PDA

View Full Version : Calligraphy on Acrylic

jbitzel
09-08-2004, 08:18 AM
I would like to know if anybody has any experience with using acrylic paints in caligraphy pens or if regular ink will stick to acrylics, authough I would assume the surface would have to be smooth. :confused:

DeusExMachina
09-09-2004, 04:18 AM
It's definitely an idea.
I could imagine you could make highlights really stand out with one of those silver coloured gel roller pens.
I'm not too sure if I'd use any old BIC pen on acrylic paint though.

Remember this: Most of the best inventions have originated by accident (think penicilline) If you apply ink and it runs, it could seem to you to be the best thing you've done...
I would say 'go for it'.
Experimenting is half the fun. :D

sassybird
09-09-2004, 03:29 PM
There is an acrylic ink, but I can't remember who puts it out. I think if you watered down your acrylics, getting all little lumps out, that you could use the pens with no problem. Just make sure you have water on the side to dip them in, keeping the pens clean as you go then a through cleaning afterwards. Ink would ball up on acrylics. I have it, but gel pens seem to work well.

Silent Jaguar
09-09-2004, 10:02 PM
Regular ink will stick to acrylic, make sure it is the waterproof variety. You'll need to do a couple coats of ink. Medium and heavy bodied acrylics don't work well with calligraphy pens, I've tried. But I haven't tried the liquid acrylics, I heard they work like ink. :wave: