PDA

View Full Version : my first television appearance

ilee
09-05-2004, 11:25 PM
My necklace is going to be on T.V.! I have had a great weekend so far. I finally got my kiln up and running (a big thanks to Karen at hotglassbeads.com and Rob Bartlett and the people at paragon who were all helpful) and I have been so excited to finally anneal my beads and start making beads (like hollow beads and skinny disk beads) To top the weekend off, my sister is going to be on television wearing a necklace that I made for her with beads that I just annealed with my happily functioning kiln. Here is the necklace. I was experimenting with stringer trails and I really liked the color these blue beads ended up being.

llglassdesigns
09-05-2004, 11:45 PM
Congratulations! :clap: That is so cool! That necklace is beautiful. What show is she going to be on?
Deb

saucy
09-06-2004, 05:49 PM
That is so cool! Congrats! :wave:

Cheng076
09-06-2004, 05:55 PM
Good job :clap: :clap:
I find myself looking for lampwork beads on all the TV talking heads these days :wink2: What show??
I must be gettin hooked.... :wink2:
PJH

ilee
09-06-2004, 10:34 PM
She was going to be on a telathon for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. She was supposed to present a check from her work to the MDA. Unfortunately, she showed up and they mader her wait two hours and then they decided not to show her segment so she did not get her five minutes of fame, (more importantly neither did my necklace). Oh well, still, she really liked the necklace so that made me happy.

David E Ricketts
09-07-2004, 04:20 AM
Good for you... Anne, had her "first TV" a couple of months ago at a local Glass Shop. Oh well, They are such great people. why not give them a plug. Jim and Rose, at Bluemoon Glass in Austin Texas, if you are ever here, stop in and say hi to Jim and Rose. The best folks you'll ever find.. They did a good job on the TV Video and showed it 3 or 4 times. Good Luck. :clap: :clap: :clap: