PDA

View Full Version : WEDNESDAY Show'Um, No Yell'Un!

Booger
09-08-2004, 12:06 AM
I am going to officially do my part and show you the coolest/ugliest of beads. Well, that's what I first thought.......what is in the kiln is even worse/better! And I have to thank The Bone*Diva for the GREAT idea!
Thank You, Lisa...
Bonita, My First Official DAY OF THE DEAD Bead! LOOK AT THOSE TEETH! I am just the slightest bit excited....sorry.

(Bet Mary Moth didn't know the wire wrapping skills she taught would be used like this........)

HeeHee,
I Crack Up Everytime I Look At Her!
Sheryll The Easily Amused.......

Beth Myers
09-08-2004, 12:08 AM
Neato!
I also liked the guys in the bubbles. They were way cool.
Also easily amused,
Beth

Moth
09-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Neato!
I also liked the guys in the bubbles. They were way cool.
Also easily amused,
Beth

I got to see them in PERSON. :p

They really are cool. :D

More awesome work Sheryll! I love the teeth.

~~Mary

MaryBethC
09-08-2004, 12:41 AM
Sheryll,
I always enjoy seeing your work! I love the teeth :D

Here is what I have been working on. This is opal yellow and new violet. I am totally enchanted by the way the opal yellow blushes. I know - this is not news - but I also am easily amused :cat:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/14242-vr1.jpg

Briatha
09-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Sheryll Bonita is awesome!

Mary Beth I love that color combo!

Only did 1 set this week :rolleyes:
Etched Evil Purple Black Opal Yellow Silvered Ivory

Juls
09-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Sheryll,

I love your work, continuous ingenuity and originality! :clap:
This one reminds of a girl I use to know who always had a "chaw" in her lip (that's tobacco for you non southernspeak)..who was constantly walking around pulling her britches out of her butt. Nice girl, just a bit scary...Wonderful bead! just a little unsettling. :p

Mary Beth, love the soft color in your pillows. Very nice!

Briatha, you snuck in on me...those are GORGEOUS!!

~Juls

NLC
09-08-2004, 01:09 AM
Sheryll honey... Wow. I love her, but she scared Brian out of the room because he didn't want to have nightmares. Wimp. :evil:

LOVE the yellow pillows - very yummy.

Etched black always steals my heart away, Briatha. Totally lickable - except oh wait, it wouldn't look etched then, huh? :rolleyes:

My humble offering for today is an entry in the eBay BBMB group mascot challenge - a bead hog. Check him out, he's ready to fight for the beads he wants. He's smiling, but he'd snipe his mother if it meant winning his dream bead. He's hollow and when push comes to shove, he swallows beads to keep them safe.

Have a delightful day!
Nikki

Beth Myers
09-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Sheryll honey... Wow. I love her, but she scared Brian out of the room because he didn't want to have nightmares. Wimp. :evil:

LOVE the yellow pillows - very yummy.

Etched black always steals my heart away, Briatha. Totally lickable - except oh wait, it wouldn't look etched then, huh? :rolleyes:

My humble offering for today is an entry in the eBay BBMB group mascot challenge - a bead hog. Check him out, he's ready to fight for the beads he wants. He's smiling, but he'd snipe his mother if it meant winning his dream bead. He's hollow and when push comes to shove, he swallows beads to keep them safe.

Have a delightful day!
Nikki

Nikki,
That is darn clever!!!
He's cute.
Beth

kybeadmaker
09-08-2004, 02:59 AM
It's 3am and I'm still up..I just love this thread..you all are such an inspiration :) Here's my latest. Just pillows.

Beth Myers
09-08-2004, 03:03 AM
It's 3am and I'm still up..I just love this thread..you all are such an inspiration :) Here's my latest. Just pillows.

What do you mean "just pillows", Gads, they make my mouth water, BEAUTIFUL!
Beth

Vangie
09-08-2004, 06:20 AM
Booger, I just LOVE your stuff! I am watching "Bonita". It will be perfect for "Dia del los muertos". You are truly talented!

Blessings,
Vangie
:D

Crowe
09-08-2004, 06:27 AM
Beautiful pillows everyone! I set my press aside because I was getting frustrated with broken bead release when I used it. Looking at your work makes me want to try it again!

glass_beads
09-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Wow, beautiful stuff today as usual! Okay Boogers calls for another descriptive term besides beautiful in my book, but that's all I could come up with at this hour of the day :wink2: I'm always amazed at the work you all show here!

And MaryBeth, thank you for enlightening me. I had no idea about the blushing opal yellow. I have used opal yellow and have never gotten it to blush like that but I *have* seen the effect and wondered how others got that effect. Maybe it's time I reorder some so I can try for that blushing color which is so femininely romantic if you ask me.

I have to clean my beads so I can post a S&T today. I got a batch of goodies from Blue Heeler Glass yesterday and I'm pleased with the beads I made with the new goodies. Have a great day everyone!

