PDA

View Full Version : Stirling Stained Glass -- WIP

piper2
09-08-2004, 10:31 AM
Hi . . . I've never posted in the acrylic forum before. I was hoping for some advice on a work that I've just started. I'm using a photo from my anniversary trip to Scotland as a reference (I love it, it's so gloomy) and I was originally thinking of doing it in a stained glass sort of style. Now, I'm not so sure. C & C appreciated!

P.S. I apologize for the choppy look of the painting; I had to do it in bits and pieces on the scanner.

piper2
09-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Sorry, it's not really that dark. I think this one's better.

Smileawhyl
09-08-2004, 08:48 PM
I really enjoy this. It would be even more fun if you added the water droplets on the windshield to pick up the original view or the picture, but it has a good feel all on its own.

piper2
09-09-2004, 09:01 AM
I was thinking about that -- the water droplets, I mean. They're what initially drew me to the photo, even though my husband was pretty frustrated when he saw that they were there!

sassybird
09-09-2004, 03:43 PM
lol Tell you husband that happy mistakes are what make life interesting:D I really like what you have done here, and I agree about the water droplets. They will add a new dimension to the piece. Where exactly was this pic taken?

piper2
09-09-2004, 04:04 PM
lol Tell you husband that happy mistakes are what make life interesting:D I really like what you have done here, and I agree about the water droplets. They will add a new dimension to the piece. Where exactly was this pic taken?

I think in most things he would mostly agree with you . . . us getting together was a happy mistake!

We took this pic while driving through Stirling, Scotland, on the way to the castle there. It was FREEZING cold, and a flue epidemic had just broken out. I was two months pregnant, had a fever of 104, and Scotland was amazingly, wonderfully beautiful.

Smileawhyl
09-09-2004, 04:34 PM
I was thinking about that -- the water droplets, I mean. They're what initially drew me to the photo, even though my husband was pretty frustrated when he saw that they were there!
The painting looks like it was made for the placement of the droplets in that there is a slight, almost imperceptible bowing of the building line on the right which is already suggestive of a slightly bowed view through a windshield.

ExpressiveAngie
09-09-2004, 07:00 PM
This is a very interesting painting, what size?

piper2
09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
I think I am going to try the water droplets. It's 16" x 20", by the way.