PDA

View Full Version : Caving to the call of the lentil..

quill
09-03-2004, 11:30 PM
I finally broke down and ordered a CBS & made my first lentils yesterday. I am still working on the shape but on the whole it went pretty well & these ones were a very pleasant surprise-

firemonkey
09-04-2004, 12:27 AM
oooooooohhh! Lovely watercolor effect.
Very soft and elegant.

lepoppet
09-04-2004, 12:53 AM
ME TOO ME TOO

I just got my CBS today and I have

LENTILS IN THE PUMPKIN PATCH!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Mori
09-04-2004, 12:55 AM
Linda, those are so pretty! I think those are awesome first lentils! I agree with Holly. Beautiful watercolor feel.

~Mori(Maria)

quill
09-04-2004, 01:04 AM
Nice pumpkins!

quill
09-04-2004, 01:06 AM
I agree with Holly. Beautiful watercolor feel
Thanks guys!

Anyone want to try to guess what I used?

David E Ricketts
09-04-2004, 04:11 AM
How Great.... Now , no one else here, listen.... Small etched Lentils are in great demand on ebay right now. AMR, was doing them when ebay was slow a month or so ago, but her sales increased because of making these. Don't tell anyone, unless they want to give me 10% for spilling the beans....... :)

ms-priss
09-04-2004, 04:21 AM
:wave:

Those are very "soft and cuddley"!!!! I yike 'em! :clap:

Watch out, though. Once you start smashing - it never stops!!!

Smiles,
Priss

jbriz
09-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Isn't it fun to get new toys??

Quill, I love the colors in your first set....and I would love to know what you used!! I'm assuming we'll see more of these from you soon!

Lepoppet, cute pumpkins! I tried one yesterday and liked my pumpkin, but I still struggle with leaves....needless to say, I WON"T show that one!! ha ha

lepoppet
09-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Jbriz,
The key to brushstroke leaves is to get the little blob on the end really molten-soupy-hot. Then you can use the "dab and push" method to get leaves. Keep practicing. I know you'll do great!

Maria

dgg112
09-04-2004, 12:56 PM
I finally broke down and ordered a CBS & made my first lentils yesterday. I am still working on the shape but on the whole it went pretty well & these ones were a very pleasant surprise-

LOVE the lentils!! You did a great job, Quill!!! :clap:

Maria your pumpkins are just fantastic!!!! LOvE them!!!

What exactly is the cbs?? I've seen it on the net but don't get it, guess I"m terribly dense!!! Is it a base that has like a cartridge that fits into it to shape the bead and the cartridge can be changed??? Or is it all one piece???

firemonkey
09-04-2004, 01:30 PM
Mmmmmm Quill I am guessing transparent enamels?
Or a post annealing glass paint?

Dallas
09-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Debbie,
I was wondering the same thing. I am guessing it is Corinas bead squeeze but not sure. If that is correct, could someone explain how her web site and bases and all work. I have looked several times, but have no idea how to even begin to order. Do you need to buy a base and then different shapes? Are there different bases. It's to confusing for me. Help :confused: Does it end up being expensive going this way? Any recommendations?
Thank you,
Cheryl

ms-priss
09-04-2004, 02:46 PM
If you order the original CBS, it comes with the base and the lentils. There are 3 sizes with it, in one stamp. If you want a different mold other than the regular lentil, just email Catt (the link is on the order page) and tell her you want the base with "XX" mold.

I have the original base and lentil molds, plus the XS upgrade, the small bead squeeze and a prototype of the square. I love them all!!!!!!!

If you need help ordering, just pm me and I'll try to help!

Smiles,
Priss

quill
09-04-2004, 02:55 PM
Mmmmmm Quill I am guessing transparent enamels?
Or a post annealing glass paint?

Nope. No enamels or paints. Good guess though.
& yes I am using the CBS.

quill
09-04-2004, 07:28 PM
If I'm going to be a thread hog, I might as well do it right. Here is another set I am liking-

Emily NZ
09-05-2004, 12:08 AM
Linda, those lentils are so yummy! Man I think I am going to have to cave in and get one too..................one day! Anyone got a spare lentil masher they aren't using??????
Love the little pumpkins too!
Emily

dgg112
09-05-2004, 08:07 AM
If I'm going to be a thread hog, I might as well do it right. Here is another set I am liking-

Oooooooooooooooooh hog away!! These are great!!!!!! :clap: :clap:

quill
09-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Linda, those lentils are so yummy! Man I think I am going to have to cave in and get one too
Thanks Emily!
That makes me wonder. Is anyone here using Boro for their lentils?
I can't remember seeing any in Boro.

Went & did a search on ebay. I could only find one seller with Boro lentils- glassbuffalo (http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=glassbuffalo&completed=0&sort=3&since=-1)
Pretty!

manda j
09-05-2004, 09:43 AM
OK- I'd like to know what you used- on the second set, is it EDP, SIS and coral? First set looks like EDP and something. Are they both etched?

quill
09-05-2004, 10:40 AM
Both sets are etched. The first set very lightly.
The first set is Spectrum & the second set is Effetre in Dark Violet, Uranium Yellow & odd-lot coral.

rightbrainbeads
09-06-2004, 08:53 PM

I love 'em, Quill!!! :clap:

lynne

tamjai
09-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Both sets are etched. The first set very lightly.
The first set is Spectrum & the second set is Effetre in Dark Violet, Uranium Yellow & odd-lot coral.
Spectrum??? my local supplier carries a limited selection but i didn't realize how limited until now........
tam

collectiblesbyrose
09-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Quill, the first watercolor lentils are my very favorite! They are beautiful, you sure did a great job!
Rb