PDA

View Full Version : Wear It's At 9/5

SuzyQ
09-05-2004, 07:46 AM
HELLO MY FRIENDS!!! My gosh I've missed you and so many posts. I had a busy summer full of sand, sun and water. Being on dial up all summer I rediscovered knitting and reading. :) I must admit I haven't made much jewelry as my note card business kept my working hours full. But, I am taking a lampwork class in a couple of weeks, yipee! And will have to create some wonderful busy pieces to utilize all my newbie beads in a "creative" way.
I look forward to visiting with you all again! My kids go to school Tuesday and my littlest will be there all day!!! I'm sure I will have a few moments of loneliness, but I'll figure it out somehow...
Have a great day!

Andee
09-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Hi Suzy and everbody! :)

Suzy - welcome back! I'm sure you'll have fun at your lampwork class! :)

I woke up extremely late (it was past 11 - what a waste of day) with the hell of a headache and a feeling of "dumbness" that I wasn't able to shake off yet. Sure my ARRRRRRGH experience from last night has something to do with the headache (if you don't know what the heck I'm talking about - today's S&T explains it! ;) )... I should sit at the compy and write some applications, but I just can't be bothered today... I think I rather relax! :)

Wishing you all a sunny Sunday! :wave:

GardensOnGlass
09-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Welcome back, Suzy! Andee, relax, life's too short. You'll find the perfect job when the time is right.

I've been mostly AWOL for the past week. The kids started school on Wednesday, went Thursday, and had Friday and tomorrow off. I hate when they start before Labor Day, it's a pain. Well today's my 22nd wedding anniversary. Man, I'm getting old!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hello to all who follow. We've had sun for the past 2 weeks! I knew when the kids got ready to go back to school, we'd have summer. It's been cool for the last week, though, fall-like. But, at least it's not rain, though we're expecting some at the end of the week. It's more bearable, though, when there's been a stretch of sun.

toozygoot
09-05-2004, 10:11 AM
Good Morning everybuddy!

Happy Anniversary Lori! You're not getting old, you're aquiring a fina patina! I agree about the opening of school before Labor Day. How does that make sense?!?!? Especially since New England doesn't really have much summer.

Andee - I hope you get to feeling better soon. I haven't checked S&T yet to see your ARRRRRGH experience yet.

Welcome back Suzy! Sounds like you had a fabulous summer.

Real quiet here today. Hoping the sun will come out for a little bit. It's been real nice the past week.

Have a wonderful Sunday!

pat

beclectic
09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Morning everybody,

Andee - don't give up hope for all the applications you've sent in. You never know when someone might find your resume and decide to call you. The job I have now was filled by the person I was interviewing against. He majorly messed up so 3 months later I get a call that they would like for me to come in for an interview and they hired me on the spot. You just never know. You'll get a job, give yourself a break today and start fresh tomorrow.

SuzyQ - it is so great to have you back. You are going to really enjoy lampwork. Are you still making polymer clay beads? I made some ladybugs for the Ladybug Picnic Exchange project. I think I love that polymer clay. :D

Lori - Happy 22nd. Sounds like you've had a hectic week. I hope next week is more settled. Are you and your DH going to go do something special for your anniversary?

I'm working on some old jewelry that a friend needs to have converted to either posts or ear wires. I'm hoping to get a few pairs done today so I can bring them back to her on Tuesday. She's been asking if I started any of it yet and I hadn't so now I need to.

I'm still having fun at the Chinese Auction. I hope someone picks my number soon so I can show what I made over here.

Have a fun and productive day,

DonnaBee
09-05-2004, 11:35 AM
Morning Suzy, Andee, Lori, Pat and Barbara! :wave:

We're getting ready to head out to a forest preserve for the day. :D Bike riding and cooking out.

Happy Day any who follow posting in the Wear It's At thread today! :)

MadameKali
09-05-2004, 11:37 AM
Good morning, all :) (although it's barely morning!)

Welcome back, miss SuzyQ!

Andee, I rolled out of bed around 11.30 -- but this is an EARLY day for me!! :D Also, I've been told that you should listen to your body as far as your sleeping and let it rest as long as it wants to. Especially if you don't feel well =(

Wow, Lori, that seems like bad planning! We always went back a couple weeks before labour day, in my old school system. Happy Anniversary, too!

Yes, Pat, relax and soak in that sun ;)

Barbara, do you hate it when you promise to do something and then get asked about when you're going to finish it? I always feel like I'm breaking my promises, or lazy or... oh, wait, I am moderately lazy ;) (My roommate is giving me a sterling example of this RIGHT NOW, lol.) That Chinese Auction is lasting a long time! Are they supposed to? What is a Chinese Auction?

I am going to putter around and rest today--it's been a stressful weekend.

beclectic
09-05-2004, 08:45 PM
Susie - Yes I feel like a slug and a bad friend since I hadn't even started on the stuff the last time she asked me. I'm going to do some of it but I did tell her that it was a lot and it would take me a while to do it all. What do y'all charge to convert a pair of earrings from snap ons to either posts or earwires? I'm thinking about $3.00 a pair, does that seem too high, too low?

Chinese Auction - Everyone signs up who wants to play. We had 57 people. Each person makes a gift. I made jewelry but a lot of the glassies made beads, georgeous lampwork beads, others made glass and metal sculptures and some are giving glass rods with their beads. Anyway, each person gets 2 numbers. One number is the order they pick a gift in and the other number is secret and is your gift number. The first person to choose picks a number, the person who has that secret number posts the item, the second person can steal or pick a number. If they steal there is no stealback on that turn, no touchback. Anyway, it goes on and on like that. Right now it is Gingerbiscuits turn to pick a number or steal an item so we are waiting for her but I think she is asleep so she won't pick until tomorrow (our tomorrow morning is her late morning or afternoon). We are a little more than 1/2 way finished and it takes a long time because people don't always check in and take their turns in a timely manner. It is fun though, seeing all the pretty things that get revealed when someone picks a number. Once the game is over you get the item you are holding at the end. Right now I have Whimzicalities Pierre. Here is a picture.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/29029-024whimzicalities1.jpg