PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day S&t

Juls
09-06-2004, 01:28 AM
Happy Labor Day everyone!

First set from me is Moretti: Ochre yellow(actually an olive green, why do they call it yellow? :confused: ), ink blue, and special light brown.

Second was inspired by the tanzanite color discussion in the tech forum...I mixed up my own colors based on reading and came up with these: ink blue, blue lavender and vetrofond clear. This collection really has an awesome color shift in different light. :clap:

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!
~Juls

margaretz
09-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Juls- Great sets... fantastic work on precision and color. The second- tanzanite-inspired set- is my favorite. Great job!

Here's two recent focals, the first a fritted "Meteorologicals" series bead and the second a mini-study in ambers... mostly iris gold frit. Happy Labor Day everyone!

saucy
09-06-2004, 02:29 AM
Those first posts are amazing! Wow!

I have a few out in the last couple of days. I've been working on bat orders and a second bat vessel is in the kiln now. I have been playing with Val's raku frit and it's very pretty. I finally read some threads that said you need to cool it on a brass surface and the colors have popped.

Virginia L.
09-06-2004, 04:13 AM
Good Labor Day morning - I pray our Florida members are all ok!!!
Oh, Juls, great beads - I just love your dot control - major envy here- very pretty!!!
Margaret, well, everything you do is so beautiful - incredibly colors - would just love to own one of them
Cute bats Saucy, beautiful beads - what do you use for the meshing - that looks cool

From me another fishy and some more stars - the fishy is the rare species - the small mouthed stripey's as apposted to the big mouthed bubble bass - quite a cutie I think, but I am his mom, so I am predjudiced - then yesturdays
work - so much work, and something wrong with everyone of them, not one I can sell - ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww - Hope your Labor day is full of joy, peace and happiness - Virginia L.

saucy
09-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Virginia - Your fishy is adorable. The mesh is plain copper mesh found at the hardware store. It's expensive but it is so pretty when I can get it to work correctly.

David E Ricketts
09-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Juls, Margaret, and Virgina WOW......Some great looking beads. Not that they are not always good, but I really like what I see this morning..... :clap: :clap: :clap:

KellyD
09-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Wow, I'm having to go in behind some amazing work today.
Juls- I love all the dots, and the colors just pop out at you. Great sets!
Margaret- both of those beads are great, but the second one is beautiful!
Starlia- Very cute bats,and very creative idea with the mesh wire.
Virginia- I agree, I think your fish is a cutie too!

Here's what I've been working on this weekend.
The first one is black, coral, lime, and that bad evil purple
The second one is brown, some blue I mixed using a combo of dk. gray and turquoise, opal yellow, and lots of stringer
Have a great Labor Day!
Kelly

BBsBaubles
09-06-2004, 09:52 AM
Great S&T today everyone! :clap:
Juls - I really like your purples!
Margaret - I'm melting over your amber focal!
Starlia - I LOVE what you've done with the mesh (how inventive)!
Kelly - The color combinations are great today!

Can't wait to see what other have in store for us today! :wave:

JCA
09-06-2004, 10:32 AM
WOW!!
Great beads everyone :clap: :clap:
I like the bats! The copper mesh is fun Starlia! I did a bunch of stuff with mesh and wire awhile ago. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Eye of the Fire :cool:

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!

Juls
09-06-2004, 10:32 AM
Thank you everyone. :)

Margaret, I am such a huge fan of yours...your SOUL beads are up there on my wish list! I love the first focal..gorgeous color combo!

Saucy, those bats are the cutest and the copper mesh is a super touch to your beads!

Virginia, your fishie is adorable and the floral is lovely....Your stars are just amazing...also up there on my wish list!

Kelly, VERY NICE detailing on that second set of beads. love them!

OINK OINK....I have a couple more to share...I finally figured out metallics~and the second is a set of petites in those classic colors.

~Juls

Juls
09-06-2004, 10:45 AM
Hm, this is a duplicate of the above post... :confused:

Nice Eye of Fire bead!

Peg
09-06-2004, 11:31 AM
I have seen the copper wire mesh in the craft stores as people use it to make copper sculptures and I have seen some great ones the Bellevue Art Fair. I think it is probably more reaonable at the craft stores than a hardware store although I do not know how thick it is and that may be the difference in price. Peg M

Jiley
09-06-2004, 11:48 AM
Great show and Tell guys!!
Virginia - really nice job with the copper mesh!! I have tried it a couple of times and only achieved a copper mess!
Margaret - I love your focal - the second one it spectacular!!
I posted these over in the Fall thread, but here they are again.
Happy LaborDay to all!!!!!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163908&stc=1

starlightdesigns
09-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Wow, this is turning out to be another awesome S&T!

