PDA

View Full Version : WIP "Route 7"

Bertoni
09-06-2004, 07:47 AM
Here's a WIP on one am working on. 16x20". Updates soon! :) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/28168-WIP_Rte_7.jpg

Artguy29
09-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Looking great so far! I see you have used more or less the same style as "French Village". Is this your main style?

Dave

romell
09-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Wowie, nice vibrant colors! It's your trade mark, Bertoni. :)

Bertoni
09-06-2004, 08:42 AM
Dave: I guess so, I'm trying to develop an impressionist style of painting with acrylics! :)

Romel: Thanks for the "trademark" designation!!! That's nice to hear!!! :)

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-06-2004, 10:51 AM
Nice,...After doing some research on this site,...I notice how your painting some different things that stand out for me. In the distance, the mountains are hazed in behind the closer mountains, the middle ground has warmer colors that seperate the middle from the foreground. I lke the shades of green in the foreground. Not that I'm a expert but I feel that the focal point of the house in the distance is ok, but the larger colored area next to it takes away from the painting. I would tone this area down by making it smaller and keep the same vibriant colors. I would also give the painting a second interest by doing this and make them diagnal from each other.

I love the painting, and oh yea,...just so you will know, I read alot yesterday to learn what I just said. This is just my opinion from what I have learned coming here. If I'm out of line I opoligize.

God Bless,...Steven ;) :D

Carrie
09-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi Bertoni. I think you have some interesting stuff going on I know you are in the early stages of this painting but you can just charge forward and if you don't like what is happening, wait an hour and you can paint over the dried paint. I think you should consider a definite (value/color) change from middle ground and foreground and possibly a curved roadway or stream to help lead the viewers eye into your painting. The blue haze you have on the hills in the background is very effective. I like the use of complementary colors in the foliage along side the house. I would like to see more colors like those in a few more areas of the painting. I hope you post updates to this soon.

Carrie

You can take my suggestions with a grain of salt :wave:

Bertoni
09-06-2004, 12:53 PM
Carrie:
Steven:
Thanks for your take on the painting. However it's only 30 percent done at this point! Only the good Lord knows where I'll be taking it re: points of interest, color, textures etc, etc, etc. When he tells me, I'll be posting it again when finished!!! :)

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Bertoni,... you have a great start on this painting. Looking good!!!

God Bless,...Steven ;)

Bertoni
09-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Steve: Thanks again...this one is moving along...slow but it's coming!!
It's funny with these paintings...you start out and it goes along and am not sure if it's going to work out...and then suddenly as you paint....Aha! it starts too look good! Well I hope that happens with this painting.
We'll see!!:)

ExpressiveAngie
09-06-2004, 08:33 PM
What a treat - thanks for doing the wip

Bertoni
09-07-2004, 12:20 AM
Angie:
You're very welcome! I should be posting the finish today sometime!! :)

Gillette
09-07-2004, 02:29 AM
Hi Bertoni
Have looked at many of your postings and love the way you use colour and your semi-impressionist style.
Your paintings have a very individual style and are most interesting, I'm sure by the time you get to the 'finale'of this one it will be just as good and interesting. I look forward to seeing it.
I don't have much artistic jargon in my mouth but I know what appeals to me and looks right.
Keep on painting
Jane.

Bertoni
09-07-2004, 08:46 AM
Jane: Thanks much!! Here is the update around 90 percent done! :) http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Sep-2004/28168-Rte_7_update.jpg

romell
09-07-2004, 09:14 AM
Really wonderful, Bertoni. It looks very calm place.

Bertoni
09-07-2004, 09:42 AM
romell:
Yes, it was a really calm place! A lot of farmland there! :)

hoski
09-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Wonderful, I love your Impressionist style, Im now reading a book about Monet and his art and it really makes me want to try it with my Acrylics, must be easier though in Oils I reccon...
Well done :clap:

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Looking good,... giving me some ideas!

Blessings,...Steven ;) :clap:

Bertoni
09-07-2004, 12:44 PM
Hoski and Steve:
Thanks for the good words!!
Hoski...I'd be doing oils with the impressionist style I'm trying to develop, but am allergic to the stuff. So acrylics are the medium for me!!!