PDA

View Full Version : Reference Image site for artists

lensman
09-07-2004, 07:29 PM
Found this site recently and thought I'd share it. They have 6000+ images for artists to use as reference for their own works (copyrighted images), and have only been around two months.

www.artmorgue.com

Glenn

pameladallaire
09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
It looks like some of these images may be copyrighted. Pam

jbitzel
09-08-2004, 08:27 AM
I don't know, doesn't sound entirely legit. How could a site like that not know what photos are copywrited? If they are stock then the photographer would have included tons of info, I wonder if they just googled? :confused: Seems like all of the pics are small like 13k? I think I will add some photos to the WC library in a few days, and I encourage everybody to do the same. That site may be worth looking up next year some time and see how its progressing.

Frostie7
09-08-2004, 03:22 PM
I recognize several of the photos from stock photography sites - I would be extremely cautious about using any of them.

DeusExMachina
09-09-2004, 03:59 AM
I'm not impressed.
Poor quality, low res images make for some useless reference material if you're looking for detail in (for example) gothic dresses or sword handles.

I think the creators of this site are also in for some pretty hefty copyrights lawsuits.

lensman
09-10-2004, 08:08 AM
It looks like some of these images may be copyrighted. Pam

And that is why I said as reference for artist's own works, i.e. not for sale, and did say that they were copyrighted. In fact, just as the images here on WC are for reference only - you don't get the copyright.

Glenn

lensman
09-10-2004, 08:14 AM
I'm not impressed.
Poor quality, low res images make for some useless reference material if you're looking for detail in (for example) gothic dresses or sword handles.

As reference material they are fine. If, however you want to paste into Photoshop and manipulate to produce a 300dpi magazine quality image, then, no, they are not suitable.

The below image is only 22k but contains a lot of detail.

MsLilypond
09-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Art Morgues terms and conditions:
Image Usage Policy

ArtMorgue.com is resource website for artists. All of the images contained on our website are to be used as reference materials only! Images may not be downloaded and included for another graphic design purpose. They can not be digitally altered and used in other programs or 'copy & pasted' into other images. None of the images contained on this website may be used in other image collections (of any kind), without written consent from our management.
Copyright Issues

We gather images from many sources for this site and our own members can upload images as well. As such, some of the images contained on this website may be copyrighted. We use our best efforts to not include images that we know are copyrighted, without consent from the original artist/photographer. If you see an image that you own the copyright to, please let us know and we will be happy to remove the image from our archive, or give you appropriate credit (and a website link if desired) next to the image. Many of the images on this site, we have photographed ourselves, and we own the copyright to them.
Privacy Policy

Your privacy is very important to us. We do not sell or give away your personal information (name, email address, mailing address, etc.) to any other company or 3rd party. Website 'cookies' are used on our site to remember who you are, so that you do not need to login with every visit to the website. All requests to be removed from our mailing lists are promptly honored and our site uses the highest standard of credit card encryption and secure server technologies when paying for our services