Juls, I keep looking at your ochre set... I just love it, especially that awesome focal! Love the way it transitions from one color scheme to another. Wow!

Margaret, I really love that first focal, the colors are really magnificent!

OMG, Starlia, those bats are totally adorable!

Virginia, I always love your fishies, they always look a little comical yet very pretty!

Kelly, your luscious beads are wonderful! Love the bright vivid colors!

Jim, that eye of the fire bead ROCKS!!! Wow!!!

Jiley, those fall beads are just drop dead gorgeous!!! I love 'em!

Okay, I know I'm risking not getting much of a response, because it's late in the day, but I just can't wait til late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Here's a set I created with Moretti (don't ask what colors, I can't hardly remember them all!) I wanted to try to simulate ocean jasper, which is my all-time favorite gemstone. I hope God doesn't mind me "copying" His work! LOL! Atlhough I can barely do His work justice, I still like how these came out. I listed them on ebay last night, and ya know what?

This is why I am excited!!!

Corina wrote me about them!!!! I am totally honored she not only noticed them, but took the time to write me about them. She invited me to enter them into her latest bead challenge. Although I have already entered something in the challenge, I am hopeful that they'll let me swap that entry with this one, or at least enter another item to it.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/37248-dls180.jpg

Happy Labor Day everyone!!!! :D

dogsrlove
09-06-2004, 01:06 PM
Tray of twisties + cement floor = Broken Twisties SUCKotash Beads! Left one is a hollow, twistie pieces only comprise the walls. And then my first tiger/zebra stripe beads- Thankyou Miss Corina!
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/32795-P1010015.JPG
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/32795-P1010017.JPG

Happy Labor Day All!
Vanessa

Juls
09-06-2004, 02:24 PM
Debby,

That is awesome! And your Ocean Jasper set is gorgeous!! VERY NICE imitation of the real stones! Congrats!! :clap:

~Juls

Vickie
09-06-2004, 02:25 PM
Had a class with Kim Osibin a couple of weeks ago. Finally!!! I am where I have strived and worked soooo hard to be! I'm very proud of the grape beads! Kim's are just beautiful! Vickie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/10440-Image028.jpg
This is a close up since the last one is a little blurry.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/10440-Image029.jpg

emmytr1
09-06-2004, 04:15 PM
Ok, everyones beads are to die for. I don't even want to follow but I'm gonna post.

Mary Lou

David E Ricketts
09-06-2004, 04:55 PM
Had a class with Kim Osibin a couple of weeks ago. Finally!!! I am where I have strived and worked soooo hard to be! I'm very proud of the grape beads! Kim's are just beautiful! Vickie
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/10440-Image028.jpg
This is a close up since the last one is a little blurry.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Sep-2004/10440-Image029.jpg

Vickie, Just AWSOME........... :clap: :clap: :clap:

dogmaw
09-06-2004, 05:06 PM
You know, I don't think I have ever seen fused glass posted here. So I will step in a fill the gap with a piece that came out of my kiln yesterday.

Jo

Crowe
09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Beautiful work all around. Debbie - those are gorgeous. Good luck with the contest. Vanessa - I love the tiger/zebra beads. Happy labor day everyone.

Vickie
09-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks David!! I'm really happy with how that piece turned out. Think I might just keep it. Kim Osibin says you should always keep your first and your best.
Guess I'd better go make supper so maybe I can get in a little torch time today. I haven't done a darned thing all day other than drive into town to Target.
Vickie

Lara
09-06-2004, 06:41 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying a day off today. I made a lot of beads and can't wait to see what they look like.

Today I have a set I called "The Fire Within." Someone a long time ago here posted that Translucent yellow and transparent red when mixed together make fire (with amber = honey). I have been playing around with this and really like the look. Here cased in clear.

Seond set is purple and white stacked dots. I'm loving this purple. It is a sheet glass from Frantz. Very nice.

Lara

Vickie
09-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Lara, very cool!! Don't know which one I like best!
Vickie

Lara
09-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Hey, thanks Vickie. As much as I'm not a yellow/orange/red person, I like the first set best. It sold via BIN on ebay today, so I have to pack it up and send them off. :(

Lara

Vickie
09-06-2004, 09:19 PM
Good for you Lara!! I know what you mean about yellows and oranges, I'm kind of a purple, pink and blue girl myself. My hot pink studio shows that!! :) Vickie