PDA

View Full Version : In love w/ the new purples

WiredWomanDesign
09-03-2004, 08:12 PM
I finally got the new Moretti purples (just a rod of each) and I'm in love. The silver plums are amazing, although I'm still not sure I can tell the difference between them. The metallic effects are so cool. And the new violet/lavender opaque is lovely and just different enough from the old new violet that is also one of my current favorites. Here's a set with violet and silver plum:
http://www.wiredwomandesign.com/plumgorgeous.jpg

moondanse
09-03-2004, 08:19 PM
WOW!! :clap:
GORGEOUS beads--GORGEOUS colors! I think I may have to get some of those rods....

backroombeads
09-03-2004, 09:35 PM
I knew these new purples were out just before the gathering, but I told myself I wasn't going to get excited about it since I have a pile of a variety of purples....how different could these be? So now that I've seen your pics and a few others in a different post, NOW I gotta get some! Thanks for sharing. Pat

WiredWomanDesign
09-03-2004, 10:15 PM
Aren't they interesting colours? I'm already trying to figure out how to get more of these - right now Frantz is rationing these colors to the suppliers I buy from, and they in turn are rationing them - I just happened to hear about the new shipment in time to get some. I love purples, so to find some new ones is a great treat.

quill
09-03-2004, 11:33 PM
Susan those are lovely.
If you really want more, you can order 1/2lb of each directly from Frantz. That is how I got mine. Only take a few days.

Mori
09-04-2004, 01:00 AM
Susan, you named them perfectly! I love them. Beautiful. I'm headed over to Frantz to get some.

~Maria (Mori)

Virginia L.
09-05-2004, 02:06 AM
awwwwwwwwwww, Edmonton, I want to turn right around and go back, only been home a week, and miss it so much already - Beautiful beads - Do you buy dirrectly from Frantz??? I am going out there on Tuesday and will check them out - Thanks for sharing, say Hi to Rosa for me, if you see her - God Bless - Virginia L. :wave: "Canadian by heart!!!!"

!ngridh
09-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I finally got the new Moretti purples (just a rod of each) and I'm in love. The silver plums are amazing, although I'm still not sure I can tell the difference between them. The metallic effects are so cool. And the new violet/lavender opaque is lovely and just different enough from the old new violet that is also one of my current favorites. Here's a set with violet and silver plum:
http://www.wiredwomandesign.com/plumgorgeous.jpg

NOW those are gorgeous!!!!!!! so spill it...what did you use for the stringer...Can you get that look with the silver plums???

gorgeous looking beads!

WiredWomanDesign
09-05-2004, 12:05 PM
awwwwwwwwwww, Edmonton, I want to turn right around and go back, only been home a week, and miss it so much already - Beautiful beads - Do you buy dirrectly from Frantz??? I am going out there on Tuesday and will check them out - Thanks for sharing, say Hi to Rosa for me, if you see her - God Bless - Virginia L. :wave: "Canadian by heart!!!!"

Hi Virginia - it was so nice to meet you and to see your amazing work!! I hear rumours you might be coming back for a visit this winter - brave girl! I have been buying locally because of convenience, but that may change. Sometimes I wish I still lived in Puyallup - at least as far as being able to drive to Frantz and pick my own glass. I'll pass your regards on to Rosa next time I see her. :wave:

WiredWomanDesign
09-05-2004, 12:09 PM
NOW those are gorgeous!!!!!!! so spill it...what did you use for the stringer...Can you get that look with the silver plums???

gorgeous looking beads!

Thanks very much Ingrid - yup, the stringer is the new silver plums, I think I used both lt and dk silver plum stringer in this set as I ran out of the dark midway through. I can't see much difference between the two. Isn't the effect lovely?