Yes the mirror on the wall is cracked.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Oct-2001/bob3.jpg
Hair to the point? Got's none!

mame
10-20-2001, 10:46 AM
Okay, Shakes. This is getting closer.

bug
10-20-2001, 03:35 PM
Hey pretty scary if you ask me. I like it but those eyes give me the willies (ha-ha). pretty :cool:

ThinkSeeDraw
10-27-2001, 11:05 AM
this picture is so cool! I really like how you made the grain of the canvas to give it added character. I would like to know what this is done with though

ShakesWilson
10-27-2001, 11:39 AM
It is digital art. I did it on the computer with a mouse as a brush. I am on a quest to free computer art from the filter that delutes the personnal. That is the filter that blocks individuality and mutes the exppression of spirit. Using a computer Van Gogh would look like he had been poured from a can.

colorme
10-28-2001, 06:27 PM
i like it :cool:

Pink
11-18-2001, 11:26 PM
ShakesWilson--
this is going to sound absolutly mad but i have a question for you. did you ever have an article published about you in a magazine that was called "scholastic art" or something like that? i remember my art teacher reading us a magazine and in the back it had an article about a young man with a self portrait done digitally that looked strikingly similar in technique to yours here. it was an older issue, perhaps with van gogh on the cover but i'm not sure. its been a while since i've seen it. i was just wondering. i know this sounds so crazy but thats the first thing i thought of when i saw your self portrait here and it got me a little curious.
thanks, and i do love this piece. its great.

Pink

jasper
11-19-2001, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ShakesWilson
I am on a quest to free computer art from the filter that delutes the personnal. That is the filter that blocks individuality and mutes the exppression of spirit.

I have been a fan of computer generated art from the moment I saw a fractal. Ray tracing, pixar's movies, computers have opened a whole new method of art making.

I've seen everything from hyper-realistic to painterly to abstract, as you have here.

I find that there are only a few provincial types who still don't accept digital art as true art, but every new thing must face that. remember the impressionists? when Michelangelo first saw oils, he said they "were for women and children" but not serious artists.

Using a computer Van Gogh would look like he had been poured from a can.

huh?

jeanette*

Jan-Michael
11-20-2001, 08:12 PM
love those eyes...took me a second to focus on them... digital art is here to stay my friend... we are all learning...:)

LornaM
11-28-2001, 01:12 AM
very nice folding out of colors...this is my favorite so far ! cool !