PDA

View Full Version : Where's your fav place to buy beads and stuff?

debkauz
09-07-2004, 11:14 AM
Just wondering where and, maybe how, everyone accumulated their 'stash' of beads and findings and such. I started at Ayla's in Evanston, Il and went nuts! I always get a lot at bead and button each year, too. Then there's eBay...I get much of my lampwork from there. I'm always looking for new sources so I just thought I would ask. I am especially looking for beads to do a SS bracelet with. ( I HATE my bad grammar but am too lazy to change it) So ladies...post your sites!

Deb

framerak
09-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Hi Deb~

Seems like I spend an incredible amount of money at my local bead shops (I'm lucky and have three within 20 miles). Usually get my pearls there although I occasionally find some at shows. Most of my silver comes from shows or Rio Grande (just discovered them and OMG!! Heaven!).

I get my Swarovski online from either Gerri's Crystals or INM and my lampwork from Ebay & JustBeads.com.

My gemstones usually come from shows or various bead shops - I find that I want to "inspect" them before I buy them so I don't usually get them online. I'm still buying seed beads from my local store but will probably start getting them online after reading some posts about great places online.

Interested in what others do~
Angela

LLane
09-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Deb..... check out the sticky on Jewelry at the top.... I think we all listed a bunch of on-line places we like!!!

But personally..... I LOVE to put my hands on stuff before I buy it..... so I like to go the the shows..... Intergem show is the one that I've been to several times here in Ohio.... they travel around and have lots of gems/stones/glass and silver.

Good luck!
Lois

BBsBaubles
09-07-2004, 10:15 PM
I have to travel a distance to get to bead shows so most of my stash comes from the following:

Lampwork - eBay
Stones, pearls and Bali - Local bead store and Fire Mountain Gems
Sterling silver, gold fill and crystal - INM and Astral Beads

As Lois mentioned, the sticky at the top of this forum is a wealth of informationi as far supplier links is concerned and you will be engrossed for hours! ;)