PDA

View Full Version : S&T Monday, September 6, 2004

Andee
09-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Hi everybody!

Are you all so busy keeping up with the CA-threat that you don't have time anymore to work on some yummy wearable art? ;)

Here's my piece for today: After all the chunky bracelets I wanted something lighter, with only a few beads. I'm not a bangle-kind-of-person. I like the look, but not so much the feel of them. (This is just from my one and only meager bangle-try-out, tho!) So I tried something vaguely bangle-like in look, but flexible and light in wear: the bangle-wannabe... Don't be too hard on the lampwork ;), these are my fave wonkies from my early lampworking days!

Mary Riggs
09-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Andee, wonkies and all, just beautiful. I really like the pink/raspberry combination.

Nothing to contribute today.........recovering from having grandkids here before school starting tomorrow. Yeah!

carebear
09-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Beautiful work Andee.... :) I like the color combination...truly!

I've made 5 pairs of earrings today, and a WUB. What's a WUB?

World's Ugliest Bracelet.

Sigh.

Sometimes I think when you get halfway through a project, and you KNOW it isn't going your way, you should just rip it out then and there instead of seeing it through to the bitter end. If not, you end up with something like this!

Here's my version of a garden bracelet...Rainbow Fish. (yes, I need to take lessons on how to make a garden bracelet)

just remember not to make too much fun of a newbie or I'll tell your mothers!

Carrie :cat:

framerak
09-06-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi All~

I'm a newbie but wanted to say that I love all the eye candy! Makes me want to bead 24 hours a day!

Carrie, your bracelet is much to fun and spunky to be a WUB candidate. I'm afraid I've cornered that market myself a few times. :rolleyes:

I'm working on a spiny fringy necklace thing (I blame all of you for getty me on the fringe kick lately!). I found Juls' tutorial on caterpillar bracelets and am using that as a guide. Using blue/goldish firepolish and an assortment of gold tone size 8's. Found a few lampworks in my stash to add to the mix but wasn't able to come up with a good focal bead so it's going to be a spiny focal-less kind of conglomeration. Hope to post a pic when it's done.

I'm rambling - just wanted to say I'm enjoying all of your posts and learning so much from all of you.

Back to play in my bead soup~
Angela

Leah Max
09-06-2004, 08:12 PM

Sigh.

Sometimes I think when you get halfway through a project, and you KNOW it isn't going your way, you should just rip it out then and there instead of seeing it through to the bitter end. If not, you end up with something like this!

Here's my version of a garden bracelet...Rainbow Fish. (yes, I need to take lessons on how to make a garden bracelet)

Leah Max
09-06-2004, 08:12 PM

Sigh.

Leah Max
09-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Carrie,

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's pretty funny, the things that I have made and thought were really ugly have often been the first things to sell. So what does that mean? ...some people like ugly?....they paid money because they thought it was beautiful.

Leah :confused: :wave:

MadameKali
09-06-2004, 10:03 PM
I don't see anything ugly here :-p Andee, I LOVE those beads that are lighter pink with darker pink swirlies all around them! Those would be cool in, I dunno, orange ;)

Nothing from me today... I've been at work all darned day!

dogmaw
09-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Carrie, that bracelet is fun! If you don't like it, send it to me. :evil:

Andee, lovely pink!!

And here is a little something from me.

Jo

tamjai
09-06-2004, 10:08 PM
wow - slim pickins' today! - well....okay...it IS a holiday!
andee that bracelet is good enough to eat - tdf :D
carrie that definitely is not in worlds ugliest catagory! - it looks like fun to me
okay - i think i got the even-count peyote thing finally... I made this from start to finish since i got home from work at five-thirty(no holiday for me :crying: )
i found a bracelet in oct2002 B&B called 'tiered bracelet' and the instructions helped. i didn't really do the tier part because my seedbeads are czech and very round - they don't 'sit' nicely on top of each other. i also messed up the tapering part - still don't get decreasing!! i followed the pattern as closely as i could and here it is....maybe now i can get to work on my freeform(LOL) -
tam

beadyeyedgirls
09-06-2004, 10:56 PM
tam, are there pearls in there? that bracelet is *very* rich looking! lotsa depth & interest there. great job!!!

TheBlueBetween
09-06-2004, 11:45 PM
Hi all :) It's a holiday weekend here in the states Andee - that may be why things seem so slow... yummy bracelet BTW! Are those hollow beads?

Carrie I think it's a great try and I can see your inspiration in it - I would love to try it on - I have a feeling it's not THAT bad and might even be kinda cool!

Jo, that looks interesting... I think I need a bigger picture tho ? It's hard to see what all is going on there.

Tam, your bracelet is really great! It almost looks like a Kate McKinnon shag carpet of pearls only not. Maybe just a shag runner ;) The colors are very rich and luxurious. Great job!

I have only half done things at the moment... so maybe tomorrow.

:) Pam

Andee
09-07-2004, 04:31 AM
Thanks for your nice comments! :)

Carrie - welcome! :) I like your bracelet, it definitely isn't a WUB! I think it just needs a bit more in the green and white area, the other colours look somewhat fuller... Or is it just the pic?

Leah - welcome, too! :)

And Angela - I already welcomed you in the new S&T! :)

Susie - was that a hint? ;)

Jo - nice pendant, I would like to see a larger pic of the bead! :)

Tam - great work, the bracelet looks very rich! I didn't notice anything wrong with it! :)

Pam - nope, no hollow beads! :)

MadameKali
09-07-2004, 09:53 AM
Why, Andee, whatever made you think that? *whistles innocently*

Tam, wow! I love it, and I am not generally a fan of seed bead jewelry. Lovely!

Mary Riggs
09-07-2004, 05:06 PM
Nothing from me today (9/7!), still fiddling with the d*** clasp for my latest. Better late than sorry!

Carrie, I can't see the picture very well from here, but your bracelet could be viewed as ABSTRACT, which is another way to look at it. I think it is very pretty myself.

Tam, I agree w/ Jessica and the others, your bracelet has a very 'classy' look to it. Where did you find the pattern, you say? From Juls tutorial? How do I find it? I would just love to learn the pattern :D