PDA

View Full Version : Faux Pastel.....................digi

fugitive
09-05-2004, 04:59 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2666437#post2666437

ColorMyWorld
09-05-2004, 11:27 AM
Wow that was created in digi not manipulated from a photo?
That's amazing!

lindadavis
09-05-2004, 01:38 PM
Wow! I have a Wacom but I've never been able to get it to mimic the real thing that well. That's a really nice piece. Do you use photoshop or painter?

Linda

Dyin
09-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Greg, thanks for posting the link. :) You already know I like this a lot and my thoughts about adding a little blue violet to the far thigh to set it back. I wish I had the time and knowledge you have if just to work some things out before I went to canvas...I've seen more recent work and you blow me away sometimes. Too bad they don't have an oil pastel effect yet....it's got texture like oils and soooo creamy! Think you'd like that effect too.

fugitive
09-05-2004, 07:54 PM
Linda, you can do it, just get PSP 9 with the new media brushes, it's free now on jasc.com, and get good with the tablet. I got the tablet in Jan 2002, and was in here by May. Thanks, and to Sue and all.

Khadres
09-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Very cool! I just LOVED using the "pastels" in Painter! You can pick your surface and how much texture you want and when you're done, there's nothing to clean up! :D THIS is what I call digital art, as to digital manipulation....art. Freehand work done on a tablet. To my mind, it's much more fun, too.

Would love to see what else you've done with the tablet!

fugitive
09-05-2004, 08:09 PM
unlike some, if i do a manip, it's in the manip forum. Thanks, it as quite satisfying, as once, I couldn't do, and now I can. That is kinda neat.