PDA

View Full Version : Wear it's at Wednesday September 8th

Gingerbiscuit
09-08-2004, 06:01 AM
Good morning everyone! :wave: :wave: :wave:

The plumber and builder are on course for my room alterations to transform it into a studio. And I sourced a glass seller who is about 2 hours away - that will make a great day out!

I've also arranged a one to one lampworking class in about 3 weeks time.

This is finally going to happen!! Yippeeeee!!

I was going to use the cellar, and convert it to a studio, but good ventilation is a problem down there.

Here's hoping it's good day for us all!

Andee
09-08-2004, 06:29 AM
Hi Lynne and all who'll follow!

Lynne - have fun buying glass! :)

No news here...

Have a great day, y'all! :wave:

beclectic
09-08-2004, 07:56 AM
Just checking in and saying Hi! :wave: Waving to Ginger and Andee and all who follow.

Ginger isn't it exciting to be building a studio? My friend Jonathan and I are building one in my basement. We are using a vent fan to improve ventilation and venting it outside. Jonathan is working on the electrical right now, which I know next to nothing about so I can't really help. I do need to get down there and clean off the work surface because it has gotten piled with tools people didn't put away but jut dropped on the table. Grrr.... I'll have to figure a way to prevent that. Maybe some bars on the back of the bench so they would have to walk around it to put the tools down. That way the tools will get dropped on the workbench which would then be more convenient.

Ever since my car got mushed I've been carpooling with my LP (Life Partner) and he has to be at work at 6:00 a.m. sooo.... I end up at work about 6:30 a.m. I'm getting a lot done but I'm so tired early I'm not getting much done at home.

C’est la vie.

I've got a breakfast meeting with my boss this morning. We go to breakfast to have our meetings otherwise people just walk into our offices and start telling us their computer problems. It is so weird because ordinarly these people are polite but once they get near an IT person all their thoughts about databases, hardware issues, formating documents, whatever is on their mind concerning computers just starts pouring out of their mouths. They will even act embarassed when they realize that they have interrupted but it doesn't stop them, they just keep going. I guess it is the same for doctors, mechanics, plumbers, electricians and any one else that provides a service where people feel like they don't understand what is going on. C’est la vie again.

Tomorrow I'm taking off of work to go to a car dealer auction to see if I can replace my minivan. Its funny, the last time I wanted a newer minivan, I called an ad in the paper, went out and looked at the minivan, drove it around, made the deal and had the vehicle the next day. This time when I need one quickly I can't find anything I can afford that doesn't look like it is on its last leg. I've got the same amount of money I had last time. It is very frustrating.

Wow, this is almost all whining. I need a whiney icon to warn people about this post. I'll improve it by saying: I'm going to breakfast with my boss this morning and that is always fun. Tomorrow I'm going to a car dealer auction and that should be exciting and I get the day off to do it. My boss already approved it, he is a great guy to work for. :D That's muct better.

Have a fun and productive day.

LLane
09-08-2004, 08:07 AM
I need a whiney icon to warn people about this post.
LOL.... Barb.... your posts don't sound whiney to me.... !!!

Lynne.... great news on the studio.... keep us up to date!!! :clap: :clap:
Andee.... congrats on your news from yesterday.... (I'm always a bit late!)

Me.... trying to get torch time.... but..yesterday I had to take T-Bone, my 14 yr old English Springer Spaniel, to the vet. She had a cough that was very disturbing.... after tests and xrays... she is found to have an enlarged heart... I haven't talked to the vet yet... we have an appt to discuss his findings today at 3. She is my little best buddy and I hate to see her ill. But hopefully we will get some meds that will get her feeling better! Until then I'm kind of distracted and not working...... (well that's a good excuse!!) :rolleyes:

Have a great day all...... try to stay dry you that are south and east of us.
Peace,
Lois

PS... Barrie.... thinking of you and your family with lots of healing energy now!!!

