PDA

View Full Version : another beach one

ExpressiveAngie
09-06-2004, 08:54 PM
14x18
the pic is horrible but it was rainy outside and I can never take a good inside pic of a painting...I did this today, took most of the day off and on C and C always okay

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/29518-lifeguard.jpg

billiam
09-06-2004, 09:38 PM
looking good, yer on a roll. great comp. bill

Gillette
09-07-2004, 02:13 AM
Hi Angie
Love this one as well as your previous one especially after you added a lone figure.
Nice colours and a sense of peace.
Jane.

ExpressiveAngie
09-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Thank you Bill and Jane, I was hoping to get a better pic today but it is still raining and ugly. I like doing these beach sences and am going for ideal instead of realistic.

Marty C
09-07-2004, 09:57 AM
Hi Angie,
Simple but very effective composition, sets up a nice circular motion. The different size forms with a common red colour are quite clever in keeping the eyes centered in the work. Good colour unity too with some beach colour in the sky. You have pulled off a little gem here! :clap:

SherylG
09-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Very nice painting! Beautiful!

sassybird
09-07-2004, 12:45 PM
I've noticed that you like red, and that is a good eye catching color. You have a good composition with good negative space for the eye to rest. I like this one better than your previous one, but I liked that one also.

ExpressiveAngie
09-07-2004, 06:38 PM
Marty, if you say its a gem it must be...I feel so happy now I am about to burst! Thank you.

Sheryl thank you too!

Sassybird - how clever you are to notice my true affection for the color red. I am so excited yall like this painting, thatnk you!

HRH Goldie
09-10-2004, 04:19 PM
Nice one Angie - good to see you working on a theme. It suits you :clap:

By the way - didn't think the negative comments were justified on your other one. I personally didn't think it mattered that you couldn't see the horizon - that's not what the painting was about or you'd have included one - right? :D

Keep it up girl you're going great guns.

Christine

ExpressiveAngie
09-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanks Christine.
My champion :D --- I appreciate your thoughts always.

I will try to finish another beach painting today....

Ursus17
09-11-2004, 08:45 AM
Yes, more more more! I love your beach paintings!!

I think you did a good job with the wave, especially. Its one of those long, slow, lazy waves you see on a clear day.

Where is my beach towel and book? I want to jump into your painting and spend the day!