C.
09-20-2004, 01:17 AM
sheesh, i FINALLY got home from connecticut! got in last night and felt like a zombie, but today i put some goodies on the scanner. these are some of the beads that kim affleck and i made. kim made the base beads, i made the trimming stuff and put it on the beads. KIM, YOU ROCK!!!!

each picture shows the front and back of the bead. i haven't even had time to clean them yet - tomorrow's task.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2004/10433-DarkHeart.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2004/10433-BlueHeart.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Sep-2004/10433-BigHeart.jpg

nursekatie
09-20-2004, 05:21 AM
How did I miss this thread??? Geeshh....and I don't have any pics yet either!! I will get some this week and get them up!

I do have to say Shirley and Kim....your hearts ROCK!!!

bugley
09-22-2004, 02:53 AM
Here is my Leafy Seadragon tile. I haven't seen my paperweight yet since I was in the Monday group.

http://www.websquirrels.com/glassstock2004/leafyseadragon2.jpg

(if this shows up as a link, someone give me a hint as to how I can get the image to display in the the post)

Diane

KTO
09-22-2004, 12:46 PM
Someday I'm gonna get me one of those hearts!!! :evil:

Diane - when you post - if you scroll past the submit response button to the additional options section and click the manage attachments button it will pull up a box where you can select photos from your computer to upload. Hope thar helps...if you still have trouble PM me and I'll get you better directions.

Your sea dragon is so cool.