Beads-Me!
09-08-2004, 10:14 AM
Hi my friends! A quick fly-by on my way out to make ebads for the show next month! I spent all yesterday working on details of it minus MY computer. What a huge pain in the backside...

Lois - I hope T-Bone will be okay. Must be something in the air - Maxine has been acting kind of strange this morning. I hate when dogs are sick - they can never tell you what's wrong.... Lynne - how exciting! Have fun... Andee - Hi! :wave: Barbara - sounds like life to me! Feel free to share anytime dear...

Have a great day all!

McDuck
09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Helloooo Everyone! a quick fly by for me too. Two bead shows in the next month! :eek: And barrie coming for the silversmithing class.

Lynne - have fun converting your new studio! and shopping for glass. it is a lot fo fun!

Barbara - now whiney icon for us yet! maybe one day LOL Good luck on the breakfast meeting and the new van purchase.

Lois - so sorry to hear about your pup. I hope they can do something for her to help her out.

Hi Andee and Nancy and all who follow!

-Mary

Barrie
09-08-2004, 10:38 AM
Good morning everyone! Thank you all so much for your support and comfort (makes things a bit easier, for sure!) I feel much better today, having been to see Mom, and knowing she's not on death's doorstep. For some reason, the minute you find out someone is "in the cancer hospital" you figure they're all but dead. Not so. Mom's on oxygen (offered to lend her my oxy concentrator LOL!), and feeling quite perky. I had to take her pictures of her great-granddaughter and her cat, so she's a happy camper now. She starts chemo today, they had too many tests to do yesterday to get that going, but will do it today. They talked about letting her go home tonight or tomorrow (recouperating from chemo is always easier at home). So I'll probably get called into service for that, but I sure don't mind. My dh and I were talking about having her come to live with us, but we're stumped for room. Can't afford an addition to the house, and don't have any rooms left here - wonder if she'd mind sharing a space with a 2 year old? LOL Sure wish I had an RV kicking around, I could put it in the driveway and she'd be set.

Anyway, good luck on your vehicle hunt Barb, hope the right one leaps out at you! Lois, healing thoughts to your puppy (no matter how old they are, just like kids, they're stil our fur-babies!). Nancy, hope the glass goddess is kind today! Lynne, how exciting, a new studio! Can't wait to see the results fo your class!!!

Okey dokey, :wave: to everyone who joins us later! Oh, and welcome back Mary, hope you had a fun holiday! I'm off to do some custom work, I think my brain is finally into work mode!! Back later with some show & tell!!! Have a good one!!

TheBlueBetween
09-08-2004, 11:51 AM
Hi all :) No news here either - I'm feeling a little better - I can breath at least and the box of tissues is not going down as quickly as it was yesterday. I think I went through a whole box and 1/2 yesterday :( You guys made me feel better about not liking fishing yesterday - thank you - I'm glad I'm not the only one - I was starting to feel like the party pooper - it's one thing to go out fishing on a nice boat where you can stretch out and get a tan or read a book while they do their thing... another to be stuck in an uncomfortable tippy canoe with nothing to do ;)

Yippee for you Lynne - can't wait to see your first beads! And pictures of your studio!

Hope all the dogs on the list are feeling better - poor pups. Or Poor Mooches as Luke is fond of saying at the moment.

Nancy hope your computer comes back soon - I miss seeing your jewelry posted here!

Barbara, good luck finding a new car soon. Prices just go up and up - until you buy and then they go down. We bought my new car last year and a couple months later we saw an ad on TV selling them for 8K less than we paid and we had talked them down 3K already. :evil:

Have fun working Mary and Barrie - wish I could get into my studio today but it's not going to happen any time soon. But preschool starts in 2 weeks... so it's coming.

:wave: to Andee and anyone else I missed!

have a nice day all!
Pam

Andee
09-08-2004, 03:31 PM
Barbara - good luck at the car dealer auction, I hope you find a new one! (And nope, definitely not sounding whiney! :) )

Lois - I hope T-Bone will be okay! (As for my news from yesterday - I hope they will still be good news AFTER that interview! ;) )

Nancy - same goes for Maxine!

