PDA

View Full Version : Morning Shine 2 finished

Tom Christopher
09-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Hello Artists, I finally got around to working on ths pastel again. I wasn't happy with it so I changed a few things. One thing about Wallis paper if you don't like it you can change it or start over. All comments very welcome.
Thank you Tom

MollyUnlimited
09-07-2004, 09:08 PM
WOW! This is EXQUISITE! I am transported right there, dangling my feet in the water on the far shore, breathing in the sweet air and tring to keep those ants out of my picnic lunch! Darn, why'd I have to go and ruin a perfectly beautiful vision with ants?

This is SO lovely. The light just dances in all the right places. Love it!

- Molly

khourianya
09-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Simply stunning.

Khadres
09-07-2004, 09:17 PM
Such a secret, secluded place....good for skinny dippin', maybe? Can almost smell the moss and loamy earth! Very nice indeed!

Paula Ford
09-07-2004, 10:43 PM
Beautiful light Tom, great water...the whole thing just sings. Could you post a close up of the ground in the front next to the water?

Great painting!!

Paula

Tom Christopher
09-07-2004, 11:05 PM
Beautiful light Tom, great water...the whole thing just sings. Could you post a close up of the ground in the front next to the water?

Great painting!!

Paula

Sure --I hope this uploads --I broke down a bought a better Digital Camera and am still getting used to it--Tom

Paula Ford
09-07-2004, 11:15 PM
Thanks Tom.

So many colors...beautiful!!

Paula

prestonsega
09-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Tom ...from what I can see this is one of my favs of yours..can you post it larger..even after enlarging the thumbnail, it is less than 2" wide .

You told me that you painted this inside...what type of lighting do you use? I use 3 soft white incandescents with my rationale being that most potential clients will be seeing these paintings under that kind of light.

Khadres
09-08-2004, 12:36 AM
Good question, Preston...I'd be interested in knowing too. I have a mix of natural light flourescents and incandescent...my main challenge was getting light of ANY kind down there! I like the natural light tubes...they balance out the yellowy incandescent light. Hadn't tried white light incandescents...will try that as these burn out (should be all of five minutes...They're GE's ya know!)

Tom Christopher
09-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Tom ...from what I can see this is one of my favs of yours..can you post it larger..even after enlarging the thumbnail, it is less than 2" wide .

You told me that you painted this inside...what type of lighting do you use? I use 3 soft white incandescents with my rationale being that most potential clients will be seeing these paintings under that kind of light.

I'll try to repost this --I am trying to figure out this new camera.. I have a large white incandescent overhead with two soft spot lights on the left and rigt side. I also have a large stereo blasting 60's and 70's music. tom

karenlee
09-08-2004, 01:45 PM
Very very nice. I enjoy the many broken color details, and the sinuous curves in the composition. More! more!

Tom Christopher
09-08-2004, 07:24 PM
[QUOTE=prestonsega]Tom ...from what I can see this is one of my favs of yours..can you post it larger..even after enlarging the thumbnail, it is less than 2" wide .

Here's a larger a larger version-- thanks for commenting..Tom

SweetBabyJ
09-08-2004, 07:42 PM
Oh there it is!! Nice sense of depth, Tom, and terrific use of complements and tonal contrast (warms/cools). Bet you're pleased.

prestonsega
09-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Much better image reproduction. Thanks for accomidating me. Yes, for some reason this is my fav of yours..probably for the reason Julie mentioned...I like the complimentary color combination, and depth you achieved :clap:

ps..learning any technical gadget like a new digital camera is a frustrating process for me. I put it off as long as I possibly can :D .