PDA

View Full Version : Sun 5 Sept - Show and Tell

Jacinthe
09-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Good morning everyone!

My harvest from my torching session last night.

First, I finished the set I ended up starting friday night, trans champagne, goldstone, trans grass green and trans med topaz. The goldstone beads are actually lentils with the sides pushed in.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/20424-5sept1.jpg

Next, some small beads using up pieces of stringers and some frit.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/20424-5sept2.jpg

Then a little vessel made with ivory, goldstone, transparent and med topaz
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/20424-5sept3.jpg

Finally, some florals and a messed up stripe bead.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/20424-5sept4.jpg

Come on now, everyone share your pretties! Show us the picture and then tell us about the beads. :)

Hugs from Holland,
Sarah

manda j
09-05-2004, 09:37 AM
Where is EVERYONE? I'm NEVER 2nd in line!

Jacinthe- I love the goldstone and especially the vessel! I've never dared to try one. Such pretty fall colored beads.

I finally figured out how to make turtles to be used as earrings- with the hole in the other direction. Also used clear lausha with copper foil- pretty blue effect, but does anyone know why it got so bubbly?

Foofaraw
09-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Sarah, I love the look of the lentils with the sides pushed in, it reminds me of chunky daisies!! And that vessel is really neat too!!!

Manda ~ great job with the EDP! The lauscha may have bubbled because of a reaction between it and the copper, but that's only a guess.

Here's mine, I caved and made a holidy set, but it's all Sarah's fault, lol! She had a challenge to try something new, so I tried snowmen and that went well, so I tried the peppermint candies and that went well and well then I had to do something with them!

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/19877-Holiday-Cheer.jpg

quill
09-05-2004, 10:17 AM
Nice stuff. I teally like Sarah's first set, Amy's snowmen & the big-ol-hole beads.
Here is a pink & black confetti set-

JCA
09-05-2004, 10:50 AM
Quill - Looks like marble! Very cool effect...
Sarah, lovely as always.
Foofaraw - ACK! Not about your cute beads, but you sent my little brain a reminder to get going on Santa's necklaces.
And MandaJ - I like the square holed one! Did you cook your hand like I did making them? If you did, write to me please? I may have a thought for you......

Okay - WARNING WARNING! THEY ARE PRETTY. Scares me bad when this sort of thing happens.... Hollows - the pink is Moretti, The purple Bullseye and the purple one?
CHANGES COLORS! How to make? Hollows with glass stringers painted on, slather with dichro, splash more junk on until it looks overdone - and VOILA!
Take some off pics and pretend you are Mr. Booger and wonder why your WIFE is on the computer instead of getting her work done.....

Oops. :D
Sheryll
(I mean......Mr. Booger..........)

kctori
09-05-2004, 10:55 AM
Great posts already... lovely lentils... love the flecky look.
Christmas already?? "Jim" Sheryll..., you snuck in while I was posting... those were some amazing encased faces the other day - WOW!! What color pink is that on the right hand bead? droolishus. I wish I could work dichroic like you guys do... mine just fizzles and burns off.
I thought Lezlie B was ahead of the power curve with her candy corn and pumpkins...
I have had a hard time crawling out of the lentil mashing habit... in fact - had one day last week where I forbade myself from reaching for any mold... talk about a frustrating day!

Thrilled to be so close to the top of this showcase - an oddity... makes me wonder if most of our posters live in FL... (hope everyone is somewhere safe).

I've decided that this terracotta... and orange are my new favorite colors...

amy fgb
09-05-2004, 11:45 AM
Lovely beads everyone!

Here's a set I just put up for auction last night. I think it'll be nice for fall (even though it's hard to believe the summer's over, dran it).

Take care,
Amy

lepoppet
09-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Here's mine....fresh out of the kiln. The Blood Moon.

jeffwelsh23462
09-05-2004, 12:13 PM
great stuff everyone! here's mine. been super busy making alot of things. i have some more halloween beads too but i have to string them up first.... :wave:

snootyvixen
09-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Beautiful beads everyone! Amy's stand out for me, and the stunning simplicity of Jill's first bead.

I think I made possibly my prettiest bead ever ....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/14836-b040905_floral_1.jpg

... but it's got a boo-boo on the other side ....

