PDA

View Full Version : Who showed beach beads like these?

gailjoseph
09-08-2004, 09:10 AM
I'd like to thank the person who showed their beads like these a month or so ago (her's were waaaaaaay nicer though). Anybody know who it was? I hope you don't mind me trying them out, as I am completely obsessed by them. I'm using ivory for the sand, clear dark aqua with blue adventurine for the waves, blue adventurine to twist, and light blue for the sky. I'd love to try etching just the beach part, but as yet, I haven't successfully etched anything!

yeepers
09-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Triski (Patricia Santana) had a set of beach beads up a while ago. I don't know if you were thinking of hers. The coolest part of hers were that she had footprints in the sand and everything!

Emily from NZ had a cool boro pendant with a wave motif like that up not too long ago as well.

CosmicGW
09-08-2004, 10:28 AM
There was also that lovely set with the sand shaker beads in betweeen the ocean wave beads - I think they were from Kim. I just love all of the beachy beads - thanks for sharing yours!

Becky

beadinpath
09-08-2004, 11:11 AM
http://tqtime.com/oceanprpl.jpg
Check this ocean bead out......
also Neat Tool (http://tqtime.com/mandrelmaster.html) :cool:

beadinpath
09-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Here's the picture...

GardensOnGlass
09-08-2004, 11:44 AM
Yep, Trishki (www.patriciasantana.com) and Kimberly Watanabe (www.kimbeads.com) are the two that come to mind for me.

!ngridh
09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
oooooooooo ooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooo you know what would be tres kewl!!!!!!! ? how about some clear frit on the bottom...the texture would be super for sand!!!!!!!

Trishki
09-08-2004, 11:54 AM
It doesn't look like the one's I made- but if you'd like a tutorial on those- I'd be happy to do it.

They had footprints, shells and beachballs - not the greatest picture - but you get the idea.

tulips
09-08-2004, 03:33 PM
UMmmm...OF COURSE WE'D LIKE A TUTORIAL!! :clap: :clap:

tlackinger
09-08-2004, 04:16 PM
I would like to throw my vote in for a tutorial also! Those beads are beautiful! Ciao, Theresa :cat:

gailjoseph
09-08-2004, 04:26 PM
Oh my goodness :clap: :clap: I love the bead with the footprints!!!!! And the frit idea is great for the sand. Maybe I'm belated realizing that if I've transplanted myself from the midwest to Massachusetts I'd better be more beach-y!! :evil:

saxon
09-08-2004, 08:40 PM
HI , Im a newbie still, but Iv been trying the beach beads for my son the surfer. So far I have 3 Sasquatch on the beach foot prints. You have such great little tiny stringer control. Sigh. Saxon
working on it :(

Kim Watanabe
09-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Well, if you were talking about my beads, I'm happy to share....

I made a light blue base and rolled it in palladium leaf. I have trouble getting silver foil to not burn up....

Then I made the beach by using ivory and sis on half the base, and dabbing mixtures of blue, aqua and green on the other half for the sea (covering up all the palladium) Then I just swirled inbetween. Then I squished into the shape I wanted - but I did some without squishing and they were cute too.

I followed the directions on Corina's site to make the starfish - I just put 5 stripes of dark brown on ivory and pulled. Then I cut them up, placed them on the bead, heated until it formed a dome, and plunged the center, which pulled the legs in making the "star".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/35615-90sandbeach3.JPG

gailjoseph
09-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Well, if you were talking about my beads, I'm happy to share....

I made a light blue base and rolled it in palladium leaf. I have trouble getting silver foil to not burn up....

Then I made the beach by using ivory and sis on half the base, and dabbing mixtures of blue, aqua and green on the other half for the sea (covering up all the palladium) Then I just swirled inbetween. Then I squished into the shape I wanted - but I did some without squishing and they were cute too.

I followed the directions on Corina's site to make the starfish - I just put 5 stripes of dark brown on ivory and pulled. Then I cut them up, placed them on the bead, heated until it formed a dome, and plunged the center, which pulled the legs in making the "star".

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Sep-2004/35615-90sandbeach3.JPG

Yay :clap: :clap: You were the one I was looking for! Thank you so much for the inspiration. Now that I see them again, I realize that they were even more beautiful than I remembered!

nicker
09-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Kim you Rock! :clap: :clap:

How wonderful that you share your techniques! That's what I love about the glass world.

These beads are awsome and I love the story too!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34070&item=4924262892

Daphne of Dilluvian
09-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Kim, those are gorgeous! I am most drawn to aquatic colours and these just sing to me. I won't copy them exactly, but I do plan on playing around with your technique. Thank you so much for sharing. I cannot believe the artistic generosity of the people here. Inspirational to say the least. :clap:

Daphne

Kim Watanabe
09-10-2004, 01:04 AM
Thanks guys!

I just read an article in the ISGB Bead Release by Schermo and in it she said that we can't all reinvent something everytime we torch, so it's good to draw inspiration from each other. (that was paraphrased a bit....) I have read and tried so many tips that have been posted on this forum - and not many have turned out like the original, but they have led me new places. I'm glad I got to share something back. Have fun playing - can't wait to see the beach beads... I've already got ideas for more.

CosmicGW
09-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Kim -

Those beads are awesome!! Thanks for posting them. Absolutely stunning.

Becky