PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At Monday, September 6, 2004

Andee
09-06-2004, 03:35 AM
Good morning everybody!

I just had a slightly spooky experience... My cats, Julius and Piri, which I had for 16 and 17 years, died more than 3 resp. 2 years ago. And I still miss them, so much... Last night I dreamed of Julius. Nothing weird about that, it happens now and then and it always makes me sad to wake up and find out it has only been a dream and he's really gone... No different this morning. I got up, showered, and when I got back to my bedroom to dress I found, on top of a chest of drawers, right where I would see it, a hair of a cat's moustache. I live alone, my appartment is on the third floor, there's no way a cat could come in here, so how did that hair get there? Right now?

Andee - don't give up hope for all the applications you've sent in. You never know when someone might find your resume and decide to call you. The job I have now was filled by the person I was interviewing against. He majorly messed up so 3 months later I get a call that they would like for me to come in for an interview and they hired me on the spot. You just never know. You'll get a job, give yourself a break today and start fresh tomorrow.

Barbara - it doesn't work like that here. When we apply for a job, we have to send in a whole folder of stuff - photo, resume, details of our former jobs, reference-letters, certificates, and so on. If you don't get the job, they have to send that folder back to you, they don't keep a thing. So it's not likely that eventually somebody will come across my stuff... No, those old applications are over and done, there's only hope for the ones I didn't hear anything from yet.... Btw, can't wait to see what you made for the CA! :)

Lori, Pat and Susie - thanks for your nice words yesterday! :)

I wish you all a good start for the new week! :)

tamjai
09-06-2004, 07:24 AM
good morning everyone :wave:
andee - job hunting is almost always a demoralizing activity - it sounds like the system where you live makes it a lot more work than it should be on top of that - at the very least, you can come home and vent to us!
your cat question - that is a wee bit spooky???
to all who follow - hope you had great holiday weekends :D
ttyl - tam

debkauz
09-06-2004, 07:50 AM
Mornin' all

Andee, that is a bit spooky but somehow quite conforting. I had my Smudge for a long time, too and I 'see' him every once in a while. He wasn't the cat Ifelt closest too, but he's the one who shows up on occasion. Keep your chin up. The right job will come when it's the right time.

Tam-happy holiday to you as well! Have a great day and a safe one.

I am at work--of course--so DH is going to smoke ribs today. It's really nice to have a guy that likes to cook! It just seems like I haven't had a holiday weekend with him all summer.

Has anyone in my local area-or anywhere else for that matter- ever driven around Lake Michigan? DH and I usually take a long trip once or twice a year, but with everything with my mom this year we haven't done anything. I was thinking that it might be nice to drive around the lake and stay in a few B&B's. Any suggestions?!

Have a great holiday everyone!

Deb

LLane
09-06-2004, 07:54 AM
Good Morning Andee and Tam... and all other Monday readers!
Andee..... don't think spooky... just smile and enjoy your little visit!!! :D I have decided that there are many things I can't comprehend... so why fight with it??? :D

Tam.... I agree... Andee.... glad you can come and "vent" with your buddies here!!

I'm busy setting up a trial run of a new booth set up for an art fair next weekend... hoping that Frances runs out of rain before she gets up here next weekend!!! and gives us good weather for this event.

All the best to everyone today and this week..... (I should be scarce this week... as I have TONS of work to do that I have put off... but you know me.. I'll probably be sneaking in!!!)

Peace,
Lois

I miss Shirley.... if you find this Shirley..... give us a sign you and mom are doing ok??? Lots of good thoughts your way!

edit.... Hi Deb.... a drive around the lake sounds great!!! I don't know of any BB exactly..... but don't miss staying near Saugatauk.... we stayed at a fab little 50s style motel there where we watched the sun go down over the lake ... it might have actually been in Douglas?...... right on the lake. Enjoy

Gingerbiscuit
09-06-2004, 08:57 AM
Hi Andee, Tam, Deb, Lois and all who stop by.

Andee, the right job is waiting for you. It will be perfect for you. I agree with Deb, I think the whisker is comforting. Lois is right Ė there are many things we donít understand.

Have a great day! :)

McDuck
09-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Hello Everyone! I am back now. Well kinda back! Still busy I have to clean the house today with Dan as we are having a small picnic, I have a ton of shell orders to get out and some copper. A huge copper order to place tomorrow. I really wanted to get downstairs in the studio to make more ceramic and glass pendants, will just have to wait and see. I want to cut some copper tubing and make enamal beads too. Bought some neat beads yesterday at intergem and want to do some design work also. I am way behind on everything!!!

Hope you have all had a wonderful week, ours was the BEST!

Andee- I too am doing the job thing...lots of resumes, no jobs. Oh well I just keep plodding forward. Have a few side things in the fire, if they pan out that would mean I can keep doing my beads too.

