PDA

View Full Version : New to this crazy place with new illustrations...

bustedpinky
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
so nice to find a place full of specialized knowledge! i've been developing a mix of fine arts/illustration over the years and haven't really done much with them, i think of them as stories for the grandkids someday, but i'm trying to become a little more official and actually doooo something with my artwork. most of my work nowadays features places i've traveled or where i live, local scenes that i can directly relate to and develop a relationship with. i just started up my own website, www.brokenpinkyproductions.com , and have a lot of my work displayed there. i'm finishing up my fine arts/illustration degree (finally) here in arizona and hope to find a home for some of my artwork after hording it to myself for so long. i would love any advice on what to do with myself or where to look within wetcanvas for info on what to do next.

I've included one recent piece i'm working on, not quite finished but the overall color elements are there...and one of my "A" Mt. series from here in tucson, az. I did a series of eight images of this small mountain on the west part of town which overlooks Tucson, please feel free to comment. I'd like to put some work in critique and if anyone could tell me if this work is appropriate for that or not i would appreciate it...still getting used to all the layers here at wet canvas! sorry about all the rambling but look forward to actually communicating with other artists! aaron

AFM159
09-08-2004, 12:55 PM
Hey aaron! Thanks for sharing!

I like your use of color, very bright and vibrant. Although your style is quite different, your technique is very similar to mine, except I use acrylics instead of colored inks.

Lots of folks around here with opinions on what to do next, myself included :evil: All of us in the Illustration forum are happy to answer any questions you might have. You can also find lots of information over in the General Art Business Forum.

As far as I know all work is acceptable in the critique forums, just be sure to read the guidlines for each forum first.

Leslie_Ann
09-14-2004, 02:03 AM
bustedpinky, very unusual and interesting use of colour. I respect artist who aren't afraid to use colour in their work. Good luck with the new site. :)

Just Crystal
09-14-2004, 01:45 PM
bustedpinky, very unusual and interesting use of colour. I respect artist who aren't afraid to use colour in their work. Good luck with the new site. :)

me too, I am ascared (my sons favorite word) of color!