PDA

View Full Version : Shutters & Lace

Adair_P
09-07-2004, 07:08 AM
Posted this in The Figure Forum, but thought I'd put it here too.
This is a full sheet pastel I'm nearly finished working on..... some touching up to do yet. I usually work on Mi-tientes pastel paper, but this new support (for me anyhow) is like fine sandpaper and really eats up your pastels quickly. :mad:

CarlyHardy
09-07-2004, 11:28 AM
Adair,
your lighting in this is awesome. It was the first thing that got my attention especially the way the light forms the leg beneath the lace.

Take a look at the hand touching the face....something about the fingers. No gradation of length makes it look like all fingers and no thumb.

Hope you'll share more of your figures with us! Your work is beautiful.
carly

Kathryn Day
09-07-2004, 12:02 PM
Hi,
Beautiful figure! The transparency of the lace is great!

Dark_Shades
09-07-2004, 12:54 PM
Beautiful !!!!!!! :clap:

K Taylor-Green
09-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Wonderful piece! Love the lace.

MarciaJane
09-07-2004, 01:47 PM
A wonderful piece of work here. Love the lace !! You have captured this beautifully.

Well done ! :)

http://marciar.port5.com/

Einharjar
09-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Hi. this is the first picture ive looked at after my long layoff from WC, and i just realised how much i must have missed. this is an absolutely stunning piece. the way u've captured the light, and the delicate handling of the lace is just awesome. u've managed to retain the freshness and immediacy of the painting despite the delicate detail work - that is something i've always struggled with. single great!!! :clap: :clap:
Sam

E-J
09-07-2004, 04:15 PM
This is a lovely pastel. The soft glowing skin and shimmery highlights on the lace are, as others have said, very beautiful. What support is it you're using?

billiam
09-07-2004, 06:47 PM
wow, this is great. bill

Khadres
09-08-2004, 12:32 AM
Beautifully done! Well worth the pastels eaten up by the paper! Love the lighting especially!

prestonsega
09-08-2004, 01:11 AM
Absolutely stunning.........technically enviable. :clap:

Adair_P
09-08-2004, 07:50 AM
First of all thank you all very, very much for looking and posting your comments.

Carly.... thanks for mentioning the hand. Luka said it looked like I couldn't get the model off the mobile phone ! So I've reworked it a bit..... please see if this is better. TY

I also reworked all the dark shadows, put in more colour to make it more interesting and softer. The right foot now looks more like a foot, but I may still chop a bit of length off the toe. (There's a name for people like me, isn't there?! :evil: )

E-J.... the support is called 'beaux art pastel papers'. That is what it says on the edge, and that is all I know about it ..... I bought it at an art shop sale. I could get to like it, it has a lovely tooth.

Thanks again everyone. :wave:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Sep-2004/44092-ShuttersLace._Pastel_2.jpg