View Full Version : flowers on a blue table

Einharjar
09-07-2004, 03:36 PM
a simple still life - about 12" by 10". C&C please
Sam

Paula Ford
09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Hi Sam,

Your colors are lovely! I have a couple of suggestions and that is to darken up the shadow on the right bottom of the vase. It would probably make it a bit more dramatic. Also, maybe a couple more flowers much taller than the other ones. The size of this vase makes the flowers look a bit small.

Hope this helps.

Paula

khourianya
09-09-2004, 04:06 PM
I agree that the flowers look a tad small for the size of the vase, but perhaps if you had some spilling out of the vase and cascading along the side of it, it would cover the fact...just a thought!

I think your colours are lovely, though. Good job!

Dyin
09-09-2004, 11:36 PM
Sam...you're really busy with softies and oilies too! I guess compositionally the suggestions are good, but I sort of like the charm of this. The curtain instead of a door and sun shining makes me think of a small village home. And the little flowers in a big vase makes me think a child picked some spring flowers for mom and they've been presented in the 'special' vase to please the child. I do think you should try to get stronger contrast in your work though, try to push your darks a little more and when you do you'll see how much brighter the rest looks. A lovely piece though. :clap:

Einharjar
09-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Thanx..guys

paula...i think i will take up ur suggestion abt darks at the bottom of the vase...but i'll keep the flower bunch small...i like sue's story regarding them. i agree though that a large bunch would make the picture much more dramatic.
I think i need to up the contrats a tad, all over.

thx again.