Mary - preparing for beadshows sounds stressing, but having Barry for a silversmithing class sure must be fun! :)

Pam - I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, hope you can have some rest!

McDuck
09-08-2004, 07:38 PM
:wave: :wave: Pam and Andee and everyone else. Oh what a day. Lots to do , some done. Then the Kirby vacuum people show up, I feel sorry for the girl and need my landing cleaned so what the heck...come on in. door knocker firl gets $50 for getting an appointment...other girl gets paid if i buy...i let her know I have no job currently...she is okay with it. Everything goes well until she vacuums my Eurpean Pillow Top $2000 (yes two thousand dollar) matress...she changes form regular to delicate and the dang thing eats my pillow top! Ate a hole...well the manager tries to buy me a new matress and give me discount on the kirby, only $450 not $2000 (yeah for a vacuum) I think he should buy me a new matress and give me kirby. I called my matress guy and he is checking his stock. I know there are lots of things going on in the world, the poor Floridians and east coasters are floating away...and I am mistified over a vacuum eating matress :(

On the other hand, I just pulled the beads out of my kiln and WOW i hope I can photo them, they are just brilliant. Well to me anyway.

have a great day, night, morning you all!
mary the busy mcduck

Tutti-frutti
09-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Ok, so its the 9th of september. I have just discovered this wc thread and was surprized by all the german flags I saw. kind of funny. I used to live in Berlin, and came to live here in 94. :wave: :wave: so hello to all near and far away.
gee I would like to know how many beadworkers are living in Washington state.. :cat:
Katja

Tutti-frutti
09-08-2004, 09:55 PM
oh my gosh,,,, never mind it's only wednesday the 8th.... duh.
katja

TheBlueBetween
09-08-2004, 10:01 PM
Katja - welcome! Where in WA state are you? I'm in Carnation.... next to Redmond.

MadameKali
09-08-2004, 10:15 PM
Hey all!!

Barbara, my gosh, that doesn't sound like whining at all--I'm the queen whiner around here, anyway ;) Aren't cars awful things? I think I may try to transfer closer to home and just sell mine, lol. Too much money!

Glad you're feeling better, Pam--let us know when you're tissue free ;)

Mary, a vacuum ate your pillow top??? (and.. why the heck would she want to vacuum your mattress, anyway??) That's insanity. I've never heard of mattress vacuuming. Is there something else I need to be doing?? I barely vacuum my floors, haha.

Well, today was sort of a good day. It rained all day, and having no back window, that was kind of a bad deal. On the upside, I get to go over and clean my new apartment tomorrow, and start moving in! In fact, tomorrow's my day off, but I have a full day planned--figures! And it's raining too, OH well. I have made great strides in the fine art of "letting things go." I also bought a few beadies today--just enough for a pair of earrings to match my seaglass necklace.

Speaking of jewelry, I'm gonna go check out the show and tell for today... I hope everyone had a nice day!

Tutti-frutti
09-08-2004, 11:06 PM
Hi Pam :clap:
I live in Port Orchard, close to Bremerton or lucky me about 40 miles from Frantz in Shelton. I hve never ventured out into your neck of the woods.
Katja

Beads-Me!
09-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Another quick pop in - this time on DH's laptop..... :rolleyes: Welcome to WA Katja! And Duckie - unreal!!! Geesh....

Took Max to the vet and she could find nothing wrong. We think Maxine has a muscle spasm in her neck. So we'll watch her - but she seems better tonight. Thanks for the thoughts...

See you in the morning! :wave:

Andee
09-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Mary - a matress eating vacuum? The things people come up with these days... :wink2: ;) And you weren't lying about your new beads being brilliant - they ARE! :clap:

Katja - welcome to WA! Und Gruß aus Düsseldorf! :)