Foofaraw
09-08-2004, 07:15 AM
Sheryll ~ man those are creepy! wouldn't want to run into one of them in the dark!
Mary Beth ~ great job getting the OY to blush consistently!
Briatha ~ those are so bright and soft at the same time!!
Nikki ~ that pig is all too adorable!!! and the beads inside are the frosting on the cake!
Harriet ~ yours are never "just pillows" they are an adventure in color!

Here's a set for the fall, titled "Fallen" It's made with a base of olive, sprinkled with goldenrod enamel and then chocolate brown leaves were added with ivory accents.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/19877-Fallen.jpg

double S
09-08-2004, 07:33 AM
Sheryll--what you can make the glass do always amazes me, what a face
Mary-- lovely pillows, must buy more opal yellow
Briatha--etched black looks so cool
Nikki-- incredible piggy
Harriet-- beautiful, bright pillows
Jenn-- great fall colors
Here are my latest going up tonight
Violets--new lavender, violet, some unknown green
Autumn--uranium yellow transparent, frit, red, orange stringer
Trinket Box--opalanios, white purple, lighter ones etched
Shatter--uranium yellow trans., shatter from my bluestone rod which broke into many little pieces
bracelet with some tiger Kaleras
can you tell I'm entranced with my mini kalera tool? :D
Lisa

KellyD
09-08-2004, 08:02 AM
Such creativity today! I wish I could comment on them all but I have leave soon, so I have to narrow it down to a few
Nikki- That is such a cute pig, and very creative!
Harriet- I always look forward to seeing your beautiful color combinations
Lisa- Your Trinket Box set is so pretty, and the Shatter set look like little lavender petals are inside, very nice.
Here's mine for the day.

Jacinthe
09-08-2004, 09:25 AM
I posted the beads before when I finished the set, now I"m gonna share with you the bracelet and earrings I made with them.

The focal beads are dented lentils made with champagne glass with goldstone frit inside, then just accent beads in transparent grass green and transparent medium topaz. Strung with czech glass.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/20424-8sept1.jpg

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

jeffwelsh23462
09-08-2004, 09:27 AM
Nikki- absolutely LOVE the pig!
i made another pig myself, gotta go take some pics of the beads and bracelets.... will list in a little while but just had to comment on your PIG. IT'S FABULOUS! :cool: :wink2:

starlightdesigns
09-08-2004, 09:32 AM
Ahhhh... g'morning, everyone!!! What gorgeous beadies!!!

I made a set for Halloween yesterday but won't get to post 'em til later... I've got to run into town this morning to run some errands...

Finally, FINALLY our little town of Clarksville has gotten a little art guild and one member has opened up a shop! I'm going there today to start selling my jewelry there. I am so excited to finally have a place locally to sell my stuff in!!! Yay!!!!

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

creativespirit
09-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Well I'm still in summer mode, so here is a lavender set! I would like peoples opinions on fall/winter colors!

Peace
Wendy :)

lepoppet
09-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I made Calico Lentils. That CBS tool is very addictive.

Maria

CharleneN
09-08-2004, 12:33 PM
Sheryll...LOL

But seriously awesome and SCAREY beads! My daugher loves your stuff. She used to be heavy into goth. I gotta get her to look at these!

And to everyone else. More beautiful and inspiring beads today. Thanks everyone for sharing your work.

Lara
09-08-2004, 12:53 PM
Lots of pretties today, but I'm going to single out Jennifer. I LOVE your beads. The outline of the leaf with stringer is a great idea and very classy.

I just have some pupmkins and candycorn. Made of BE on my HH.

Lara

Helen Simon
09-08-2004, 02:10 PM
My friends are asking for pumpkins, so this is called pumpkin rose, heehee...think that'll satisfy them? Love, Helen

Nette
09-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Wow, Yummy Eye Candy Everyone! Thanks for the show. Here are mine.
I'm on a Halloween kick, and did these last weekend. Booger, I tried making teeth too, but yours are so much better than mine. It was so much fun. Now they are on the bay.
Have a great week!
Annette

CalmWaterStudio
09-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Is it just me, or does the "Show and Tell" just seem to be getting better and better and better???!!!???

You guys are AWESOME.

Here are a couple of things I've been doing. Each of these were special orders by people wanting some of my fUnKy CaT beads that resemble RELATIVES!!! I had so much fun with them!

A Pilgrim... a Snake Charmer... and a Witch stirring her bubbling brew.

dogmaw
09-08-2004, 05:45 PM
Great stuff everyone! Here is my latest face bead.

Jo

Kalera
09-08-2004, 06:35 PM
I am soo enjoying the soft, somewhat blushing colors people are picking for Fall! Yummy. Booger, that bead about made me pee my pants.

Speaking of peeing my pants, I have to say that I repeated the phrase "Mini kalera tool" and then giggled maniacally for about a minute before pulling myself together enough to post...

Here are a few of my recentest. The first one is one of my wave series, in ink blue over silvered ivory with light topaz or some other yellowish stringer I found in the jar, and the two after that are boro... I have to admit that I'm not sure what colors I used in the first one, but the second one is Millenium Moss with Amazon Bronze frit.