Deb- I have the name of a wonderful little B&B on the michigan side. Let me get thename again and will pm you the info. The owners were my Dad's best friends. :wink2:
Yes Shirley, where are you and how goes it with your Mom!! We miss you!!

Good Day and Happy Labor Day to you all!
Mary

MadameKali
09-06-2004, 09:26 AM
Good morning, and I hope everyone living in a country that celebrates it is having a nice labour day ;)

I'm not actually even sure why I am awake right now. *shrugs* I do have to work today, which is kind of a bummer, but at least it's a long shift with time and a half--I'm basically going to get paid for one of my days off. What a nice check that will be :)

I should probably make some jewelry soon... I tried to start a hemp necklace last night, but I was too tired to do anything but try not to fall asleep during a movie!

all right, I need breakfast. Ciao, everyone :)

Edit: Welcome back, Mary!

Andee
09-06-2004, 09:40 AM
You guys really are the best, thank you all! :)

When I wrote spooky I really didn't mean scary spooky, just, well, a bit weird... Of course, the thought that they're still around me, somehow, is comforting...

Tam - yeah, applying for a job here is not only more work, but it's also more expensive, one application costs about 8 or 9 Euro (which very roughly is 7 or 8 $), not counting the time and money for research...

Lynne - now why couldn't I remember the word whisker myself? Duh, I knew that word! "hair of a cat's moustache" *shakes head* :D ;)

Lois - good luck with the art fair and the weather. I hope Frances won't be as bad as the last one!!

Mary - welcome back and good luck for your job hunt!

TheBlueBetween
09-06-2004, 11:25 AM
Hi everyone :) Welcome back Mary ! And hello to Shirley too - she did pop in a few days ago in the lush garden project and answered my thank you.

Andee I think there are things we will just never know and if it comforts you, then take it for what it is to you. I miss my kitty too - when I dream of him I wake up sad. I would take a wisker anyday :cat:

We are going to try to take Luke canoeing today. I wanted to kayak, DH says let's use the canoe we have rather than renting a kayak. Ah well, we will see who is right about a canoe being tippy'er than a kayak. Hope I'm wrong. I think I'm going to ask for a kayak for Christmas ;)

Hope you are all enjoying your day :)

Hugs,
Pam

beclectic
09-06-2004, 11:33 AM
Andee - cats are mysterious creatures, as I'm sure they find us the same. Maybe Julius knows you miss him and is trying to tell you he thinks of you too. Why no new cat in your life? Maybe one is coming your way and Julius is telling you to get ready.

Whisker or hair of a cat's moustache, we knew what you meant. :)

What is the reasoning behind making a system so cumbersome? Why a picture, so they can descriminate against you if you don't have the right look? I guess we take too many things for granted here. It will be like that soon here, right church, right look, right cloths, right connections, right family that is where our current people in office are taking us, it is really scary for a person that isn't any of those correct things.

Welcome back Mary, hope you had a wonderful time.

Susie, its a shame you have to work today but I guess some do. At least you'll be making some extra spending money.

Tam, Lynne, Lois - hello :wave: and have a great day.

Deb - the trip around the lake sounds fun, especially if you wait a little and catch the turning leaves.

I'm cleaning house a little today. I have to keep taking breaks as my back starts hurting and I have to stop for a while. Stupid back. Why can't it just behave like it is supposed to.

Have a fun and productive day,

Andee
09-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Why no new cat in your life? Maybe one is coming your way and Julius is telling you to get ready.

Barbara - no, somehow it just didn't and doesn't feel "right" for me to get a new cat. I shared nearly half my life with these two, and if I got a new one it would feel (to me) as if I tried to replace them, and that just isn't possible. It may work for others, but I can't do it.

What is the reasoning behind making a system so cumbersome? Why a picture, so they can descriminate against you if you don't have the right look? I guess we take too many things for granted here. It will be like that soon here, right church, right look, right cloths, right connections, right family that is where our current people in office are taking us, it is really scary for a person that isn't any of those correct things.

I dunno why, but that's how it is here. They can judge you by your looks, they can tell you "no thanks, you're too old" (yeah, we have to give DOB, too), or whatever... This all makes it already really difficult to get as far as getting an interview... Well, no use fretting, I can't change it...

Hope your back won't give you too much trouble!

Pam - have fun canoeing! :)

debkauz
09-06-2004, 01:25 PM
Mary, I would love that! Thanks!

Deb

beadyeyedgirls
09-06-2004, 03:39 PM
we're stuck in the house, courtesy of frances...but i can't get any jewelry done b/c my kids (6, 3, & 1) have cabin fever, too! we've been reading books, cleaning the playroom, watching tv... at least we haven't lost power (my fil has been w/o power since thurs). but boy, i'm stir crazy, & the schools are all closed tomorrow...