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/05-Sep-2004/14836-b040905_floral_2.jpg

Vikki

jowell
09-05-2004, 12:32 PM
All the beads are Great! I really liked Jill's.

I'm brand new at this . I put together my setup about a week ago. my niece helped me get set up and showed me some basics. The rest I have learned from reading here and the books suggested here. I THANK EVERYONE on this site for all the info sharing.
I am using a HH w/mapp. No idea what kind of glass :o
I have been pulling stringer playing w/ hot glass and here are the best of the 150 or so beads. :wink2:

aimee
09-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Here's a heart that we've spent all morning to get a photo of. I etched it so it wasn't so shiny, which I really like the looks of. But it was still hard to get a pic that wasn't blurry. It's made from silver pink, coral stringer, aubergine frit, and a little intense black stringer and dark ivory stringer.

gramfel
09-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Hi! Jenn, How do you make the peppermint candy? It looks good enough to eat! I love all the new beads, especially the fall colors!! Great work! Now, back to the torch!! Lulie :)

BeadBraker
09-06-2004, 12:16 AM
Ok, here's mine! all Halloween!
Nancy B in IL

starlightdesigns
09-06-2004, 12:24 AM
What an awesome S&T today, everyone!!! Ya'll ROCK!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

tigerlil
09-06-2004, 12:30 AM
God, I love these shown'tells!! :p
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Sigh... :p (happy sigh)

thanks for sharing everyone!

Here's Ollie the Octupus--he was made as a sideproduct of the Murrini that I pulled day before yesterday. I was alone and hadn't pulled Murinni by myself (did it once, before getting equipment, at a Leah Fairbanks workshop) Anyway, ended up with some fat murrini and some thin murrini. Looked like it would make a good octopus, so there you are...my first off-mandrel creature in some time whose legs didn't crack (all eight of them :D ) Ollie has appeared already in the Chinese Auction thread, but I was prodded (AlaskaBarb :p ) into presenting him here! I've included his journey by bicycle that my daughter sent him on...

I love what I'm seeing here today---Vikki--that IS a beautiful, beautiful bead! :clap:

Booger
09-06-2004, 01:27 AM
Liza,
That is wonderful! Especially the bike prop photo.
Sheryll Going For Zzzzzzzzzz's

AlaskaBarb
09-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Great Octopus! I had seen the first pic, but then I scrolled down to the second and nearly spit out my coffee -- that's a riot!

He looks really excited to be on the bike. Love it.

Hugs,
B

AlaskaBarb
09-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Well, as long as we've started on things with tentacles .......

Guess I'll post mine, too. Growing up on the northwest coast of Africa and then on Okinawa, I spent a lot of time playing in the ocean, and was always fascinated by sponges, anemones and jellyfish.

I wasn't trying to make specific creatures, but rather just explore the carefree exuberance of tentacles.

B

tigerlil
09-06-2004, 11:20 AM
Great Octopus! I had seen the first pic, but then I scrolled down to the second and nearly spit out my coffee -- that's a riot!

He looks really excited to be on the bike. Love it.

Hugs,
B

oops, sorry bout the coffee mess (your monitor must've suffered)--but you're right, he does look excited...

I love, love, LOVE your tentacles---very, very cool. how fun!! Glass and sea creatures really go hand in hand...very neat effects you're getting there :p

Suzee
09-06-2004, 01:18 PM
Hey Liza :wave:

I LOVE that octopus.....and the bike prop was a bit of genius! Your daughter has a sense of the absurd with a huge dose of whimsy.....wonder where she got that from? ;)

Great work!

Hugs,
Suzee

TwistNglass
09-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Wow, that octopus is too cool! Now I want to try murrini, it looks like fun.

I'm still playing with organics and going for the "old" look. Have a great day everyone!

Rose

tigerlil
09-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Ooooh Rose--those are very cool looking--I love them! :clap: Thanks for the compliment on the octopus--I don't know if "fun" is the right word for building murrini--it's very hot and a bit stressful (esp. with noone to pull the other end-won't do that again :D )

Hi Suzee, my daughter does have an interesting sense of humor...thanks!

Dallas
09-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Rose, Keep it up. They are fabulous :clap: I am so completely jealous :envy: Everyone does such great work!
Cheryl