PDA

View Full Version : Platypus Dreaming

AstrayLiana
09-06-2004, 06:20 AM
[LEFT][FONT=Lucida Console]Hello everyone. I have been a member since January, but this will be my first post, so I thought I would put in a photo of my first major piece. I called it Platypus Dreaming and it was done in the style of the Australian aborigines. It was comissioned from my grandson's school, where it now hangs. Any critique would be appreciated as I am endeavouring to improve my skill and artistic approach. :wave:

Artguy29
09-06-2004, 08:14 AM
Welcome to the acrylics forum :wave: Your picture did not show up. If you are having trouble uploading your pictures, check out the new user forum. Search the previous threads and if you can't find anything, feel free to post a new one. Looking forward to seeing your work.

Dave

Bam - Steve O Rama
09-06-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey Astrayliana,...I'm new here also and new to acrylic painting as well. looking forward to meeting others here and wanted to welcome you to WC.
Let's see the painting.

Thanks,...Steven ;)

AstrayLiana
09-07-2004, 01:47 AM
Sry folks, I was having trouble with the size of my photo, but have ironed it out now. Hope this works... here it is.... :clap:

Carrie
09-07-2004, 01:57 AM
wow, am I glad you brought this back and resized your pi. It's great!
I think this is traditional aberigini style art? Highly designed and graphic.
Keep up the good work and also welcome to Wet canvas. It's a pretty fun place to visit.

Carrie

Lulu
09-07-2004, 05:09 AM
Wow Ann, what an entry into wetc! Great painting! Welcome:)

ExpressiveAngie
09-07-2004, 07:42 AM
That is so IMPRESSIVE. So glad you resized it for us :clap:

Marty C
09-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi AstrayLiana (good name!)
Welcome to Wet Canvas. :wave:
You have certainly started with a bang, that is a huge piece and very well done too. What is the support?
Great to see. I'll be interested to see any other work you have after this impressive entry.

jbitzel
09-07-2004, 12:50 PM
wow thats huge, what a great piece for the school environment. :clap: