PDA

View Full Version : Sky and reflection WIP

hoski
09-07-2004, 08:47 PM
Hi all
Ive started a new painting and wanted to show the progress, as it helps when I get comments while working. This one is Acrylic on canvas 40x30 cm (about 16x12 inche). I have started the sky and a part of the reflection, while on the horizon should appear a mountain (might be awhile til it will appear vissible). I quite like the colour on this although I might lighten it up somehow, by contrasting colours (red-yellow) in a pattern not yet clear, it might even turn out to be a completely different kind of colours that I use in the end.
Anyway, thank you for viewing this and comments and critique welcome.
Hoski

mooz49
09-08-2004, 05:55 PM
I like the colours in this also ............ looking forward to seeing what you do next.

hoski
09-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, here is a little update, I am thinking about exaggerating the sun a little bit, maybe make it bright orange and gradually to the right, make it yellow to lightgreen in short strokes, while still showing the green and blue through, not sure, any ideas?
Does this make sence :confused:
Hoski

mooz49
09-09-2004, 02:19 AM
Sorry I don't know enough to give you any ideas but I love your reflections.

hoski
09-09-2004, 04:49 AM
Thank you Mooz
Will try to finish the painting tonight as I want to give a friend of mine this painting tomorrow. If I manage to finish it tonight I will post the finale outcome tonight :)
Hoski

Carrie
09-09-2004, 12:01 PM
Youve got a great color relationship in this piece. great expeiment to do a sunset in all cool colors. Surreal! :clap:

Carrie

mkillough
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
Oh this is sooo cool. :cool:
Your friend is going to love this. Colors are great. :clap:
Can't wait to see the finish.

sassybird
09-09-2004, 02:15 PM
I would not change anything from what you have done so far.

hoski
09-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Well Im glad you liked it the way it was, maybe I will stop next time ;) but this time I did change it a little bit, so here comes the final outcome...hope my friend will like it the way it is, if not I have a backup painting I did some weeks ago, it is a late birthday present :)
Thanks for the comments
Hoski
P.S. it has a little bit of flash reflection at the top, I couldnt get a better picture of it...

mkillough
09-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Cool. You gave it a more pontillistic (spelled wrong-I'm sure...my mind is mush right now).. a more pontillistic look with your paint strokes. Both are great, but I do believe I like it now. I love the subdued mountains. He will love it. I would very much like a friend to give me this for my birthday. :clap:

mooz49
09-09-2004, 05:00 PM
What a terrific finish .......... well done ........I would think your friend will be so pleased with this one.

ExpressiveAngie
09-09-2004, 06:56 PM
Cool. You gave it a more pontillistic (spelled wrong-I'm sure...my mind is mush right now).. a more pontillistic look with your paint strokes. Both are great, but I do believe I like it now. I love the subdued mountains. He will love it. I would very much like a friend to give me this for my birthday. :clap:

I agree :clap: :clap:

hoski
09-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Thank you all, you are all to kind :)
Hoski

HRH Goldie
09-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Well well well - Hoski this is terrific :clap: :clap: :clap: :D

You must be so pleased with it and I hope its restored your confidence as you were on a downer with the last one.

I love the whole feeling of this painting. It creates a calming atmosphere whilst being very modern in the terms of styling. One thing I will say and this is merely personal preference. I did like those electric blue mountains - the way you had them before you knocked them back with a darker colour.

Cool work. :wink2:

Christine

mrs willow
09-10-2004, 05:03 PM
Hello Hoski!
I was most interested to find your latest wip. You have done a great job here and I love the broken color, pointillist style effect!
I do agree with Christine, though! I also liked that electric blue!
Cheers
Sandy

hoski
09-12-2004, 07:23 PM
Well, Sandy and Christine, I will propable take your advise and change the painting a little bit, as my friend was more keene on the backup painting (I told her she could pick one of two paintings), so I can still work on this one a bit more...I was just thinking how I could fix the mountains (which was the main reason she decided to pick the other one) and Im sure the electric blue is the right colour...maybe with a hint of yellow to suggest slopes, could be an idea :)
And Christine, yes this one was and is much more fun then the other one :wave:
Cheers
Hoski

hoski
11-16-2004, 05:50 PM
Wow, its been two months since I was painting last time, been quite busy doing nothing :o
Anyway, the first thing to do after all that time was to clean up the mess that was on the easel, so I decided to dive in and finish this painting... Ive put it a side but if you have any comments, feel free... hope I wont be as lazy in the next two months...
I think the picture is a little bit brighter then the original
Cheers
Hoski

Artguy29
11-16-2004, 06:00 PM
Hi Hoski,
It's nice to have you back!
Excellent painting!
I can see a little Van Gogh refelcted in this.
Nice colors and technique.
Well done :clap: !

Dave

hoski
11-16-2004, 06:35 PM
Thank you Dave, it's nice to be back, I will try to squease some time in to do some painting, but other activities have taken up most of my time recently, I guess I have a limited attention span :D but painting should be on top of all other activities as it so much fun and relaxing :wave:
Cheers
Hoski

Bertoni
11-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Hoski:
What a truly exciting painting you've created!! Wonderful color relationships and I love those brush strokes put down in dabs! It has a terrific look!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mark Newton
11-17-2004, 12:09 AM
I like this one, its rugose but fine. For me personally probably a little too much green in the sun area, but that's personal choice, it still works ok.

mrs willow
11-23-2004, 03:55 PM
This looks really brilliant Hoski! I love the richness of the colour! It looks as though you had lots of fun painting this.
That blue is just the best blue!
Sandy

hoski
11-23-2004, 05:05 PM
Thank you, Bertoni, Mark and Sandy, I really had loads of fun doing this painting and since it took me two months to complete, you might say I was having fun for two months!! hehe ;)
I think I will leave it as it is now :)
Cheers
Hoski