PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Drawing Event 11 Sept 2004

sundiver
09-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Helen's hosting, and here is her invitation! :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/6393-998-for_wde_invite.jpg

Hello everyone! Welcome to the wonderful world of WDEs and to my corner of the world… I’ve selected a sampling of images that reflect my area in the great state of Michigan. I hope you’ll all find something that strikes your fancy… Be prepared to grab those pencils, pens, paints, brushes, pastels, whatever and have some FUN!

The pictures will be posted on Satruday, September 11. See the times below. You’ll have half an hour to select your image and 2 hours to create your masterpieces!

If you cannot be here then, please feel free to join us at any time before the following weekend (or even after that!) - I'll be here to see your work!

If you have any problems or are new to WDEs, you may want to check out Jet Liera's links in the "All Medias Art: tips and news" in Tammy's thread at the top of page one in the AMAE forum..

Images will be posted in a new thread entitled "WDE. September 11. IMAGES HERE" - look for the lightbulb icon in the column to the left of the title. You’ll have half an hour to select your image and then go for it... The times:
New York-Sat 4pm, Paris-Sat 10pm, Anchorage-Sat 12pm, Amsterdam-Sat 10pm, New Orleans-Sat 3pm, Vancouver-Sat 1pm, Manila-Sun 4pm, London-Sat 9pm, Halifax-Sat 5 pm, Sydney- Sun 6am, Toronto- Sat 4pm, US Mountain time-Sat 2pm, Helsinki-11pm. I hope I have those times correct. I know they will be up by 4:00 p.m. Grand Haven, Michigan time. Actually, they'll probably be up a little early. This is my first time hosting and I know I'll be anxious.
Helen

Check out the All Media Events Forum for further information.
See you there!

Lauren F-M
09-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Whoopeee, Helen!

Sounds like fun!! :clap:
Actually, starting Saturday afternoon (4 pm here) suits me well this weekend, as I'll be out of town and busy until then. So, Sunday, I can relax with one of your pictures!

I'm really looking forward to it! :D

Cheers, Lauren F-M :wave: :music:

FriendCarol
09-09-2004, 09:04 PM
Your lovely invitation reminds me of a canoeing trip just below the "Upper Peninsula" during my long-past undergraduate days. I sure miss being able to canoe (sail, hike, backpack, etc.) -- but at least there's still painting! I have so many unfinished works already I probably shouldn't :rolleyes: , but I'll try to be there, either Saturday or Sunday afternoon.

Thanks for hosting us! :)

paintsplatter
09-10-2004, 08:11 PM
I'll be there. Seriously enjoyed last weekend. :clap: :clap:

prestonsega
09-11-2004, 06:40 AM
My older brother lived in MI so I stayed there my 16th summer on one of the beautiful lakes.....so I am looking forward to these.....never did the snow though!

paintsplatter
09-11-2004, 01:34 PM
Ok, it's 3:03 pm here in sunny Newfoundland. Where are the photographs for this weekend? I'm all ready to go and there's nothing here to start with..am I early??? lol

Lauren F-M
09-12-2004, 08:08 AM
Hi, sundiver & Helen,

I somehow can't find out how to quickly get to the AMAE forum, as Helen suggests, to find the pictures she's posted. Where do I find it on the WC! homepage?

I find it easiest when the link to that place is included in the Invitation, so I can just click on it to get there. sundiver -- can you recommend that hosts do that in future?

I realize that it's probably easier than I think to get there as Helen has done, but if I can't find it, there are probably others who can't, either.

See you all when I finally get there! :D

In confusion,
Lauren F-M

debee'
09-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Sundiver, thanks for the suggestion. I've reduced the image and I'm going to try again.

sundiver
09-13-2004, 07:22 AM
Hi, sundiver & Helen,

I somehow can't find out how to quickly get to the AMAE forum, as Helen suggests, to find the pictures she's posted. Where do I find it on the WC! homepage?

I find it easiest when the link to that place is included in the Invitation, so I can just click on it to get there. sundiver -- can you recommend that hosts do that in future?

I realize that it's probably easier than I think to get there as Helen has done, but if I can't find it, there are probably others who can't, either.

See you all when I finally get there! :D

In confusion,
Lauren F-M

I meant to put a link to the forum here...forgot! Yeah, it's a good idea!
I don't know why the AMAE forum is a little more complicated to reach than many others. The quickest way I know of is the Forum Jump bar at the bottom of the page... but then it's not on the WC homepage; you have to go to a regular page to get it.
The other way is "content areas" > Discussion Forums> AMAE